Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
Plenty of sites you can trade on. Look around for the cheapest options for what you want to trade. Certain places are better for options vs stocks. If you're new, just keep it easy with Etrade.com or Scottstrade.com . TDAmeritrade has a great platform as well. Just look for one with low cost stock brokering.

By low cost stock brokering, do you mean penny stocks or the mandatory minimum needed to hold onto an account? I see ETrade is only 500.00

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
No, I mean the amount they charge you per transaction. Scottstrade is like $6 per trade ($6 when you buy, $6 when you sell). Etrade is around $10 per trade.

Thanks for your help. I opened up an account on Scottstrade. Did you ever use their simulator? I'm on it but it doesn't seem like it allows me to search for preferred stocks. I must not be looking at it correctly.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Thanks for your help. I opened up an account on Scottstrade. Did you ever use their simulator? I'm on it but it doesn't seem like it allows me to search for preferred stocks. I must not be looking at it correctly.

I use Etrade and Fidelity. Haven't ever used Scottstrade so I don't know much about it. Check out their FAQ's.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Apple iPhone sales 33.8M vs 32.8M estimate; iPads 14.1M vs. 14.3M estimate.; Macs 4.6M vs. 4.3M estimate

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
what's up with all these lawsuits against the company?
Those are because the stock dropped on sept 30 because of the FDA. Those firms are "ambulance chasers" and basically they just keep resubmitting the same press releases. If you google the firms involved, you will see that's all that they do, and they hardly win if ever. Those press releases are enough to chase away retail investors, meanwhile big money just keeps picking up millions of shares.
Nov 4 they report earnings, they are going to drop some bombshell news regarding one of their drugs, watch!
They been so cool for the last month they haven't even bothered releasing anything to spin the situation as the stock kept hitting new lows.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
They cancelled the trade :sadcam:
Achn is still going pop 4 soon..

On technicals, ACHN needs to hold 2.40 for mere speculation, and 3.00 (+ catalyst) for any type of swing trade.

ICYMI this 8-K from the 10th is not a friendly one.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1070336/000119312513396750/d609097d8k.htm

The complaint generally alleges that the Company and certain of its current and former officers violated Sections 10(b) and/or 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rule 10b-5 promulgated thereunder by making allegedly false and/or misleading statements, as well as failing to disclose allegedly material facts relating to sovaprevir, the Company’s clinical-stage drug candidate for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C viral infection, particularly that sovaprevir did not interact well with other drugs commonly administered to treat hepatitis and/or HIV and posed a health risk to patients.

Here's the actual Class-Action complaint filed in the U.S. District Court of Connecticut
http://securities.stanford.edu/1051/ACHN00_01/2013108_f01c_13CV01479.pdf

Transparency is key. In order to build credibility you need to be thorough with the details and implications of such events. Profits and percentages are all dandy, but risk is all that matters.