Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No reason to. When it's $125 a share more retail will pile in and we haven't gotten to the best part..

This year they are dropping a new iPhone which will undoubtedly be scooped up by stimulus money..

Their apps business continues to grow rapidly..

..and then next year they are supposed to be dropping another phone better version with 5G expansion on deck.
Ya'll just keep buying your new iPads and iPhones every year

I'ma eat so well off this next Apple run:mjcry:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I am also anti Apple. Thankful for their stock but not their products. I own an old ipod from like generation 8, first one with a big screen I believe, but thats it. shyt so old it uses the big charger and dies quick when I take it out of my old alarm clock dock but plays fine on it. Maybe I should look and see if they still sell that cable or what I can do. :francis:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Would putting $5,000 into apple be a wise decision ?

And would it be best to keep long term or sell off before the split August 30th?
Yes, long term. Apple isn't going to stop going up.

Also, shoutout to those in at Opti at ..02 and out at .15 or higher fukk yeah

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm literally gonna buy an additional $5000 worth after the split. I been selling bits and pieces of other things and my tax returns and I'm probably gonna put a little but more now I that I think about it.

Like @winb83 said, Apple stock isn't something you sell. You acquire as much of it as you can when it's cheap, you keep it and let the dividends flow into other things in order to maximize profits long term.

Long term, I'm not at all convinced that they can make a smooth transition to ARM chips for their Macs.
I'm sure they care a lot more about their phones than the Macs, but if they get bogged down by compatibility problems it could hurt their reputation. So I don't really agree with "buy and hold forever nomatter what".

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Long term, I'm not at all convinced that they can make a smooth transition to ARM chips for their Macs.
I'm sure they care a lot more about their phones than the Macs, but if they get bogged down by compatibility problems it could hurt their reputation. So I don't really agree with "buy and hold forever nomatter what".
Oh for sure....but I firmly believe we got another 3-5 years of growth right back to where we are now with Apple even after the split this summer

I honestly don't think they're gonna go completely into their own chips either

I feel like it's gonna be like an optional type deal

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sold my 0.191 fractional share of Apple today. There was no point in keeping that fraction of a share because the most likely scenario when they split my full shares is that part gets cashed out.

If you hold any fractional shares of Apple I would suggest you get them to a full share before the split. Fidelity let's you sell fractional shares so I just sold it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had a few thousand in some index funds. I'm about to sell all those and just put them in stocks. Index funds are cool if you just want to deposit money and go on about your business but I'm looking for more gains.
yeah might as well just look at their top 5 holdings and buy those directly

im all about throwing my extra cash in QQQ, XLK and VGT. tech indexes are gonna crush it going forward

the S&P 500 while the bottom 450 companies are losing money is :huhldup::camby: