Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
One of my biggest problems is waiting for a stock to drop to a certain price and not pulling the gun when it's a already low. Then getting upset when it keeps going up then I gotta buy in at a higher price point then I orginally seen lol
:martin:
Gotta get out that habit lol
Set a target price. Example for me if Apple falls below $200 I would buy more. I don't really want anymore Apple stock right now as it's 14% of my total portfolio but to me that's such a value that I'd buy it. If Apple falls to $210 then goes back up I don't really care. It never hit my target.

You can't afford to be greedy when you don't know where things stand. I rode Uber all the way down from the low $40 till it was like $15. Over half my position of Uber (95) was purchased above $35 and much of it in the $39-$40 range. I set a personal goal to get 100 shares of Uber. I won't buy those last 5 shares unless they're below $20. My average cost of Uber is $30 right now.

A good idea is get the position built at what you feel is an acceptable value half way to your goal then worry about the price. It's better to average down than miss out.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Set a target price. Example for me if Apple falls below $200 I would buy more. I don't really want anymore Apple stock right now as it's 14% of my total portfolio but to me that's such a value that I'd buy it. If Apple falls to $210 then goes back up I don't really care. It never hit my target.

You can't afford to be greedy when you don't know where things stand. I rode Uber all the way down from the low $40 till it was like $15. Over half my position of Uber (95) was purchased above $35 and much of it in the $39-$40 range. I set a personal goal to get 100 shares of Uber. I won't buy those last 5 shares unless they're below $20. My average cost of Uber is $30 right now.

A good idea is get the position built at what you feel is an acceptable value half way to your goal then worry about the price. It's better to average down than miss out.

I'm averaging down uber and Disney if I get the chance, I'm keeping both long term

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i'm gonna sell JPM, BAC, WFC and RCL monday. thinking of dumping WYNN as well and maybe BA. i wanna unload all this into tesla, chipotle, salesforce or skyworks depending whichever has the best value.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Fidelity users
Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card - Fidelity
That's their 2% cash back card with a $150 bonus offer for spending $1500 in 90 days. That's 10% back in addition to the regular 2% back. $180 total which is a free share of a stock like Facebook.

Totally worth it. Where else are you gonna get that kinda money guaranteed return? I'm just gonna put all my regular spend on it for 3 months.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fidelity users
That's their 2% cash back card with a $150 bonus offer for spending $1500 in 90 days. That's 10% back in addition to the regular 2% back. $180 total which is a free share of a stock like Facebook.

Totally worth it. Where else are you gonna get that kinda money guaranteed return? I'm just gonna put all my regular spend on it for 3 months.
:ehh: might grab that

im not even spending 500 dollars a month in this fukkin lockdown :heh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:ehh: might grab that

im not even spending 500 dollars a month in this fukkin lockdown :heh:
My apartment lets us charge our rent on credit cards on the online portal. You have to pay a markup of the credit card fee which is closer to the 2% cashback meaning I'd still get the 10% bonus. 3 months of my rent alone would cover it.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Fidelity users

TDA have something similar with a 1.5% cash back and 10% bonus when you redeem it back to your account. i have 4 credit cards already and don't want too many because it can hurt your credit score but i want this for the 10% bonus:patrice:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
TDA have something similar with a 1.5% cash back and 10% bonus when you redeem it back to your account. i have 4 credit cards already and don't want too many because it can hurt your credit score but i want this for the 10% bonus:patrice:
I have many credit cards. Doesn't hurt me much.
fico.jpg

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I’m thinking Disney definitely gonna get hurt on the movie tip but maybe they could make them Disney Plus only like Netflix does