Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
I keep this page open and usually see if anything looks interesting on there.

Hot Penny Stocks - Barchart.com

Just got some shyt called VYST. Only worth like 5 cents but hopefully it can reach 10 or 15 cents and give me something. I'll be happy with a small $20 flip on it.

Im going to look into this. +rep

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
but i literally sold my shyt at a profit and it shows in my realized gains under the tax forms- ima have to call fidelity :wow:
I think Wash Sale means either 30 days before or 30 days after you sold something at a loss then bought back into it or something considered almost identical to it. It's to block people from harvesting short term losses for tax purposes on positions they actually plan to keep.

The wash sale rule kept me from buying Tesla when it fell into the $180s last year because I had sold it at a loss when it fell from about $300 into the mid $200s but then it fell to $180 and if I bought back it (which I wanted to) I would have had to add the loss to my cost basis so I didn't bother and unfortunately Tesla didn't stay that low for long and never fell that low again.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
OdMmo9i_d.jpg

:lupe:

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sold xspa at the top today. Felt good. Sold my akts almost at the top. Felt good as well. Gonna has them profits and put it all back into akts unless I see ya talk of another quick flip and I might just put them profits in for a quick flip. But if akts don’t go back down to a low price like it’s been doing the past month where I been losing....... :stopitslime:

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm here to talk about long term holds if anyone is interested. I dropped DKNG said it's a buy when it was around 20 and I dropped RTX as a buy when it was 50. I'm holding both.

It's not too late for those. There could also be some pullback.

Livongo is another I'm interested in but haven't pulled the trigger.

Later tonight I will drop my watchlist for growth stocks

gotta reply to this to keep track of for later... you definitely been one of the helpful ones.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'll start by discussing some long positions that I personally own.

Let's first discuss RTX. I been talking about RTX aka Raytheon Technologies for months. We are talking about a $90 billion dollar cap aerospace and defense technology company.. A merger occurred between Raytheon and the former United Technologies. It's a great company with great minds and constant innovation.

Is war going out of style anytime soon? Nope. They are a leader in many defense spaces such as missile systems. They are a leader in aircraft technology as well.

The merger combined with Covid-19 had this pulled way back. I got in at $50. It's currently $64 but was at about $74/share a week ago.

I think it can get to $130 relatively easy when this is all over and it's a company that will have a nice dividend in the future.

Add it to the watch list.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
10 years of compound interest which is basically exponential growth.

Yea I get that part, the part that’s confusing me is why does the second girl have to give $3k every year for 30 years while the first only had to do it for 10?

I’m ready to do this index fund. Just to make sure I have it correct, I just buy shares of the fund (going with VFIAX) every month without selling at all for 30 years and the interest compounds?

Just let the shares keep building up in my Vanguard account? :jbhmm: