Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Daps
Nucky Thompson is NOT Nucky Johnson. People need to stop acting like he's a 100% real character. Nucky Johnson held the AC convention, they've pretty much confirmed that this didn't happen in BE's universe. He could absolutely get got. I think he dies.

I hate that they killed that trill ass Cuban so unceremoniously. He deserved better:beli:

Gillian's letter said Nuck did right by her, doesn't seem to fit with the 'he pimped her out' angle :patrice:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Nucky Thompson is NOT Nucky Johnson. People need to stop acting like he's a 100% real character. Nucky Johnson held the AC convention, they've pretty much confirmed that this didn't happen in BE's universe. He could absolutely get got. I think he dies.

I hate that they killed that trill ass Cuban so unceremoniously. He deserved better:beli:

Gillian's letter said Nuck did right by her, doesn't seem to fit with the 'he pimped her out' angle :patrice:

She's trying to get help. Gotta say what he wants to hear :manny:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
As much as Nucky been a fukking simp and sap ever since he killed Jimmy, I couldn't stand to see him humbled. But gotdammit Lucky was top notch in this episode. Seeing him be boss, was superb. But I hope somehow some way, nucky gets some sort of last laugh. He got to. It's how he is. He always comes out on top. Even at his lowest. Doyle finally gets his his. fukk em. Poor Cuban guy. I liked him.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is a good point. I've been thinking about this for a bit. The narrative we have all accepted is that Nucky pimped Gillian to get a ahead. Why bother with the flashbacks then? To drive home the point? Or maybe to reveal a different version of events.

Curtis Nightfish

▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
As much as Nucky been a fukking simp and sap ever since he killed Jimmy, I couldn't stand to see him humbled. But gotdammit Lucky was top notch in this episode. Seeing him be boss, was superb. But I hope somehow some way, nucky gets some sort of last laugh. He got to. It's how he is. He always comes out on top. Even at his lowest. Doyle finally gets his his. fukk em. Poor Cuban guy. I liked him.

I was kind of hoping for that too kind of how Chalky was able to get the last laugh on Narcisse. You could see that last line from Chalk shook the good doctor's foundation.

they still going at it:
TnAGvIy.jpg

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Meyer like "now you know how it feels :smugbiden:"

Thought that was cool....what was that season 2? Meyer never forgets.
can one of you remember what ep this happened in? i cant remember and would love to rewatch that scene

Meyer waited a decade to get revenge for that :lolbron:

Daps

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Nucky got straight violated. Should have gone out blasting. Luciano on straight demon status in this episode.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew it that boy wasn't Tommy and that's why I said, it's doesn't make sense to me at all. Joe Harper, he was a parallel of young Nucky, wanting to get ahead. And Nucky told him to "just get away from me.", who Nucky tries to discourage from following his path. Glad, they put pretty much put to bed the bullsh!t Tommy Darmody theory.

The stuff with the Commodore aka (Pedo) was even worse than I thought it would be in terms of Nucky handing Gillian over. Nucky actually sees with his own eyes the crying, wrecked figure of a young child who has been abused by the Commodore and he still feels like it will be worth it in the long run to put Gillian in a situation where he knows that it's wrong. We saw how uncomfortable he looked when he saw that girl and he was ultimately concerned with how he would be able to profit from the situation. Very sad..... :to:

The stuff with Ben Siegel had me :russ: and he stole the show, also wasn't terrible suspenseful considering we know he doesn't die at this point. He's also annoying in general :laugh:. Lucky is a boss :win:, outsmarted Nucky with the gangter shyt. Nucky underestimated Luciano.

I thought the moment where Nucky had to go down on his knees was hard. I actually winced but when I remembered that he'd done that to Lansky, it made it a little easier to accept so :salute: Meyer to remember that shyt what Nucky did to him so pay back is a b!tch. Lansky and Lucky were just several steps ahead of Nucky. At least he's still breathing... for now.

I guess Mickey Doyle, this is isn't his time, he finally got what he wanted but yet mess with the wrong real gangster, who is Lucky. had Lucky with :birdman: "SHUT THE F*CK UP" and put the bullet in his throat so :wow:

I don't know who the hell is casting for this show. The girl even nailed Gillian's diction to the letter. They done well job for casting young actors/actress to play young characters.

HBO is really pissed me off cause I remember hearing that one of the producers said they wanted two more years for the show. HBO was like f*ck this, they only get eight episodes. I wonder what would have happened if the show did have two years......the stories would have been better, we would get to see Arnold Rothstein got whacked, we would get to see, Lucky was forced by gunpoint into a limousine by three men and beaten, stabbed, and dumped into the woods in Staten Island, and left for dead, etc. A lot of stuff can happen with the two seasons. I'm really disappointed in HBO :pacspit:.

Daps
This is a good point. I've been thinking about this for a bit. The narrative we have all accepted is that Nucky pimped Gillian to get a ahead. Why bother with the flashbacks then? To drive home the point? Or maybe to reveal a different version of events.

The episode ends with Gillian having left the Thompson house...it's very possible that it didn't go down as we think it did. We only know what Gillian said happened, that may've been a half truth; we all know she's bat shyt crazy.

Is the scene where Gillian recalls meeting the commodore on youtube? Anyone know which episode it was? (Edit, it's season 2 episode 4)

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I knew it that boy wasn't Tommy and that's why I said, it's doesn't make sense to me at all. Joe Harper, he was a parallel of young Nucky, wanting to get ahead. And Nucky told him to "just get away from me.", who Nucky tries to discourage from following his path. Glad, they put pretty much put to bed the bullsh!t Tommy Darmody theory.

The stuff with the Commodore aka (Pedo) was even worse than I thought it would be in terms of Nucky handing Gillian over. Nucky actually sees with his own eyes the crying, wrecked figure of a young child who has been abused by the Commodore and he still feels like it will be worth it in the long run to put Gillian in a situation where he knows that it's wrong. We saw how uncomfortable he looked when he saw that girl and he was ultimately concerned with how he would be able to profit from the situation. Very sad..... :to:

The stuff with Ben Siegel had me :russ: and he stole the show, also wasn't terrible suspenseful considering we know he doesn't die at this point. He's also annoying in general :laugh:. Lucky is a boss :win:, outsmarted Nucky with the gangter shyt. Nucky underestimated Luciano.

I thought the moment where Nucky had to go down on his knees was hard. I actually winced but when I remembered that he'd done that to Lansky, it made it a little easier to accept so :salute: Meyer to remember that shyt what Nucky did to him so pay back is a b!tch. Lansky and Lucky were just several steps ahead of Nucky. At least he's still breathing... for now.

I guess Mickey Doyle, this is isn't his time, he finally got what he wanted but yet mess with the wrong real gangster, who is Lucky. had Lucky with :birdman: "SHUT THE F*CK UP" and put the bullet in his throat so :wow:

I don't know who the hell is casting for this show. The girl even nailed Gillian's diction to the letter. They done well job for casting young actors/actress to play young characters.

HBO is really pissed me off cause I remember hearing that one of the producers said they wanted two more years for the show. HBO was like f*ck this, they only get eight episodes. I wonder what would have happened if the show did have two years......the stories would have been better, we would get to see Arnold Rothstein got whacked, we would get to see, Lucky was forced by gunpoint into a limousine by three men and beaten, stabbed, and dumped into the woods in Staten Island, and left for dead, etc. A lot of stuff can happen with the two seasons. I'm really disappointed in HBO :pacspit:.

That's how he got the lazy eye and the name Lucky right? The changing of the guard aspect of this show was the best part. I'd love to have just a show/mini-series on Meyer and Lucky