Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Tesla ONLY focuses on electric cars. not only that they are so far ahead of in the game in full self driving technology. and they got the $ do it. other manufacturers will ALWAYS be behind in the game because they have to sell ICE cars to survive and they can't just go all in on electric.

and just like Apple, Tesla is a first mover and the brand loyalty is a cult like. That's what Tesla is becoming. you talk to any Tesla owners and they are just like Apple followers. it's a cult. They are brand loyal as fuk.

and Tesla is clearly ahead of the competition.

Tesla is absolutely is heading to dominate the field breh. Battery and self driving.

Tesla-Model-3-sales-luxury-car-competition.png

it's a wrap breh.

Just in the US 17 million cars were sold last year. Tesla sold about 2-2.5% of all US cars and that's their global numbers against just US numbers. 77 million cars were sold world wide. Tesla hasn't even sold 500K. They don't even presently sell 1% of all cars.

I'm not saying they can't dominate the whole car market. I'm saying they dominate a niche market. Sure will electric cars be the future. As it stands today that day is a long way off. Our electric grid nationally couldn't withstand everyone driving electric cars so that day is probably a few decades away. There is a lot that can happen between that day and today.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Tesla sold 367,500 cars in 2019. GM sold 7.7 million. Tesla dominated a niche market right now. it's not guaranteed to scale. I'm not saying it won't or it will I'm saying that isn't guaranteed. Tesla is more like Robinhood to me. Fidelity and Schwab aren't out of business because Robinhood exist and disrupted the industry. They all still exist.

Tesla is what Apple was around 2006 breh. Tesla is premium brand breh. model 3 average transaction is 50k. so you can't just compare it to GM. only reason GM is selling alot is because they have so much offerings and they've penetrated every part of the world.

and many say Tesla isn't just an auto company. it's an energy company. and you basically have to treat Tesla like big 4 tech companies because that's kind of global impact Tesla will have within next 3-5 years.

and in the auto industry nobody really think highly of GM even though they are always top 3 in sales. GM selling shyt ton of cars yet their market cap is only 31 bil. why? because they are perceived as a dull company who makes dull ass cars that inspires nobody. GM/fords are perceived as a dinosaur. alot of them are fleets too.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Just in the US 17 million cars were sold last year. Tesla sold about 2-2.5% of all US cars and that's their global numbers against just US numbers. 77 million cars were sold world wide. Tesla hasn't even sold 500K. They don't even presently sell 1% of all cars.

I'm not saying they can't dominate the whole car market. I'm saying they dominate a niche market. Sure will electric cars be the future. As it stands today that day is a long way off. Our electric grid nationally couldn't withstand everyone driving electric cars so that day is probably a few decades away. There is a lot that can happen between that day and today.

you are like me 4 years ago breh. I too once thought Tesla is just a niche. it makes sense because they dont even put a dent in the big picture when it comes to sales.

but just look around. EV is not going anywhere and there's no turning back. Global warming is for real. Climate change is real. And just look at Tesla's growth every year since they started selling cars in 2012. it's remarkable. their supercharging network alone makes them so far ahead of the competition.

Global-Electric-Vehicle-Market_-Historical-Sales-Numbers-and-Growth-Trend-2013-2018-1.png

37628986-15718984633719559_origin.png

Again Tesla right now is what Apple was in 2006. Model Y is their iPhone and it just started to sell. Soon it will be one of the top selling SUV in America.

and these 'niche' models may not be a volume seller, but they sure will create more cult fans.

cybertruck-900x450.jpg

tesla-semi-1-e1539187374903.jpg

tesla-roadster-live-from-grand-basel.jpg

I fully expect Tesla to be top 5-10 most valuable company by 2025.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Tesla is what Apple was around 2006 breh. Tesla is premium brand breh. model 3 average transaction is 50k. so you can't just compare it to GM. only reason GM is selling alot is because they have so much offerings and they've penetrated every part of the world.

and many say Tesla isn't just an auto company. it's an energy company. and you basically have to treat Tesla like big 4 tech companies because that's kind of global impact Tesla will have within next 3-5 years.

and in the auto industry nobody really think highly of GM even though they are always top 3 in sales. GM selling shyt ton of cars yet their market cap is only 31 bil. why? because they are perceived as a dull company who makes dull ass cars that inspires nobody. GM/fords are perceived as a dinosaur. alot of them are fleets too.
The market is pretty wide. To me Tesla is a luxury car brand. They often talk about making mass market cars but if you look at those cars you wouldn't want them. To get a model 3 that anybody would actually want you're looking at $50K. They talked about it being $35K but really it's not.

