Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Was watching CALI stock for awhile. Was ready to buy 6,800 shares at $2.94, but hesitated. Some news pushed it up to a $6.87 high next day. I want to cry.

:to:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
the luck will come back. don't worry brotha.

I've been killing myself lately with so much lost money from these Chinese stocks.

Saw QUNR pull back to $29.49 and bought ahead of earnings report. Tanked to $24.77 and averaged down with a ton of shares. Was afraid at how much I put in, so sold at $25 something and took a few hundred bucks. Saw an upward trend, so bought back at $25 and sold at $26.50 (including my $29.49 shares) after a major firm set a $22 price target, thinking it was surely headed down. Lost a couple hundred. Up towards $28 today. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though before short sellers hit another Chinese company with book cooking allegations and tank it.

:lolbron:

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
some bull market news ....

Hugh Hendry Throws In The Bearish Towel: His Full Must-Read Letter
By Tyler Durden

Via Hugh Hendry's Eclectica Fund December 2013 Letter to investors,

What if I were to tell you I was turning more bullish? Is that something you might be interested in?

We are macro investors. That means that we are constantly exposed to the shifting sands that the world's increasingly powerful gaggle of central bankers - and the capital flows they encourage - impose on global financial markets. However we tend to stick to our big (and often bearish) views, something that means our performance comes with hot and cold spells. The most recent one – and it doesn't take a genius to see this – has been cold. It hasn't been as bad as it could have been for the simple reason that we make big bets when we are doing well and small bets when we aren't. We allocate increasing amounts of capital to winning trades and cut losing trades rapidly. We've been cutting a lot recently. The good news is that this has minimized our drawdown. The even better news is that our returns have improved lately; it looks as if we are entering a hot spell, and we have begun to re-allocate significantly more risk capital to our endeavors.

http://www.zerohedge.com/print/482294

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I've been killing myself lately with so much lost money from these Chinese stocks.

Saw QUNR pull back to $29.49 and bought ahead of earnings report. Tanked to $24.77 and averaged down with a ton of shares. Was afraid at how much I put in, so sold at $25 something and took a few hundred bucks. Saw an upward trend, so bought back at $25 and sold at $26.50 (including my $29.49 shares) after a major firm set a $22 price target, thinking it was surely headed down. Lost a couple hundred. Up towards $28 today. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though before short sellers hit another Chinese company with book cooking allegations and tank it.

:lolbron:

don't worry there's about a 100 chinese companies going to IPO this year. plenty of chances to speculate like this and find out they're not real companies.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
http://biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/20131209.html
^^this is a link to earnings announcements for companies...
@GoogleMe @Ill @Domingo Halliburton im not the best business student in the world but I want to read up on their earnings the second they release them. my question is
1. do you think this will give me the edge in day trading/swing trading
2. if so, where do i go to view their earnings and past earning reports?

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
@Shugg Ross I like this quote by PTJ: "The secret to being successful from a trading perspective is to have an indefatigable and an undying and unquenchable thirst for information and knowledge."

1. I don't think reading earnings reports alone will armor you with an information-edge over others. However, learning how to analyze financial statements, and more importantly, knowing what to look for is fundamental for a stock-picker. There are many who do not know how to read a financial statement. When you say day-trading, I assume you mean to day-trade the immediate price-reaction of an earnings report. Most listed stocks do not react to their e/r, but those that do should be noted. However, I do not recommend trading an earnings reaction intraday. It is too volatile and not worth the risk in most cases.

2. Earnings reports are disseminated through various mediums. A good place to look is the company's investor relations site. Also, the SEC maintains the EDGAR database which houses all filings of companies.

Last edited:

aliG

Pro
Daps
@Shugg Ross I like this quote by PTJ: "The secret to being successful from a trading perspective is to have an indefatigable and an undying and unquenchable thirst for information and knowledge."

1. I don't think reading earnings reports alone will armor you with an information-edge over others. However, learning how to analyze financial statements, and more importantly, knowing what to look for is fundamental for a stock-picker. There are many who do not know how to read a financial statement. When you say day-trading, I assume you mean to day-trade the immediate price-reaction of an earnings report. Most listed stocks do not react to their e/r, but those that do should be noted. However, I do not recommend trading an earnings reaction intraday. It is too volatile and not worth the risk in most cases.

2. Earnings reports are disseminated through various mediums. A good place to look is the company's investor relations site. Also, the SEC maintains the EDGAR database which houses all filings of companies.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
@Shugg Ross

so what do you suggest I look for? I was basically looking to see if there was growth each Q