Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm here to talk about long term holds if anyone is interested. I dropped DKNG said it's a buy when it was around 20 and I dropped RTX as a buy when it was 50. I'm holding both.

It's not too late for those. There could also be some pullback.

Livongo is another I'm interested in but haven't pulled the trigger.

Later tonight I will drop my watchlist for growth stocks

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
i agree with the latest post, too much penny stock talk so ive been having to scroll through months back to find value posting about mid to aggressive growth stocks and good index funds to invest in but to each his own

decent day today and all these are blue chip stocks and tech ETFs
profit-6-22
zH3RpDj

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Looking at M1 and gotta see how I want to play this.

I see this sample pie:
M1 Finance - Free Automated Investing

Which looks to be ultra aggressive with a 28% 5 year growth. My original plan was to split FAANG into 20% each and just let it be. Unless there are other large companies like those that will be better. Maybe Tesla? I feel like I can just stick with funds on my Fidelity IRA and use this for large company stocks at a percentage. I feel FAANG will give me decent long term growth tho.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
indexing will get you 12% return. go look up 3 fund portfolio. it's called lazy portfolio. i used to do that. 50 domestic / 25 foreign / 25% bonds.

go look up compounding interest too. go find a compounding calculator. check the difference between $ when you invest for 20 years vs. 25 years vs. 30 years. shyt is crazy.

here is an example at 10% return

financial-wellness-compound-interest-2.jpg

study this graph carefully. you will understand the power of compounding interest.

so the reason i mentioned 2-3mil is that i'm assuming my return to be 15% which is more than doable if you pick a right stock. and instead of $3000 like the above graph, you invest $6000 ($500 monthly)

you can be safe and do 3 fund portfolio for your 401k or IRA. if you do 3 fund portfolio for over 20 years it's pretty much guaranteed that you will beat the market. but it only makes sense if you do it long term. if not, build your own mutual fund. it's not a rocket science. there's so many damn good info out there that it's practically fool proof.

I still have more research to do but I have done some research. Just want to make sure I have it right.

3 fund portfolio means I basically invest in 3 different index funds: a domestic, international, and a bond one?

I can do all of this on TDA or am I safer doing this on Fidelity? :jbhmm:

Also, that chart doesn’t make sense. Why would the first shorty only have to invest for 11 years and the other one would have to invest for like 30? :dwillhuh:

There is literally no difference except their ages. Why does the one who starts investing $3k per year at age 24 only have to do it till she’s 35 and just kick back and invest nothing then collect over 1 mill when she’ll 65, meanwhile the other one begins investing the same exact amount at the age of 35 but for some reason not only has to invest for 3x the amount of time, but gets half what the first girl got?

I appreciate the info breh :salute:

Confused bout that chart but all in all this is some valuable info. :wow:

Last edited:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
I'm here to talk about long term holds if anyone is interested. I dropped DKNG said it's a buy when it was around 20 and I dropped RTX as a buy when it was 50. I'm holding both.

It's not too late for those. There could also be some pullback.

Livongo is another I'm interested in but haven't pulled the trigger.

Later tonight I will drop my watchlist for growth stocks
I think you should create a thread for long term holds.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
GNUS at $2.56 right now. Worth jumping in or is it going to continue falling?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I still have more research to do but I have done some research. Just want to make sure I have it right.

3 fund portfolio means I basically invest in 3 different index funds: a domestic, international, and a bond one?

I can do all of this on TDA or am I safer doing this on Fidelity? :jbhmm:

Also, that chart doesn’t make sense. Why would the first shorty only have to invest for 11 years and the other one would have to invest for like 30? :dwillhuh:

There is literally no difference except their ages. Why does the one who starts investing $3k per year at age 24 only have to do it till she’s 35 and just kick back and invest nothing then collect over 1 mill when she’ll 65, meanwhile the other one begins investing the same exact amount at the age of 35 but for some reason not only has to invest for 3x the amount of time, but gets half what the first girl got?

I appreciate the info breh :salute:

Confused bout that chart but all in all this is some valuable info. :wow:
10 years of compound interest which is basically exponential growth.