Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
Brehs i gotta make some money, this sideways trading for the last two weeks is driving me nuts
If the stimulus package isn't passed before congress goes on recews again expect a drop. House of representatives was supposed to go on recess July 31st but Nancy Pelosi said they they are willing to push that date forward for further stimulus discussion. The senatr goes on recess August 7th and Mitch Mcnonell said that theh aren't delaying it. This means that a stimulus decision has to happen before August 7th.
Also, if Trump's payroll tax exemption is included in the stimulus package, expect the market to gap up 7 percent :francis:. These are the events I'm watching closely ( along with technology earnings; if tech had bad earnings during COVID expect Nasdaq to drop like a rock:francis:).

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
Just out of curiosity, what’s y’all beef with penny stocks? :jbhmm:

Y’all do realize it’s easier for a stock to go from $1 to $3 than it is to go from $1000 to $3000 even tho both would yield the same results right?

A stock under a dollar with promise is better than waiting for Tesla to hit bitcoin numbers
Penny stocks are highly risky. Most penny stocks are low float so someone can easily manipulate that stoxk with less capital. Thats why pump and dumps are so common. Say for example I had 100k. I could slowly artificially raise the price of the stock by slowly buying that stock. The upward momentum will attract buyers. Once enough buyers are there I can essentially rob them by selling. Pump and dumps are rare on large float stocks such as Microsoft are google.

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
Whales trying to manipulate everything prior to earnings :manny:
It's their algos. They can see your orders and act accordingly. For example on Monday Astrazeneca had so many calls on it that the algos decided to sell off and move on to something more profitable. Also, robinhood feeds your data to wallstreet. This is one of the reasons why robinhood is commission free. The price is your data.