Bob Marley: One Love Biopic Starring Kingsley Ben-Adir & Lashana Lynch (Discussion Thread)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'll write a review later (movie didn't start till 7:30pm and I'm tired) but it was ok. If I was to sum it up, alot great music but everything else was cut short. It really only focused on 2 years of his life.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Minor spoilers ahead. If you don't want know anything, don't read. I'm discussing the movie. Again, you have been warned.

Positive: Alot great cinematography. Camera angles, scenary (sp?).
Acting. Nobody really bad. The dude who plays Bob/Skip has good energy, smile (:dame: ), just has alot rizz ⏯️ . His wife is was ok. She thikk though. Her and Bob chemistry was ok.

Summary: Movie mainly revolves around 2 years of his life. They look very briefly at his childhood. But mainly it's about a pivotal time in Jamaica. Then how he blew up as a worldwide artist. And the making of his most important album. The best part to me is the music. Not a reggae fan it was really enjoyable vibing to his music. I knew some of the songs but I'm not a fan. Then some parts about his wife, his health, rule #4080 and the record biz.

Negative: I mean you get to know him somewhat but like I said this mainly about his music. He's a flawed individual but they don't focus on it as much. Yes, he had thots but they focused on that in a artistic way. Instead of showing him sleeping with a bunch of women. They try to cram a lot in 1h 47 min.

Accents- Some seemed authentic but most you can tell it's an American with a fake Jamaican accent

Bottom line: This ain't nothing to go rush to see. It's through Paramount so if you wanna be patient and wait on there, you'll be fine. It's not a bad movie but it's not great either. I just mainly like the music and cinematography.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
lol is jamaican
if you ain't born and raised in yard you ain't fully jamaican. A nikka named tosin? thats nigerian

my nikka raheem sterling is jamaican but these other uk brehs? Nah

I agree with you on this. If there was a Biopic on Chinua Achebe and the actor wasn't Igbo, I would feel some type of way about it

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Lashana Lynch tackles dream role as Rita Marley in "Bob Marley: One Love"​

CBS Mornings​

Feb 13, 2024
Celebrated for her dynamic performances, Lashana Lynch is set to portray Rita Marley in the eagerly awaited biopic "Bob Marley: One Love," produced by Paramount Pictures. This role promises to deliver a compelling portrayal of the music legend's life and legacy

============================
.will post my thoughts about the film clip from this segment later

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Just made it to my viewing of the movie (7:20pm est) I LITERALLY slid in here, I came in here with a big azz box of jerk chicken and cookies, security didn't check my ticket or what I brought in with me.
(To be fair it's a mall theater, they're okay if you bring in food here at this theater)

Movie hasn't started yet, but it's a nice handful of people here, we got some cacs sprinkled in here.
I'll check back after the movie.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Minor spoilers ahead. If you don't want know anything, don't read. I'm discussing the movie. Again, you have been warned.

Positive: Alot great cinematography. Camera angles, scenary (sp?).
Acting. Nobody really bad. The dude who plays Bob/Skip has good energy, smile (:dame: ), just has alot rizz ⏯️ . His wife is was ok. She thikk though. Her and Bob chemistry was ok.

Summary: Movie mainly revolves around 2 years of his life. They look very briefly at his childhood. But mainly it's about a pivotal time in Jamaica. Then how he blew up as a worldwide artist. And the making of his most important album. The best part to me is the music. Not a reggae fan it was really enjoyable vibing to his music. I knew some of the songs but I'm not a fan. Then some parts about his wife, his health, rule #4080 and the record biz.

Negative: I mean you get to know him somewhat but like I said this mainly about his music. He's a flawed individual but they don't focus on it as much. Yes, he had thots but they focused on that in a artistic way. Instead of showing him sleeping with a bunch of women. They try to cram a lot in 1h 47 min.

Accents- Some seemed authentic but most you can tell it's an American with a fake Jamaican accent

Bottom line: This ain't nothing to go rush to see. It's through Paramount so if you wanna be patient and wait on there, you'll be fine. It's not a bad movie but it's not great either. I just mainly like the music and cinematography.
I thought Lashana and dude playing Bob were English?