Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Shorting yelp at 68 before they bomb earnings Tuesday.
Directors couldn't unload stock fast enough coming into earnings last week
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=YELP Insider Transactions

:laugh:

Nice trade, and thanks for noting the insider transactions by Max Levchin (co-founder of Paypal). Although, he is on a 10b-5 plan so his transactions are automatic. They announced a secondary offering of $250M Class A Shares. You would expect this stock to be lower than where it's trading at. With current valuation + lower guidance + secondary announcement? YELP fits in perfectly with LNKD AMZN TSLA.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Nice trade, and thanks for noting the insider transactions by Max Levchin (co-founder of Paypal). Although, he is on a 10b-5 plan so his transactions are automatic. They announced a secondary offering of $250M Class A Shares. You would expect this stock to be lower than where it's trading at. With current valuation + lower guidance + secondary announcement? YELP fits in perfectly with LNKD AMZN TSLA.
As I said already in another post. They manipulated the stock to hit the sell price. Stock fell about 10% off that automatic sale In The days following.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
good time to hold FB equity but not options I dont think.

Impled Volatility is way to high, but you never know...a fella could get lucky.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Think about it. Or maybe it was a coincidence :stopitslime:

You didn't answer my question breh, but I guess I get what you're getting at, and I don't deny the possibility. Honestly I don't trust 10b5-1 plans, and believe there are many incidents of some abuse of it. All of these regulations enacted by the SEC are drafted by attorneys with incentives. This rule is intended to protect insiders from accusations of insider trading :skip:. Also, according to Wiki: "After Rule 10b5-1 was enacted, the SEC staff publicly took the position that canceling a planned trade made under the safe harbor does not constitute insider trading, even if the person was aware of the inside information when canceling the trade." :why: I could go on and on about 10b5-1 plans, but I will leave this here for anyone who wants to read more.

http://www.mofo.com/files/Uploads/Images/FAQ10b51.pdf