Bob Marley: One Love Biopic Starring Kingsley Ben-Adir & Lashana Lynch (Discussion Thread)

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Movie was straight, a solid 7 out of 10.

Echoing the same exact sentiment what everyone else has been saying really didn't like that the movie really focused on the last 2-3 years of his life.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This is a solid movie. The end felt rushed, feels like they could have fleshed out the script and characters a bit more. I think anyone who likes Bob's music will enjoy this movie. Not sure if we really learned much about the man tho.

Dude playing Bob was really good. Didn't look like him much but he did a really good job, dude has mad charisma. Girl playing Rita also killed it. Very good acting.

7.5/10

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Just came back from seeing this with my mum and Nan. Walked in expecting to hate it based on the reviews but it’s actually really good. I know people wanted a film about his whole life but focusing on the most pivot period of his career was a good move because the Smile Jamaica concert really was he start of Bob Marley’s ascension into superstardom.

The accents weren’t terrible except for the kids and the actors that played the young versions of Bob and Rita.

They did speed through the Exodus tour a bit too much for my liking but ultimately, I think the pacing of the film was good. I did find it surprising with how much they focused on the Rastafarian teaching. Was sure they didn’t wanna scare white folks

Lashana Lynch could get all my Christmas money :wow:

Daps
Movie was solid.

Acting, music and cinematography were on point. The issue was more about how limited in scope the film was...focusing on like 2 or 3 years of his life.

If Marley had a bunch of big-budget biopics like how we have 50-11 movies on WW2...I could understand doing a movie like One Love. There are a lot of people that don't really know his life story and I think they missed the mark. Should have been a 3 hr film that was chronological and got deeper into his background.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Updated numbers got it goin higher

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Bob Marley was a great white man.

quiet as kept, Eric Clapton said he liked Bob in part because he "had a white man's nose" and other facial features :mjpls:

it's hard to find the quote, it's out there, but it seems like it's been scrubbed from the Internet. :francis:

When I googled "what white musician said things about Bob Marley's facial features?" Clapton's name came up but I couldn't find the exact quote.

I remember reading about it years ago tho :yeshrug:

all that being said, Clapton has been known in the past to go on racist rants while drunk so I believe he said it.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
6/10

Felt uninspired and didnt really portray how much of a LEGEND this man became - whole movie felt kinda small.
How you gonna call the movie ONE LOVE and NOT have that song in the movie? the hell?
Oh and use Jamaican actors next time, as a Jamaican with many family members living in jamaica the accents were off to me.

Marley deserves a better film