Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
yeah might as well just look at their top 5 holdings and buy those directly

im all about throwing my extra cash in QQQ, XLK and VGT. tech indexes are gonna crush it going forward

the S&P 500 while the bottom 450 companies are losing money is :huhldup::camby:

Agreed. I was using the Schwab indexes for the total US and international stock markets. If anything, going forward I'll jump on ARKK and ARKW. Right now though I feel its more important for me to establish solid positions within the stocks I want.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Today was the first day my individual investment accounts (not including any retirement accounts) crossed $50K. Not too bad for starting in late January 2019 with $10K I had sitting around in a bank account with no idea what to do with.

My investment journey started when my mom got me some Hughes net stock many years ago that became DirecTv and then AT&T. I kept getting small checks from AT&T and would just forget about them but in 2019 I went on Computershare and saw I had hundreds of dollars in dividends piled up. I was totally ignorant about the stock market but I'm like "they're paying me for nothing?" Looked into it and decided I wanted more dividends.

In the beginning I was just buying and selling stuff at random like a fool. Looking back I messed up on several stocks like Charter ($290 per share) AMD ($21 per share) and Nvidia ($160 per share) that are worth way more now than they were a year and a half ago. Should have just held them.
This is why I try not to look at my account too closely. I just try to dollar cost average it every paycheck.

I’m not in it for the 2-3 dollar rises. I’m trying in stocks that go up 10+ in a day, just because it’s a random ass Wednesday.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
How high can FB go? I wanted to hold on to it for a year or two, then cash out once I'm at 25-30k. Put it all on the right low cost stocks so I can double or triple my cash. Rinse and repeat. Obviously it sounds easier then it is.
FB is at least a 500+ stock to me. Heck it should be there right now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
sold shares during the boycott & removed it completely from m1 finance:francis:
#pouringjelly:mjlol:

I knew the boycott was completely dead once I saw the CEO of LuLu on CNBC and the girl on there was like "don't y'all get more out of advertising on Facebook than anywhere else?"

And he was like.... :skip:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm looking at China to retaliate and suggest banning US companies from operating there. If Apple gets banned in China the stock price falls through the floor.

Kinda like the trade war.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Back to Apple fractional shares: An employee from M1 Finance said that the stock split would not result in the sale of fractional shares. Don't hold me to that, that's what the representative said. :manny:
I don't doubt M1 will do that but I believe Fidelity will. I'm possibly looking at selling other fractional shares. I just prefer buying whole shares. I stopped all drip reinvesting and I just buy whole shares with my dividends now. Bad part is SoFi gives you the dividends the next day and you still have to wait 3 days to settle.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
dont sell off before the split, you should be doing the opposite :skip:

got any microsoft? id grab some of that too :yeshrug:
Apple is doing a split? Apple has gone up 36% in my M1 since 7/2. Tell me more about the split though? I have 2 shares, and my girl works for them, so she has like 25 or so. NEVER SELL APPLE. It's retirement, just like Microsoft. They're not going to go down.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Sold my 0.191 fractional share of Apple today. There was no point in keeping that fraction of a share because the most likely scenario when they split my full shares is that part gets cashed out.

If you hold any fractional shares of Apple I would suggest you get them to a full share before the split. Fidelity let's you sell fractional shares so I just sold it.
m1?

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Apple is doing a split? Apple has gone up 36% in my M1 since 7/2. Tell me more about the split though? I have 2 shares, and my girl works for them, so she has like 25 or so. NEVER SELL APPLE. It's retirement, just like Microsoft. They're not going to go down.
thats 100 shares after the split :wow:....why did i reject going through the interview process when they reached out :picard:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
thats 100 shares after the split :wow:....why did i reject going through the interview process when they reached out :picard:
And shes fine as fukk :wow: #winning

But for real I could see working there being fukking terrible. Imagine being around 100 apple robots all day