Daps
Reppin
The Street

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
I would never recommend anyone to hire a financial advisor though. When I was young my mom gave 5k to a Merrill Lynch broker to test out the waters. That dude churned shyt out of my mom's account and pretty much lost half the money. Lesson learned.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
@GoogleMe @Domingo Halliburton
With this refund check im getting, if i had invested it yesterday in sonys stock, and sold it right now, in 1 day id have made 280 bucks (not including fees)
I know that may be small to yall, but to a louisiana nikka thats in college, its more than some people make in 1 check...I know this stock shyt is right for me, i can feel it:jawalrus:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@GoogleMe @Domingo Halliburton
With this refund check im getting, if i had invested it yesterday in sonys stock, and sold it right now, in 1 day id have made 280 bucks (not including fees)
I know that may be small to yall, but to a louisiana nikka thats in college, its more than some people make in 1 check...I know this stock shyt is right for me, i can feel it:jawalrus:

hey man any gains are good.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
http://stockcharts.com/ chart school is good study

http://learn.advfn.com/ this wouldn't hurt either

http://finviz.com/ this site is free and powerful

http://www.investopedia.com/ a lot of info here

WSJ, Bloomberg, Reuters, Marketwatch become acquainted with these news sites, always take with a grain of salt. There are some smart and dependable writers on each

This will get you into the mentality. It's up to you on how far you want to take your education.

Like PTJ said, you need to have an undying and unquenchable thirst for information and knowledge.
Any books you would recommend. I can't concentrate, as precisely and take notes the way I like on the computer. I like to mark things up and reemphasize important concepts.I don't have a printer either. And I can read a million times faster from a hardcopy

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Any books you would recommend. I can't concentrate, as precisely and take notes the way I like on the computer. I like to mark things up and reemphasize important concepts.I don't have a printer either. And I can read a million times faster from a hardcopy
Considered the bible of investing information for people just starting out
http://amzn.to/1dvetcF

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
@GoogleMe @Domingo Halliburton curious as to you guys opinions on apple stock..i see their 52 week highs are 594 and its nowhere near that

At the end of September, Icahn and his funds owned 3.8 million shares of AAPL
Considering how public he has been about his meetings with Tom Cook, I think we might see some headlines tomorrow. 3.8 million shares is less than 5% of Apple's outstanding shares, but he is (or was) a top 30 holder now.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street

Those are really informative sites and contain a lot of information that you may not find in books, so I would keep them in mind. What kind of market knowledge do you seek?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@GoogleMe @Domingo Halliburton curious as to you guys opinions on apple stock..i see their 52 week highs are 594 and its nowhere near that

I mean it was in the 700s last year. To be honest I don't see it moving much in the near term. However like googleme said this icahn guy has been killing it lately with every stock he's bought.

on one hand its a undervalued from a P/E basis. On the other it has the first or second biggest market cap in the world.

edit: if Icahn gets what he wants from apple ( and he has a lot of clout) with the buybacks and dividends I could easily see aapl going back to 700. However aapl has never really listened to wall st.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
noob trying to make some quick money on the side....

Not trying to be difficult, but once you accept that it is not easy I can help. Success doesn't come over night in the markets unless 1) you get lucky or 2) you earned it by putting in the work. Expecting quick gains means that you are susceptible to emotional decisions based on your need for gains. Read Trading in the zone by mark douglas. It's about psychology

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
I mean it was in the 700s last year. To be honest I don't see it moving much in the near term. However like googleme said this icahn guy has been killing it lately with every stock he's bought.

on one hand its a undervalued from a P/E basis. On the other it has the first or second biggest market cap in the world.

edit: if Icahn gets what he wants from apple ( and he has a lot of clout) with the buybacks and dividends I could easily see aapl going back to 700. However aapl has never really listened to wall st.
700...wow ..so if i bought 12 shares of stock now @ 528 and it shot up to 700, yo that really means i made a profit of 2064...right? Wow