Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just started watching this series.... just wandering if yall still prefer the Robert De Niro version of Capone better?

giphy.gif

I do.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My nikka Jimmy ain't forgotten :damn::sadbron:

Like homie above me said. This is probably one of the biggest missed opportunities in the history of HBO since DEADWOOD. And at the same time one of the most under appreciated series ever. It needed two more full seasons and it would've gone down a classic. They should've never killed Jimmy off.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Brehs...

The show is truly something special. It was rushed near the end but like others have said, so the Blame should truly be placed on HBO.

Let's be honest though, legacy is the holy grail. Materialism is a consolation prize.

With that being said, Nucky not only deserved his fate, he deserved worse. He made a deal with the devil, not in exchange for his soul... but for an innocent girl's. Disgusting.

However, if you think about it, Gillian actually comes out ahead. How?

Well... Gillian at the end, actually had a legacy. That legacy carried her pain and exacted that suffering onto the man who caused it, Nucky.

Nucky died on a boardwalk that he once owned & lost and that same boardwalk will not remember him. And he is left without and children, any family and memory. He had no legacy.

That's the saddest part about Nucky.

EDIT: Damn, my late night posts on Samsung was riddled w/ Typos. Sorry.

:wow:

Last edited:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs...

The show is truly something special. It was rushed near the end but like others have said, so the Blanda should truly be placed on HBO.

Let's be honest though, legacy is the holy grail. Materialism is a consolation prize.

With that being said, Nucky deserved his fate, but worse. He made a deal with the devil, not in exchange for his soul... but for an innocent girl's. Disgusting.

However, if you think about it, Gillian actually comes out ahead. How?

Well... Gillian at the end, actually had a legacy. That legacy carried her pain and exactef that suffering onto the man who caused it, Nucky.

Nucky died on a boardwalk that lost and will not remember him. And he is left without and children, any family and memory. He had no legacy.

That's the saddest part about Nucky.

:wow:

Real talk my nikka. R.I.P. BOARDWALK EMPIRE. R.I.P. My nikka JIMMY DARMODY.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
A lot of ppl will hate but its amazing the full circle of that whole season and esp the final scene. The very start of Nucky rise to power being ended by the person most fukked over through his selfishness/greed. Yes almost everything was rushed (capone, Dr Narcisse, the commision forming, Nucky/Eli last encounter). And the Jimmy shyt was very corny and cliched, but they did the best considering how bad HBO fukked them over. You could tell they were on some really good shyt before they got the call that this season was the last

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It would have been dope if they played up Nucky's relationship with Jimmy this season too. I think the last scene would've been better if Nucky saw Jimmy before seeing Tommy shooting him. That's how I would've ended it, but that's me :manny:

Lets keep it real though...

2 decisions that made the final season unsatisfying.

1. HBO cutting it short.

2. Jimmy dying at the end of the season 2.

Its too bad Pitt had issues with the cast and crew. Because that story line should have lasted longer. I felt we needed Jimmy in the Gyp season as well. It could have saved some of that crazy shyt Gillian was doing as well. Her character was better when she hung in the background. You wondered about her motivations and how she operates. Less was more with her. Thats how it should have been for her until the final season.

The Penultimate season should have been Nucky killing Jimmy. Then the final season would have had much more weight to it. Gillian finally losing it over her son. And at the same time tutoring the grandson to be prepared get revenge on the man who set in motion her life struggles. fukk it, if you're going to have Tommy Darmody kill Nucky. Dont make it a damn "predictable twist" Let us see him being groomed to kill Nucky.