For Tesla to dominate the auto industry it's going to have to scale at a massive level. They aren't gonna go from selling under 400K cars a year to selling even 7.7 million in a year.

Also I wouldn't discount the Japanese car makers or even the Korean ones. The battle really has yet to begin for who will dominate that sector of the market when it becomes viable.

Lastly Apple doesn't dominate smartphones. Despite the fact that they invented the iPhone and were ahead of the competition at that time they in Q42019 sold 20% of all phones. Samsung who simply imitates Apple sold almost 19%. Apple has a price advantage where they charge more and make more on phones though.

Last edited:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
The market is pretty wide. To me Tesla is a luxury car brand. They often talk about making mass market cars but if you look at those cars you wouldn't want them. To get a model 3 that anybody would actually want you're looking at $50K. They talked about it being $35K but really it's not.

For Tesla to dominate the auto industry it's going to have to scale at a massive level. They aren't gonna go from selling under 400K cars a year to selling even 7.7 million in a year.

Also I wouldn't discount the Japanese car makers or even the Korean ones. The battle really has yet to begin for who will dominate that sector of the market when it becomes viable.

Tesla really isn't just a car company breh. depends on how you look at them they are an energy/tech company who happens to sell cars.

Tesla Is A Tech Company — Here's Why | CleanTechnica

“Tesla, however, has the most important issue fully right: Self-driving cars—which are key to new levels of safety, efficiency, and convenience—are the future of the industry. And they require massive amounts of computing performance.” —NVIDIA

Also Tesla ain't selling cars in volume because they just dont have enough giga factory yet. they will continue to build and expand. and very soon they will make a model that is under 30k.

this projection by Ark is little too ridiculous, but still very interesting.

Tesla-price-target-scenarios_ARK-Invest.png

so even if they just become a high functioning EV company they are projecting $3400 a share. i would say its half that at $1700. that's still remarkable.

and this is one of the reason why it keeps creating cult followers. :shaq:

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Tesla really isn't just a car company breh. depends on how you look at them they are an energy/tech company who happens to sell cars.
Came in here to say this. People also forget about the charging stations. Even when other car companies start making EV's on a larger scale they will need to charge the cars and Tesla already has that infrastructure set up. Every car company isn't going to create their own charging stations they will just use existing ones.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Came in here to say this. People also forget about the charging stations. Even when other car companies start making EV's on a larger scale they will need to charge the cars and Tesla already has that infrastructure set up. Every car company isn't going to create their own charging stations they will just use existing ones.
No they’ll partner together and build their own charging stations.

Tesla is a car company that has other divisions. Take cars away from Tesla and what if any real value is left?

The run up on their stock has been absurd. People just wanna get in on the next big thing and ran that stock up to insane levels.

I think they’re day is pretty far out. I don’t think our electric grid can support everyone driving electric cars. If doubt it will be able to in the next decade.

Even when it does if energy isn’t coming from clean sources it’s likely not gonna save us much on pollution.

I get liking Tesla but people want them today to be the company they’ll likely be 15 years from now.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
No they’ll partner together and build their own charging stations.

Tesla is a car company that has other divisions. Take cars away from Tesla and what if any real value is left?

The run up on their stock has been absurd. People just wanna get in on the next big thing and ran that stock up to insane levels.

I think they’re day is pretty far out. I don’t think our electric grid can support everyone driving electric cars. If doubt it will be able to in the next decade.

Even when it does if energy isn’t coming from clean sources it’s likely not gonna save us much on pollution.

I get liking Tesla but people want them today to be the company they’ll likely be 15 years from now.
Will Europe just jump ahead of the US in EV investment?

This Trump/post Coronavirus era is going to leave an opportunity for Europe to just lead on issues without America.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would probably buy more of “ELF” look out for that stock.

also analysts saying BA could drop to 122 next week with expectations of a huge rise 1-2 weeks later.

I think I might jump on that ba info if it does go to 122. Maybe for a quick flip.