Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Boeing CEO had more of an impact on airlines than Buffett did. The day Buffet came out the airlines saw a decline and then bounced back later that afternoon.

Nobody cared. Now the Boeing CEO comes out and airlines are hitting all time lows. So tell me which one had more of an impact?
You are focused on one day. One day in the scale of the stock market is irrelevant for a long term investor.

Buffett had been selling way before that day, and let folks know way before that day that he trimmed his position. Anyone who knows Buffett knew he was really getting out right then and there, he doesn’t halfway sell. And the stock was dropping.

At the end of the day. Delta is lower than it was 1 month ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago , 1 year ago, 5 years ago, 7 years ago. The same could be said for the etf JETS.

And airlines are starting to go bankrupt all over the world.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Actually I made money swing trading AAL and SAVE (and obviously Boeing) so I've been focused on this the whole time. But now I'm out on airlines. I don't see a reason to get back into it at the moment until I see a signal
Even though you took my quote out of context, I can respect that:salute:Nothin wrong with playing the bounce. Im talking long term investing.:ehh:
When more of the airlines go bankrupt I think folks will see why Buffett bounced.:ehh:

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
VTIQ holders this critical to understand

VTIQ = Share of VectoIQ common Stock
VTIQW = Warrant to purchase one share of VectoIQ common Stock
VTIQU = Unit of VectoIQ which represents ownership of one common share and one warrant to purchase VectoIQ common stock

15. If I have 1,000 VectoIQ warrants, will I have the right to buy 1,000 shares of NKLA stock at $11.50?
Yes. The warrants that trade under the ticker VTIQW will remain outstanding following the transaction and trade under a new ticker, NKLAW. Each warrant has a 5 year exercise period from the closing date of the transaction and is exercisable into one share at an $11.50 exercise price.

Nikola Corp | Investors | Resources

Say you sell off all your VTIQ stock. You can get back in with VTIQW at a lower cost. It is currently trading at 10.48 vs VTIQ at 28.xx.

VTIQW would give you the option to buy a future stock of VTIQ aka Nikola at $11.50. Meaning through this way you could get shares of VTIQ at VTIQW +11.25. This could be a smart strategy if the price of VTIQW stays low close to merger time. You would have 5 years to excretes the option to buy

@The_Sheff
@MaxBundles
Good looking. I got VTIQ and its performing well. Gonna add VTIQW 2mm

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hate this logic. What if they have ulterior motive? These big investors only care about they money. They not giving any information out that doesn’t help them in some way.

Its not "logic" per say, but look in here for yourself, the scoffing Ive seen being done at Buffett, the guy who has 100 billy locked and loaded, the self made billionaire, is crazy.
Some do, some dont. Like Ackman who shorted the shyt out of the market, then went on the news and did his best leonardo dicaprio panic acting class lmao.

But guys like Charlie Munger and Buffett, are blunt, ESPECIALLY Munger. His yes is yes and his no is no.

These airlines aren't going bankrupt for no reason, I feel like if folks feel like Buffett is wrong in airlines, go put 100% of you money with margin into one and see what happens :yeshrug: