Bob Marley: One Love Biopic Starring Kingsley Ben-Adir & Lashana Lynch (Discussion Thread)

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Would have loved to see more of his childhood and entry into music. I really enjoyed most of it though. Hope this inspires them to make another one. 8/10

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I just saw this; it was OK. It ended quickly, though; I think it could've been a little bit longer.

I think that Kingsley Ben-Adir did great as Bob. He nailed his charisma and personality. He was also solid as Malcolm X in One Night in Miami.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This movie was a mess! I can’t believe yall had me hyped for it. It didn’t even tell the true story. This was like some of his kids’ version of their recollections about him. They gutted his life and the actor playing him was so disconnected from Marley’s energy. I really hated it. 3/10 for me.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was a mess! I can’t believe yall had me hyped for it. It didn’t even tell the true story. This was like some of his kids’ version of their recollections about him. They gutted his life and the actor playing him was so disconnected from Marley’s energy. I really hated it. 3/10 for me.
I saw the trailer & was immediately out on it.Soon as I saw "Bob", I knew it was some bullshyt.Horrible casting choice imo.

Superstar
Daps
:manny:

I still want to buss all of my life essence into Lashana Lynch

1zExZuU.gif

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I mean, coming from a Jamaican family, it was good to see my culture and Rastafari on the big screen portraying the most influential and biggest legend we've ever had. I think dude did a decent job portraying Bob and Lashana Lynch did her thing.

However, it was too superficial. Certain things weren't explained. Even if it was a three hour movie, it still wouldn't have been enough. I knew they weren't gonna cover the CIA angle (which I REALLY wanted to see when they were making this movie) and many other things that should have been shown.

I enjoyed it for what it is, but it would have been better as a Netflix series.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Don't watch biopics for this reason

they tend to sand all the edges off, focus on one or two minor flaws, and present a fairly sanitized picture of someone, and have the most basic directing possible so it appeals to everyone.

Well said..

I was gonna come in and say the same. Its why I favor a good documentary with voices from oeople who were there.

They wiped he had other kids in this movie..lol.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The family was heavily involved with the making of the movie, so of course, it's going to present a kind of PR image. No hate from me, I just don't watch biopics. The last one I saw was maybe one of the worst movies I have ever seen, the Pac one in 2017.