Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they made nuck look like a punk real quick

I said that immediately too, but with him you could tell his life came before him. He's gone through way more hardships in life than Luciano, Lansky and their whole crew combined.

Nucky never tried to identify himself as a gangster per se, more as a businessman, contrary to Luciano and Lansky.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was one of the greatest episodes in the show's history. The way they started off the episode was piff with the national announcement. It made you feel as if you were around the dinner table in the 30s and that was the only type of media coverage available.

Nucky's wife seemed like a cool down chick, an actual female you can't blame someone would marry. No wonder 30+ years later he's still saddened over her death.

That cute girl played Gillian very well. That initial scene with her and Nuck in his office was done so good. He tells her about his life and when he asks she says, "It's rude to ask personal questions". She couldn't bare herself to let him know what's up:mjcry:, little did she know that her life would change forever very shortly after by that same man :sadcam:. On a side note, I wish they showed the flashbacks much earlier, maybe a few seasons back, or maybe season 1, just to have both past and present stories hit each other at the same time.

Bugsy :pachaha:... the girl's husband came at the man asking for an autograph and shyt not knowing homie just smashed his wife:blessed:. And his wife comes out talking about how Bugsy aint no big deal and when her man's complaining about being shot, she just punks him off.... the evilness:wow:. "IT'S MY GIRL'S p*ssy":mjlol:.

When Archie and Mickey got shot down
f4c8659d_30w4ld5.gif

MICKEY CAME THIS FAR.... HE HAD ONLY 1 MORE EPISODE TO GO:damn:... Archie kept it real from the jump:salute:

When the guns got drawn Nucky was running around with his hands in the air like a substitute teacher who can't control a class... "STOP, JUST EVERYBODY, STOP!"
1199838.gif

Bugsy got mad cocky again when he was back on Luciano's side :ufdup:"KILL EM ALL, KILL EM ALL"

When Nucky's assistant came, you could tell it reminded him of the moment when he made the critical choice of choosing the life he did. He didn't want him to take the same path so he gave him a grand, "Go be a plumber or a bookkeeper or the president.". The exact opposite of The Wire when Mike didnt wanna be in the game and Bodie was like, "fukk you wanna go to school for? What chu wanna be? Astronaut? Dentist? Paid lawyer, nikka? :russ:"

Nucky would've told him the same exact thing... 30 years earlier.

Later when he gets the envelope, the name on the back was "Nellie Bly", the same character from the book Gillian read to Nucky when she was a kid. The only book she ever owned.

""Show me the same kindness now that you once showed an orphan girl, there is forgiveness for everyone""

And ending it with that innocent, vulnerable girl on a windy boardwalk staring at us.

"Please help me"

9aocv7.jpg

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man somebody post that gif of Ox from Belly standing up and giving that ovation lol That's how I felt about this episode.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
lol i think its poetic....because he always played his role and survived in the end and the moment he finally made it...boom! i guess he just wasnt meant to be in power

I thought he was trying to switch sides last minute. Lucky just wasn't having it. Looked like he was on some, I'll run AC for you guys.

And for everyone thinking that kid was Tommy, kid was like 4 or 5 in season 4, making him 12 now. No way that kid could be tommy. He looks at least 16

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
At first I was like "wow why'd they kill Doyle at this point? He and Nucky had a lil moment earlier. They're just killing for the sake of it now, it's cheesy"...but either way it wouldn't have mattered because Luciano/lansky were taking over Atlantic city anyway & would've killed Doyle regardless.

The Cuban guy being introduced at all was kinda silly to me and the way he died was a lil cheesy but whatever. I guess his whole purpose was to eventually kidnap bugsy.

And in the finale's preview when bugsy's like "what are we gonna do about our friend?" & they make you think it's Nucky...I guarantee it's dr narcisse they're talking about killing in public.

Capone goes to prison, Luciano/lansky start the commission, and Nucky will continue to be humbled like he was last night & will see that Eli is all he's got. Maybe he ends up with Margaret but he won't be completely broke cuz she'll hustle him some money thru her stocks job. And he'll save Gillian to redeem himself a bit...the end, amen, goodbye...thanks for nothin.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought he was trying to switch sides last minute. Lucky just wasn't having it. Looked like he was on some, I'll run AC for you guys.

And for everyone thinking that kid was Tommy, kid was like 4 or 5 in season 4, making him 12 now. No way that kid could be tommy. He looks at least 16

Exactly doyle was an opportunist that joined wuteva side was winning but lucky and em knew the deal. Wasnt he originally with them and A.R back in season 1? That nikka a dyck riding fakkit he love the attention

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the purpose of introducing Joe Harper if he isn't Tommy Darmody? The character makes zero sense to me.
He's young Nucky, doing whatever he could to get on, even if it mean doing some dark shyt.

Nucky wouldn't let him do it though, gave him cash and told him to do something legit with his life.