Bobbi Althoff on the set of “Not Like Us” music video

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Drake literally went to every major city and even outside of this country and collabed n worked. nikka even got Spanish songs. If Drake never worked with any of these artists. Wouldn't he still be considered a vulture for not showing love and collabing? Put it like this. I don't fukk wit alot of shyt Drake does. But nikkas don't got this energy for Ye meanwhile he's violated FAR worse. And I mean FAR worse. Drake is a fukkin pop star to me. Not an emcee. Nothing more nothing less. He does pop star shyt.

Pre-beef nobody on this forum besides Drake stans would deny he was hopping trends and jacking styles. From Houston to Caribbean to grime to afrobeat to Atlanta. There's nothing wrong with working with other rappers but there's a difference when you are literally imitating and mocking other cultures. Breh even collecting relics from them lmao. The Pac ring, the Pharrell chain, asking Cam if he could wear his pink coat during the Apollo show...come on. Nobody consistently acts like this in rap. At least the UK/grime scene had the decency to catch feelings and stop fukking with him whereas everyone else is just happy to be shark bit.

Cole works with everybody now, from every city/scene. When he's on their tracks he still looks, acts, and raps like himself. You can show love (and even use some other slang) without trying to morph into something you're not.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Pre-beef nobody on this forum besides Drake stans would deny he was hopping trends and jacking styles. From Houston to Caribbean to grime to afrobeat to Atlanta. There's nothing wrong with working with other rappers but there's a difference when you are literally imitating and mocking other cultures. Breh even collecting relics from them lmao. The Pac ring, the Pharrell chain, asking Cam if he could wear his pink coat during the Apollo show...come on. Nobody consistently acts like this in rap. At least the UK/grime scene had the decency to catch feelings and stop fukking with him whereas everyone else is just happy to be shark bit.

Cole works with everybody now, from every city/scene. When he's on their tracks he still looks, acts, and raps like himself. You can show love (and even use some other slang) without trying to morph into something you're not.
I agree with this.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
You guys do realize Drake referenced her in Family Matters and has had issues with her since that shytty interview right. She's in the video as a troll to Drake, nothing more.
That's how I took it. Kendrick been trolling him the whole beef, using Taylor Swift's producer, etc.

Oh, I get it! Yall are re-iterating one of Drake's disses! Yikes. :mjlol:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I've been hearing about this music video for the past year. Is it actually gonna be a thing. Are we just gonna say anything in California is relating to the music video now?

also fukking lol if she's in there because of some sort of secret beef between her and Drake
it's only been 2 months.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Naw. It’s that the truth is she shouldn’t even be around…
shyt there’s a whole lot of folks who shouldn’t even be around. That’s what happens when we don’t own nor control shyt. That’s been an issue since 1619 if you really wanna go there.

I just find it funny how plenty of artists who ain't about shyt don’t get this level of scrutiny, but somehow the one artist whose actually promoting unity in the community, putting on folks from the community who truly define the culture and would never get this kind of attention from the mainstream, and you got nikkas writing whole think pieces and running to conclusions off a 10 second clip that the actual person being scrutinized is nowhere to be found on lol.

I could go on about how miserable and gullible this internet shyt has made us but that’s a whole nother rant.

I mean damn, nikka invited all of Compton, nothing but Black folks in the footage we’ve seen so far. But yall focused on some white broad who we don’t even know if she was invited by Kendrick, don’t even know if she’s in the video or not, shyt do we even know if that clip is from the day of the shoot?
:dead:

s@n

All Star
Daps

Fair, but you're describing the difference between a "pure" hip-hop/rap act, and a pop star. Drake is closer to Madonna than Cole is to Drake, in terms of desired reach/impact. Pop stars jack styles; that's what makes them popular (on a global scale)

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I been listening to kendrick since 07 when him and Jay rock dropped their mixtape

And it’s crazy over all these years I haven’t seen people in large numbers support KDot like this , but nikkas would constantly hype up drake ..

This shows u how not only how people in Hollywood but even these Drake listeners/dikk riders jump ship and hop on a wave..

Majority of people outside of California and who’s not into hip hop lyrical artist have never really listened to kendrick at all and just on the bandwagon…
I don’t even listen to Kendrick but this a got damn lie. He been one of the biggest rappers for around a decade now. Stop acting like you discovered some dope new artist & other folks are just now catching on :mjlol:

My ex favorite rapper in 14 was Kendrick & she been in Georgia her whole life