Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
DKNG. I been talking about this since April and the IPO. As said I did not get in at $20. I wanted to find support but I began around $24/share. This is Draftkings. Sports gambling is only getting bigger.

Here's some other information. Only about 9 states allow sports gambling right, this list will grow rapidly. They are going to need to make up money, states will push through this sooner than later. That's a lot of growth.

Also.. Draftkings is going to be the leader in in-game betting. That means dudes can jump on the app and bet on shyt that's going on in the middle of the game. They are expanding that avenue. Also, they have big investors on board. It's a company that whales believe in.

It's currently trading between $38-$44. There could be pullbacks for sure. Sports is still iffy right now.. it's priced in that NBA/MLB is returning and will go smoothly, that's why we see the huge run up.

It can fall with bad news on that end. But once football begins I imagine we will see a big spike again. My short term price target is maybe $60. Long term is honestly limitless, it will depend on the factors I wrote above.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
A new position I added recently is "OPES" they are an acquisition outfit. They are merger with BurgerFI and then BurgerFI goes public for the first time. There's not a lot of new restaurants with growth potential that have gone public recently.

It's known as the hipster "healthy" burger joint. They now have 120 locations and will be expanding. They are trying to fill that suburban city cac wave that made places like Whole Foods so popular.

I don't have a short term price target on this. I imagine it goes up upon the merger. I am basically taking a flyer on this, it's not set in stone that I will own it long term.

wongzini

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OdMmo9i_d.jpg

:lupe:
From Lambo to used toyota corolla...
:picard:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yea I get that part, the part that’s confusing me is why does the second girl have to give $3k every year for 30 years while the first only had to do it for 10?

I’m ready to do this index fund. Just to make sure I have it correct, I just buy shares of the fund (going with VFIAX) every month without selling at all for 30 years and the interest compounds?

Just let the shares keep building up in my Vanguard account? :jbhmm:
It’s just the effect of having 60k compound for 10 yrs earlier, before chick two ever even reaches that 60k, that’s just how far ahead you get by starting early.

And compound interest examples are mainly done based on savings accounts and assume a constant rate of return. You’ll be cool if you invest in a few funds, just know there are years you’ll be negative, I’m negative this year on a few funds, like not even just YTD, but negative on my investment, so your investment in those funds might not have amazing exponential growth, but they’ll grow over time.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
DKNG. I been talking about this since April and the IPO. As said I did not get in at $20. I wanted to find support but I began around $24/share. This is Draftkings. Sports gambling is only getting bigger.

Here's some other information. Only about 9 states allow sports gambling right, this list will grow rapidly. They are going to need to make up money, states will push through this sooner than later. That's a lot of growth.

Also.. Draftkings is going to be the leader in in-game betting. That means dudes can jump on the app and bet on shyt that's going on in the middle of the game. They are expanding that avenue. Also, they have big investors on board. It's a company that whales believe in.

It's currently trading between $38-$44. There could be pullbacks for sure. Sports is still iffy right now.. it's priced in that NBA/MLB is returning and will go smoothly, that's why we see the huge run up.

It can fall with bad news on that end. But once football begins I imagine we will see a big spike again. My short term price target is maybe $60. Long term is honestly limitless, it will depend on the factors I wrote above.

I didnt see the burgerfi one on M1 but see this one. Looks like its a fairly young stock. You think it'll stay around the $40 level at least until NBA returns next month? Looks like it was pretty stable in 2019 during nfl season. If it can break past $40 it might have potential.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
It’s just the effect of having 60k compound for 10 yrs earlier, before chick two ever even reaches that 60k, that’s just how far ahead you get by starting early.

And compound interest examples are mainly done based on savings accounts and assume a constant rate of return. You’ll be cool if you invest in a few funds, just know there are years you’ll be negative, I’m negative this year on a few funds, like not even just YTD, but negative on my investment, so your investment in those funds might not have amazing exponential growth, but they’ll grow over time.

I thought I just would have to buy 1 or 2 shares of VFIAX ($290/share) every month after an initial investment of $3000.

I don’t see how interest compounds that way but everything I’ve looked up basically said that’s how I invest in an index fund. Is that correct?

I thought there was a way I could invest a set amount every month like an even $500 or $1000 while making interest on top of interest for 25-30 yrs but I’m not seeing that as an option unless I’m just mad lost. :dwillhuh:

And yea I’m cool with the long run ups and downs. Seems like long as I keep putting in and don’t take out for 30 yrs, the overall market will be good to me and I can cash out a nice amount just in time to party the rest of my :flabbynsick: days away :blessed:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Definitely agree and encourage people to start early so they can have more time to gain interest. All 3 major stock indexes have grown thru the years. Even tho some years are red, all 3 are higher now than 5 years ago. So yeah I had some negative funds, of course I did a broker transfer but regardless, with patience these funds will go up. Still got a long way to go so best to be patient and let the interest compound itself.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Definitely agree and encourage people to start early so they can have more time to gain interest. All 3 major stock indexes have grown thru the years. Even tho some years are red, all 3 are higher now than 5 years ago. So yeah I had some negative funds, of course I did a broker transfer but regardless, with patience these funds will go up. Still got a long way to go so best to be patient and let the interest compound itself.

