Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
thsi is my favorite show since the wire but that was such a hokey bullshyt ending. fukking kid would have no way of getting into contact with gillian and if he was so hellbent on killing nucky why didnt he do it when he was knocked out two episodes earlier!? im upset brehs.

And how did he leave Julia? Yeah Richard was out of the picture but Julia was very willing and capable of taking care of him. Did I miss an explanation or did these nikkas just insert another hole in this swiss cheese plot?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:smh: you folks were right. It was Tommy.....................I hated this finale.....overrall fianle season was weak and worst.

The characters and the fans deserved better........Actually, I couldn't blame the writers because they had to rush this shyt up with only f*cking 8 episodes...........I'm sure they already had an idea to with do with the 5th seasons because the problem with this season was that (from what I read last year) the producers wanted 2 seasons to end it and HBO said :camby: "you have 8 episodes. We're tight in budgets and the other shows are coming so you guys gotta go"........so I'm more blame, upset HBO than the writers but at the same time the writers should have done better than that.....seriously :pacspit: at HBO for real.

The fact that the kid was Tommy just pisses me off to think all Richard went through to give him a better life.

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
nucky never died in real life.. narcisse character in real life casper holstein was never executed in the streets

plus they could have played this out longer, with bringing in dutch schultz , bumpy johnson, madame st.clair..

i love HBO but this has to be the one show that they could have prolonged and ended it right

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It was predictable....but effective imo.

However, I didnt think he'd actually be killed. Just thought it would be a "Godfather 3 esque" kind of ending (ironic since that was considered awful)

Nucky gets capped, but survives. However, he's emotionally drained from that incident and haunted by the past.'

The Tommy Darmody angle COULD have worked....

if it wasnt so rushed.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Still enjoyed the show overall bc the quality of acting, characters and the way they worked historical events, people and places into the plot was dope.

This def had the potential to be something great but this rushed season, skipping 7 years and the somewhat predictable, cliche ending really fukked shyt up.

When I see Nucky walk into that room and Tommy is the "thief" they apprehended, I immediately looked at the time and went :comeon::beli::pacspit: bc I knew where they were going with it.

Even with all that, I'm sad this show is done y'all :mjcry:

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
And how did he leave Julia? Yeah Richard was out of the picture but Julia was very willing and capable of taking care of him. Did I miss an explanation or did these nikkas just insert another hole in this swiss cheese plot?
Thought about this too but maybe everything went to shyt for Julia and her drunk pops once Richard ain't show up in Wisconsin or wherever the fukk they went....Harrow sister wasn't gonna put them up forever without Richard showing up so who knows....

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Thought about this too but maybe everything went to shyt for Julia and her drunk pops once Richard ain't show up in Wisconsin or wherever the fukk they went....Harrow sister wasn't gonna put them up forever without Richard showing up so who knows....
Still though you gotta admit that that was a plot hole...plus the pops was terminal and only had a year to live as of the last season...ehh who knows.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
What about Nucky and Eli embracing after all those years :mjcry:
Nucky was one boring motherfukker, but i'm gonna miss him too :mjcry:

i'll be honest though..regarding the whole tommy darmody thing..if i wasn't on the boards it probably would have never crossed my mind..i'm too A.D.D.

same for how you dudes called the twist of dexter season 6