Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

morris

Superstar
Daps
when is EBON getting listed? i don't see it anywhere

i sold some xpsa last week at a relatively substantial loss, but kept alot of shares just in case. in my mind, it's a long term winner if airports/airlines want to keep people flying regularly.
EBON should be listed some time this week. Doubt it will rocket in a week and I have not checked enough on their financials and LTS (long-term strategy)

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
:salute:

that's how you accumulate wealth breh. penny stocks are dangerous. it sure ain't for everyone. the best way to make $$$ is to invest in a good company that won't go bankrupt. and keep it as long as you can. it's that simple.

I plan on investing in an index fund after I’m done researching enough to know what exactly it is I’m doing.

Im still kinda confused actually, so every month I buy $500-1000 worth of shares of a stock that somehow has shares of major stocks and as those stocks go up, my 500-1000 per month somehow turns into a couple million in 25-30 yrs?

I feel like I’m missing something

But that’s my real long play anyway

No clue why y’all so against us messing with penny stocks and how that automatically means we don’t care about the long term

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
does anyone know what a wash sale notification is:francis:

it appeared under my fidelity account when i sold multiple shares of qualcomm & ring :hhh:
means you sold that stock at a loss, and then tried to buy it again. if you sell at a loss, you cant buy again for another 30 days. IRS rules

just don't buy any of those for another 30 days :yeshrug:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
No one is talking subliminal shots, if you feeling some type of way, too bad. Most of us have dabbled on both sides, throwing out the idea of making another investing thread ain’t a shot, it’s taking the temperature to see if there is enough interest. We don’t have just one music or movie thread on here, why just have one investing thread?

Those were definitely shots and you’re the one who feel some type of way, throwing bricks and hiding your hands :stopitslime:

What’s stopping you from making the thread?

means you sold that stock at a loss, and then tried to buy it again. if you sell at a loss, you cant buy again for another 30 days. IRS rules

:ohhh:

That applies all across the stock market?

If u sell a stock at a loss, you cannot buy it again for 30 days?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Those were definitely shots and you’re the one who feel some type of way, throwing bricks and hiding your hands :stopitslime:

What’s stopping you from making the thread?

:ohhh:

That applies all across the stock market?

If u sell a stock at a loss, you cannot buy it again for 30 days?
Well I was seeing if there is interest given 80% of posts here are about pennies as of the last two months...and again, how is it shots when I too have done pennies. Stfu

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV

but i literally sold my shyt at a profit and it shows in my realized gains under the tax forms- ima have to call fidelity :wow:

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Without bias, I put in the indicators I've recently looked for when trying to pick potential buys and SINT made it through, albeit on the lower side. I don't think it factors in the COVID news, so this could be a runner, especially if it reaches retail traders.

IDEX is a joy at the moment, once it hits 3 will have to monitor if it has real legs but hopefully you got in at a good price.

*SINT* (Really like but might get pricey right out the gate)
*FRSX* (Better value buy in than SINT)
*HTGM* (Solid)
*LLIT* (Riskiest IMO)

I hold all except HTGM, full transparency

FRSX might be leaving the station today brehs

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
I plan on investing in an index fund after I’m done researching enough to know what exactly it is I’m doing.

Im still kinda confused actually, so every month I buy $500-1000 worth of shares of a stock that somehow has shares of major stocks and as those stocks go up, my 500-1000 per month somehow turns into a couple million in 25-30 yrs?

I feel like I’m missing something

But that’s my real long play anyway

No clue why y’all so against us messing with penny stocks and how that automatically means we don’t care about the long term

indexing will get you 12% return. go look up 3 fund portfolio. it's called lazy portfolio. i used to do that. 50 domestic / 25 foreign / 25% bonds.

go look up compounding interest too. go find a compounding calculator. check the difference between $ when you invest for 20 years vs. 25 years vs. 30 years. shyt is crazy.

here is an example at 10% return

financial-wellness-compound-interest-2.jpg

study this graph carefully. you will understand the power of compounding interest.

so the reason i mentioned 2-3mil is that i'm assuming my return to be 15% which is more than doable if you pick a right stock. and instead of $3000 like the above graph, you invest $6000 ($500 monthly)

you can be safe and do 3 fund portfolio for your 401k or IRA. if you do 3 fund portfolio for over 20 years it's pretty much guaranteed that you will beat the market. but it only makes sense if you do it long term. if not, build your own mutual fund. it's not a rocket science. there's so many damn good info out there that it's practically fool proof.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
nikkas dont want no 7 seasons of drama. they just want quick 2 hour action packed movie. :wow:

anyway i get that nikkas are predicting 2nd crash, so they keep trading in and out of long term stocks. but it's really hard to time the market.

and this is exactly why every nikkas need to have m1 account. so they can invest in a good company and keep adding money to it to build position. build your own ETF, don't pay stiff price(expense ratio) and be your own hedge fund manager.

and these nikkas need to keep your penny trading under 15% of your portfolio. it ain't worth it unless you really are committed to learn the game.

Yeah I feel ya on that. I got my retirement IRA that has about 56k on it. Moving it to fidelity was the smartest choice I've made so far. And maybe 53.5k or so are straight funds. Only reason I got stocks in it is now mostly cuz of idex and two others, cuz I got more money to invest in that account and am already up from before the March crash thanks to GNUS. But I still got 16 different funds to make long term and dividend growth on. I mess with pennies cuz they're cheap and can get me some good gains but still have the stability of index funds at my disposal. My roth is over 3k right now and I had just about 1200 maybe a month and a half ago. So these stocks have definitely been helping. I just funded my M1 account but need to research what stocks to get. I'm a risk taker, fukk playing it safe. My money management can play it safe for me. Besides the money invested in pennies is way less than the one I have in crypto. Hopefully I can use this penny money and move up to higher stocks tho. I'm happy with any green I see.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Well I was seeing if there is interest given 80% of posts here are about pennies as of the last two months...and again, how is it shots when I too have done pennies. Stfu

I thought we weren’t allowed to talk like this in here? :gucci:

You telling me to shut the fukk up when I didn’t even disrespect you should have you banned from this part of the forum :camby:

And you big mad :umad: