Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
a financial person told me signing up for too many CCs is bad and cancelling a CC is bad. i'm gonna apply for the card since this is the case.
It is for most people. If you close a credit card you're closing the credit history as well.

And having too many credit cards can make you look too risky and could make your score go down.

Also, store based credit cards are looked at worse than bank based credit cards.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@winb83 @the cac mamba how long did it take yall connect your bank account to your Fidelity.

I swear I setup a bank wire and an ET, yet still nothing.

I'm trying come up on these partial gains :noah:
as soon as your setup, you can buy the second after you hit "transfer"

the first time, cant remember. must have been a couple days

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I’m thinking Disney definitely gonna get hurt on the movie tip but maybe they could make them Disney Plus only like Netflix does

Disney+ should be the clear #2 worldwide and once all the marvel shows get going.. shhheeeiitt.

I'm not predicting they blow up like netflix because I believe netflix stock is overinflated but with movies, streaming, sports, parks, hulu, etc. I think disney should be good.

I'm looking at them getting to $200 once it's over. They were looking at a possible $175 before all this. Already reached $153.

They will be a force in entertainment for decades to come.

Short term gonna be rocky tho

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
as soon as your setup, you can buy the second after you hit "transfer"

the first time, cant remember. must have been a couple days
:francis: just got off the phone with the Fidelity. They said it'll take a couple days, because credit unions take a while to setup.

:lolbron: This really maybe a blessing in disguise, keeping me from doing something stupid:mjlit:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@winb83 @the cac mamba how long did it take yall connect your bank account to your Fidelity.

I swear I setup a bank wire and an ET, yet still nothing.

I'm trying come up on these partial gains :noah:
My SoFi took at least a week and a half to connect. Now that it’s connected if I send funds it’s instantly available to purchase with.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Am I too split on a total 2500 I have in Robinhood? VSTO takes up about 40 percent of the portfolio. Should I sell off the stuff like Delta which is only 15 shares?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thank you!

I just started on March 12th and all of y’all have been EXTREMELY helpful. I appreciate y’all :to:
Yeah a limit order is you telling the price you want the stock at. A market order is you saying buy it for whatever you can get it at. You have the option to set your own price so it’s good to always exercise it. The problem is set a limit order too low and you won’t buy it at all.

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i like how the boiler room has taken off over the past 30+ days :wow:
still havent bought sh*t since Feb 28th :snoop: when i picked up some AMD for $44.75 :ehh:

some names I have been eyeing thru all of this but feel like i missed out on a great entry point:
AAPL
AXP
BAC
DIS
FB
JPM
INTC
NKE
SQ
T
TWTR
UBER

most of these I already hold and wanted to add onto my existing position :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i like how the boiler room has taken off over the past 30+ days :wow:
still havent bought sh*t since Feb 28th :snoop: when i picked up some AMD for $44.75 :ehh:

some names I have been eyeing thru all of this but feel like i missed out on a great entry point:
AAPL
AXP
BAC
DIS
FB
JPM
INTC
NKE
SQ
T
TWTR
UBER

most of these I already hold and wanted to add onto my existing position :snoop:

I think the market has hit the lows but each of these companies will probably see some tough times through this so while you might not get the low lows, you might be able to improve your position.

And don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it hit those lows again we all would.