Which index fund do you have? :jbhmm:

Do you invest a set amount or do you buy shares of it like a stock?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I thought I just would have to buy 1 or 2 shares of VFIAX ($290/share) every month after an initial investment of $3000.

I don’t see how interest compounds that way but everything I’ve looked up basically said that’s how I invest in an index fund. Is that correct?

I thought there was a way I could invest a set amount every month like an even $500 or $1000 while making interest on top of interest for 25-30 yrs but I’m not seeing that as an option unless I’m just mad lost. :dwillhuh:

And yea I’m cool with the long run ups and downs. Seems like long as I keep putting in and don’t take out for 30 yrs, the overall market will be good to me and I can cash out a nice amount just in time to party the rest of my :flabbynsick: days away :blessed:
heres an article I found that looked interesting.

The Link Between Mutual Funds and Compound Interest

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I didnt see the burgerfi one on M1 but see this one. Looks like its a fairly young stock. You think it'll stay around the $40 level at least until NBA returns next month? Looks like it was pretty stable in 2019 during nfl season. If it can break past $40 it might have potential.

Don't look at anything pre-April 2020. That wasn't DKNG.. that was DEAC which later merged with Draftkings to become "DKNG"

From April 2020 to Current it has grown from $20-$40+ range. I think it stays around this range for NBA/MLB because I believe the return of those sports are priced in.

But it reacts well to news. Many analysts think it can get to $50 by end of July. We'll see.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Which index fund do you have? :jbhmm:

Do you invest a set amount or do you buy shares of it like a stock?

Well I was investing a set amount up until I got laid off in April and switched my IRA over to Fidelity. Had to get all new funds. I just purchased a set amount on some funds and hopefully once I get back to consistent income I'll put money in again. I was putting a set amount each week to the overall balance and had a distribution breakdown on my old broker but I don't know how fidelity does theres. Looks like I might have to manage my own deposits. Heres a list of what I got now per recommendations on here and other sites from Google searching. I invested anywhere from 1k to 4k in these. Theres different varieties based on what I had at the time. All of them are in the green. Only red on that account is the 3 individual stocks I decided to get on there which is barely a few percentages of the account and IDEX already made up for its loss in the after hours.

BSCFX
FBIOX
FCNTX
FDCPX
FMSDX
FPURX
FSCSX
FSDIX
FSELX
FSPGX
FXAIX
FZIPX
FZROX
PGTAX
POGAX
USNQX

I only about a month in with these but was investing in my 401k since I was 21. Definitely adds up.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Well I was investing a set amount up until I got laid off in April and switched my IRA over to Fidelity. Had to get all new funds. I just purchased a set amount on some funds and hopefully once I get back to consistent income I'll put money in again. I was putting a set amount each week to the overall balance and had a distribution breakdown on my old broker but I don't know how fidelity does theres. Looks like I might have to manage my own deposits. Heres a list of what I got now per recommendations on here and other sites from Google searching. I invested anywhere from 1k to 4k in these. Theres different varieties based on what I had at the time. All of them are in the green. Only red on that account is the 3 individual stocks I decided to get on there which is barely a few percentages of the account and IDEX already made up for its loss in the after hours.

BSCFX
FBIOX
FCNTX
FDCPX
FMSDX
FPURX
FSCSX
FSDIX
FSELX
FSPGX
FXAIX
FZIPX
FZROX
PGTAX
POGAX
USNQX

I only about a month in with these but was investing in my 401k since I was 21. Definitely adds up.
If I could do 21 all over again :wow:

I'd work 3-4 jobs, live at home, drive a crappy car, fukk traveling, fukk clothes, fukk clubbing, fukk @Serious relationships, invest 90% of my income,then I'd set as fukk by the time i reach 30......

It's cool though I should be straight, on my grind by the time i reach 31.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
If I could do 21 all over again :wow:

I'd work 3-4 jobs, live at home, drive a crappy car, fukk traveling, fukk clothes, fukk clubbing, fukk @Serious relationships, invest 90% of my income,then I'd set as fukk by the time i reach 30......

It's cool though I should be straight, on my grind by the time i reach 31.

Same here breh. Made plenty of dumb money decisions in my early twenties. Too much gambling instead of investing. Plus not educating myself and wasting years at a worthless retail job. Thankful for what it gave me but could've done better. Still its never too late to start investing and saving for the future. Luckily I was able to save thru the years and always had a high interest savings account that helped grow my money as well as my 401k. Feel Like I'm at a midway point now and I need to keep building up more these next 15 years like I did the last 15. Definitely more opportunites to make money now than back then. We just gotta find and get it.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps

BSCFX
FBIOX
FCNTX
FDCPX
FMSDX
FPURX
FSCSX
FSDIX
FSELX
FSPGX
FXAIX
FZIPX
FZROX
PGTAX
POGAX
USNQX

Not sure if I’m being clear but I want to know if I got the idea of index funds correct. I just buy shares of whatever index fund I want to invest in and just don’t take anything out/sell for a set period of time?