Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
Yall may wanna dump TVIX. Its crashing and may get delisted.

Looking Into The Tragedy of TVIX | ETF Trends

"Fast forward to this morning, and apparently, they’ve decided — again — that while they really like the $25 million in annual fees, they really hate managing the hedge. So now they’re not only suspending creations of new shares (meaning the fund won’t trade at anything like fair value again, except by accident), they’re also delisting TVIX and all of its siblings. Here’s the press release. But just to reiterate what it says:

1. They’ll stop letting new shares be created on various dates (July 3rd for TVIX).
  2. They will delist the products on various dates (July 2nd for TVIX).
  3. THEY ARE NOT REDEEMING THE NOTES.
What this means, practically, is that if you hold the notes in your account on July 3rd, you only have three options ever to unwind that position.

1. Hope you can find a buyer on the pink sheets.
  2. Wait until TVIX matures in November of 2030 (it’ll be worthless, with almost mathematical certainty).
  3. Present shares through the early redemption mechanism to get fair value."

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
did you buy a few sets of shares? the total might have been in the green, but some of your shares were still in red

i did it myself once, so trust me :dead: its not fidelity
u right:dwillhuh:
i just checked my purchase lots:scust: what kind of messed up rule is this lol, i was selling at losses all day with robinhood no problem :hubie:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Buy SRS?

15.73 USD +0.030 (0.19%)

I would think it would go down due to MISSED payments though I may be misinterpreting ...

It's an inverse ETF.

Back in 2007/2008 when the housing market went to shyt, SRS went up in value.

Just for the record I'm not saying it's a buy, I just think it might be worth watching. If the government were to provide aid to homeowners and banks to keep people from getting evicted then the value of it would go down.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's an inverse ETF.

Just for the record I'm not saying it's a buy, I just think it might be worth watching. If the government were to provide aid to homeowners and banks to keep people from getting evicted then the value of it would go down.
great post breh

wongzini

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's an inverse ETF.

Was it reverse split or did it really go up to $13,000 in '08?

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
Market might crash tommorow morning with this China trade deal news that just dropped. Secret service kicked the press out and at the same time its relapsed that trade deals not going well. Also futures dropping like a rock :mjlol: