Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Looking thru my old Facebook posts and came across this little rhyme I made back in 2011 that fit the stock market theme and good message for any doubters not sure of getting in. Good thing I never pursued rapping. :mjlol:

May 19, 2011 ·
Money on my mind, mind on my money.
Stay on the grind, don't be a dummy.
To make it last, you gotta risk it and invest.
May not come fast, but give thanks to interest.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Today was the first day my individual investment accounts (not including any retirement accounts) crossed $50K. Not too bad for starting in late January 2019 with $10K I had sitting around in a bank account with no idea what to do with.

My investment journey started when my mom got me some Hughes net stock many years ago that became DirecTv and then AT&T. I kept getting small checks from AT&T and would just forget about them but in 2019 I went on Computershare and saw I had hundreds of dollars in dividends piled up. I was totally ignorant about the stock market but I'm like "they're paying me for nothing?" Looked into it and decided I wanted more dividends.

In the beginning I was just buying and selling stuff at random like a fool. Looking back I messed up on several stocks like Charter ($290 per share) AMD ($21 per share) and Nvidia ($160 per share) that are worth way more now than they were a year and a half ago. Should have just held them.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Popping into this thread for the first time to say I bought a TON of $24 March 2021 SLV calls.
I feel like I'm about to make a lot of money off of them in the next few months.

My SLV call options are making so much money this week its scary.
Its not normal for something like this to go up this fast. I'm wondering if I should just cash out early if Silver pops up to $30.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Would putting $5,000 into apple be a wise decision ?

And would it be best to keep long term or sell off before the split August 30th?
I'm literally gonna buy an additional $5000 worth after the split. I been selling bits and pieces of other things and my tax returns and I'm probably gonna put a little but more now I that I think about it.

Like @winb83 said, Apple stock isn't something you sell. You acquire as much of it as you can when it's cheap, you keep it and let the dividends flow into other things in order to maximize profits long term.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How high can FB go? I wanted to hold on to it for a year or two, then cash out once I'm at 25-30k. Put it all on the right low cost stocks so I can double or triple my cash. Rinse and repeat. Obviously it sounds easier then it is.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How high can FB go? I wanted to hold on to it for a year or two, then cash out once I'm at 25-30k. Put it all on the right low cost stocks so I can double or triple my cash. Rinse and repeat. Obviously it sounds easier then it is.
300s? apparently they own a lotta shyt

once it hits 300 then yea theres prolly shyt thats gonna grow more :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

It's potential is limitless because they own IG and whatsapp and are finding more ways to grow those platforms and then they are sitting on billions of cash where they can make more acquisitions..they are growing in a pandemic when ad revenue is down.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
hold it. i dont think anyones selling apple before it splits

No reason to. When it's $125 a share more retail will pile in and we haven't gotten to the best part..

This year they are dropping a new iPhone which will undoubtedly be scooped up by stimulus money..

Their apps business continues to grow rapidly..

..and then next year they are supposed to be dropping another phone better version with 5G expansion on deck.