Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
It would have been dope if they played up Nucky's relationship with Jimmy this season too. I think the last scene would've been better if Nucky saw Jimmy before seeing Tommy shooting him. That's how I would've ended it, but that's me :manny:
that will always be my biggest gripe with this show, would of played perfectly with this season. they never touched on how him killing jimmy effected him and haunted him, they do it for one episode in season 3 and never again. so to have his son kill him was just :what:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
true...but 95% of Nucky Thompson's character was based off of this guy......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_L._Johnson

95? That's way too high. The only thing they have in common is first name Enoch, nickname Nucky and they where both treasurer of Atlantic city during prohibition. Nothing Steve Buchemi character went through on the show real life Nucky experienced. There was no Jimmy, no Margret, no Chalky, no Gillian. The real life Nucky wasn't as much of a gangster as Buchemi is. Just a crooked politican who didn't interact with the likes of Capone, luciano, Rothstein outside of the AC conference

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The message and overall theme of this season made sense and was pretty good. What Nucky did with Gillian was a decision that defined who he was and wanted to be. The whole shows theme was greed and that moment basically encapsulated it. Every character fit within the theme of greed. Jimmy, Capone, Lucky and crew, Kennedy, Margret etc etc. The wanting a quarter while having a nickel metaphor. Everything fit pretty well.

Saying all that, the execution was really bad. Re-introducing tommy seemed like something that they thought was clever but seemed forced as hell. I'm not gonna even go into the plot holes bc yall pretty much covered it already. I watched this show from day one and hate to see it go out like this. the first few season are still great and this won't ruin them for me. Still such a missed opportunity to be the GOAT show.
It's what happens when your forced seasons of stories into a shortened abbreviated season .