Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's company specific so far. Netflix beat estimates huge, they went way up and then their was a mass sell off.

In part because it had risen so much already and also because their future guidance wasnt what some wanted to hear.

But now it's goin up again.

Same thing with Dominos. They had massive earnings but were already at yearly highs.

Some think Amazon will drop some after earnings because it's run up so much.

I expect SHOP to act the same way as Netflix. It goes up big and then a mass sell off. I might get in on SHOP just to quick flip it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's taking some discipline to stop buying stocks but I plan to stick to it for the next several months. I'm thinking I might look into buying again in July-August or maybe even September. I just need some more distance from all the madness. I'm willing to take the gamble that I'll possibly be averaging up on positions at that point but I just don't think things play out as smoothly as the markets seem to think. When some of these Q2 earnings come out we'll see some of the damage.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It's taking some discipline to stop buying stocks but I plan to stick to it for the next several months. I'm thinking I might look into buying again in July-August or maybe even September. I just need some more distance from all the madness. I'm willing to take the gamble that I'll possibly be averaging up on positions at that point but I just don't think things play out as smoothly as the markets seem to think. When some of these Q2 earnings come out we'll see some of the damage.
:picard: you can hold out that long.

What's your portfolio looking like?

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps

I’m doing a mix of both. There are some stocks which have dropped and haven’t really recovered that I’m buying and holding. There’s are others which have recovered a decent amount for no real reason which I am avoiding.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:picard: you can hold out that long.

What's your portfolio looking like?
It's pretty small still. I just started it a year and a half ago so I got hammered on losses.
p4242020.jpg

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
so what you plan to do with this info? What’s your strategy?

day trade. Buy into companies that shouldn't be as affected by the virus, and more than likely have benefited and sell them when they increase throughout the day. This chart actually helps more because I can see what to buy the day before (or even a few days before), if I want, and that won't count against me as a day trade selling it the next day.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
day trade. Buy into companies that shouldn't be as affected by the virus, and more than likely have benefited and sell them when they increase throughout the day. This chart actually helps more because I can see what to buy the day before (or even a few days before), if I want, and that won't count against me as a day trade selling it the next day.
Trading off earnings is chaos. Stocks don't often behave the way they should. Also given the environment we're it it might be better to hold off. At best sell before the earnings are released on the possible run up.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Trading off earnings is chaos. Stocks don't often behave the way they should. Also given the environment we're it it might be better to hold off. At best sell before the earnings are released on the possible run up.
I'm holding JTBL until may 7th (earnings report), they def might not make it out this situation without declaring BK.