Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Will Europe just jump ahead of the US in EV investment?

This Trump/post Coronavirus era is going to leave an opportunity for Europe to just lead on issues without America.
EV investment is meaningless if you aren't getting the electricity from clean sources. Also the process to create the batteries is pretty dirty too from what I hear. EVs are something that sound nice in theory but in reality aren't as nice as they sound.

For people like me the math on owning a Tesla is staggering. If I bought a Tesla I'd never break even on it. I drive a company vehicle to and at work. I put less than 6000 miles a year on my personal car. If I paid $50K for a car instead of the $18K I paid even with not putting fuel in it I'd never get back the extra money spent.

Tesla has no product for people like me that just drive a car for leisure. They probably never will. Not everybody needs a $50K luxury car that self drives. Many people just need a car to get them from point A to B a few times a week.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
EV investment is meaningless if you aren't getting the electricity from clean sources. Also the process to create the batteries is pretty dirty too from what I hear. EVs are something that sound nice in theory but in reality aren't as nice as they sound.

For people like me the math on owning a Tesla is staggering. If I bought a Tesla I'd never break even on it. I drive a company vehicle to and at work. I put less than 6000 miles a year on my personal car. If I paid $50K for a car instead of the $18K I paid even with not putting fuel in it I'd never get back the extra money spent.

Tesla has no product for people like me that just drive a car for leisure. They probably never will. Not everybody needs a $50K luxury car that self drives. Many people just need a car to get them from point A to B a few times a week.

i guarantee Tesla will have something small in 25-30k range breh.
Tesla Planning Something Smaller Than Model 3

668864.jpg

something like that would sell like hotcake in japan and many european countries. remember tesla looks small, but it's huge inside. on top of that tesla has 'frunk' which is a major advantage.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I would probably buy more of “ELF” look out for that stock.

also analysts saying BA could drop to 122 next week with expectations of a huge rise 1-2 weeks later.
Been looking at ELF hoes need makeup in a recession regardless but might skip the high price shyt and go with elf

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Expect pump and dumps

so how do ya usually move if this happens? Ya sell if you guys are invested in one of these stocks when you see a sudden big increase that you guys like and dump it till it goes back low? You guys don’t but at all during this moment until it’s dumped?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
so how do ya usually move if this happens? Ya sell if you guys are invested in one of these stocks when you see a sudden big increase that you guys like and dump it till it goes back low? You guys don’t but at all during this moment until it’s dumped?
I may oversimplified my original reply. Pump and dumps are only one aspect of what happens during the earnings report.

For example, the bulls in here will be pumping and dumping.

But when considering dumping a stock, its not a one size fits all. The earnings report, really a way to gauge how a company is doing.

We're all curious as to how companies are handling their finances, especially with the country at a standstill. So basically "investors"(us) are looking for red flags to jump ship. It varies from company to company. It also varies regarding how much you belief in the vision or product of a company.

Here's a article you should read though.
Why Company Earnings Matter, and How They Can Make You Money

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
A day trader for instance sees that let’s say 3M reports are good

they over did the expected earnings

so they will than buy a bunch of shares ride it a little as it goes up than dump the shares the same day

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
im new to this so what does this mean?
These are the days those companies will report how much business they did in the first quarter of 2020.

Typically a if company beats earnings expectations they go up. If they don't they go down. (This doesn't always happen).

Currently, with the rona if companies miss earnings but not by a lot they go up. If they exceed earnings by a lot they rocket up. However, some companies have beat earnings and still gone down. Their results didn't match the hype