Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's young Nucky, doing whatever he could to get on, even if it mean doing some dark shyt.

Nucky wouldn't let him do it though, gave him cash and told him to do something legit with his life.

But we've already seen that through season 1 Jimmy and season 4 Will. We know that Nucky isn't willing to accept a gangster mentee to carry on his legacy and takeover like Torrio, Rothstein etc are. This wasn't some big reveal that Nucky would try and dissuade a young kid from pursuing a life of crime.

I'm not doubting that you are right, I'm just saying it's all a pretty pointless exercise. Better than him turning out to be Tommy, but still pretty useless.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'd love to see a TV show about the mob building up Las Vegas. Godfather Part II touched on it, but I'd love to see it full blast.

It'll never happen though :mjcry:
Mob city from frank darabont, had shane from walking dead, ed burns played bugsy. Only last one season, tnt cancelled it. Came out last year.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But we've already seen that through season 1 Jimmy and season 4 Will. We know that Nucky isn't willing to accept a gangster mentee to carry on his legacy and takeover like Torrio, Rothstein etc are. This wasn't some big reveal that Nucky would try and dissuade a young kid from pursuing a life of crime.

I'm not doubting that you are right, I'm just saying it's all a pretty pointless exercise. Better than him turning out to be Tommy, but still pretty useless.
Eh, for all the "dissuading" he did to Jimmy, he still went to him to handle his dirty work. Jimmy was the result of Nucky's original sin, he was born into that shyt. His pops was the Commodore, his mom was a 10 year old girl Nuck pimped and Nucky was his father figure. Jimmy was doomed from the start, his head was fukked up after running to the war because he fukked his mom who was corrupted by Nuck's actions.

The difference between Joe and Will/Jimmy is that like Nucky, he had no connections to the game.

Like Nuck, he was a poor kid, that was simply trying to provide for his family. This isn't him trying to follow in his father's footsteps or a kid trying to claim what he's been told is his.

This is a good, quiet kid who is trying to make it following down the wrong path.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
what a horrible ending to a pretty great episode.
just do the normal voiceover and show Gillian instead of all those layered voices and quick cuts...shyt was stupid and had no place in this show.

other than that :banderas:

another good piece of casting with the young Gillian.
i liked the shot of Meyer and Charlie when they took the bag off Eli's son.
Mickey finally getting it.
the way they punked Nucky at the trade.
not sure how i feel that Eli was the one that killed Maranzano.
seems like Torrio's done...they insinuated that he's not needed anymore.
Al's over and E. Ness is about to get all the credit over the undercover that got the ledger.

...and last but not least, young Bugsy the show stealer :blessed:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Don't know why he's so revered here even the character he played I am struggling to recall what was so great about Shane, :mindblown:

Seriously. I watch TWD, but the acting on that show is atrocious. In terms of acting, Carol, Michonne and The Governor are the only people on that show who I can take seriously. Dude who played Shane was by far the worst actor on that show. I think the only reason people big up the actor is because they like the character for whatever reason.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Bugsy :russ:, man he stole the show this ep every scene was great from him.

RIP to that cuban goon who put in more work than the Owen in little time, Doyle finally dead :lolbron:. Just when he was about to become a boss aswell :mjlol:, he realised Lucky was about to take the club and tried to bargain :ufdup:. We all knew his big mouth would get him killed eventually.

Nucky though :snoop:, smh you really going to throw in the towel like that and not even negotiate to keep your organisation :dahell:.

They killed Maranzano like Julius Caesar :damn:, looks like Lucky and Lansky are ready to throw Torrio in the bushes.

great ep :banderas:, this Gillian shyt better not ruin the finale and thank god that kid isnt Tommy, i still have a feeling he might be though :patrice:

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
what a horrible ending to a pretty great episode.
just do the normal voiceover and show Gillian instead of all those layered voices and quick cuts...shyt was stupid and had no place in this show.

other than that :banderas:

another good piece of casting with the young Gillian.
i liked the shot of Meyer and Charlie when they took the bag off Eli's son.
Mickey finally getting it.
the way they punked Nucky at the trade.
not sure how i feel that Eli was the one that killed Maranzano.
seems like Torrio's done...they insinuated that he's not needed anymore.
Al's over and E. Ness is about to get all the credit over the undercover that got the ledger.

...and last but not least, young Bugsy the show stealer :blessed:
I agree with your first point about the cuts with the voice overs. I gotta see who directed this episode again because it felt a bit much like a Broadway play to often with some of the camera shots & other little things...too over the top for me, personally.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Mickey almost made it to the end. He had to go and stooge it up one last time :mjcry:
eli-micky-doyle-boardwalk-empire-shea-whigham1.gif

word is thats how he got killed in real life

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
So much subtext in this show....

I didnt realize how important Gillian was. I use to view her scenes as filler.

But man....Nucky is directly responsible for how her life turned out and for Jimmy being who he was. (which we already knew....but seeing the flashbacks just nail it for me.)

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nuck on bending knees:ufdup:, watching Luciano and Lansky:smugdraper: ascend from Boys II Men:youngsabo: Bugs, a wild fukkboi:heh: Hyena Dole finally get a slug in the throat:ehh: I could smell Eli thru the TV:wtf: Maranzano got shank and splatter - Ceasar Style:whew: Those gangland clips was a great opening:whoo: Too bad Gillian's backstory took up most of the time:beli: Final ep, better go out with a BANG:patrice: