Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Anyone have any insight into why certain ETFs dont correlate perfectly with their inverses? Looking at TLT right now and its YTD return is -7.85%, yet TBT, which is 2x its inverse, has had a return of 18.63%. What causes that inefficiency?

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Anyone have any insight into why certain ETFs dont correlate perfectly with their inverses? Looking at TLT right now and its YTD return is -7.85%, yet TBT, which is 2x its inverse, has had a return of 18.63%. What causes that inefficiency?

Because TBT is ultrashort or 2x inverse of TLT. TBF is direct inverse of TLT.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Brehs Twitter is gonna be priced at 17-20

:lupe:

Will be putting about 10K into this stock.

Just wanted to update the board on my moves. I recently divested part of my investment in AMD. I had nearly 20k in there but cut that in half and diverted some funds into AMZN, 2 days ago. AMD is still a great purchase in my opinion, but given the recent drops i realized i had too much of my portfolio in AMD. I've also recently picked up some ALU on recent talks regarding a possible merger with NOK. If people had been listening to me regarding ALU last year, you would have realized nearly 400% gains. :whew:

I also recently added some TXRH(Texas Road House) and Carmax (KMX) based on recommnedation by the Motely Fool.

The holidays are coming up and it time to get paid. I recommend investing in strong retailers as well as tech if you want to take part in some of the holiday profit taking.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I'm gonna wait a couple months. I think it's gonna drop to 10

Twitter is no facebook breh. I will be buying twitter heavily, and will continue to buy even if it drops.

Twitter will be more important than AP, Reuters, and all other information services in due time breh.

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
picking up some more TTM and CRM ... would still sell if they they went below the sell points that said in my last posts....better to try to get back in later