Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You are a borderline illiterate, so I'm going to assume you missed the part of my post that talked about Gillian filling his head with thoughts of birthright. I'm not arguing it's feasible for Tommy to takeover, I'm arguing that someone as deluded and crazy as Gillian could make a poor orphan think it is.
while i truly believe they will do something like this.. it still makes no sense

how would she have tommy's address??

harrow came in blamming everybody and took him away.. they lived with that lady and her dad for a little and during that time, gillian was high out her mind.. she showed up a few times and got in trouble.. then got with that dude and got arrested..

only after that did harrow leave tommy with the girl, and ship them off to her sister's. gillian been locked up since.. so she'd have had to get the new farm address, known tommy was there, and be able to send the letters out to him (as if the hospital wasn't snatching them).

after that the lady and the sister, whoever got the mail, would have to be handing them to a young 5-15 year old tommy, without reading them first... and basically let her fill it up with this bullshyt... even if it was a fake name, what mom would give her kid letters from a stranger, detailing how his dad was killed, telling him to go to NJ and be a kingpin?

that wouldn't add up at all... but at this point, this show would pull that shyt and i'd just be like :yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Van Alden: "WHY MUST THERE ALWAYS BE PANDEMONIUM" :wow:

The part that confused me about Chalky is why he "struck a deal" with Narcise...he knew when he was given the terms that Narcise would kill him so what incentive did Narcise have to follow through on allowing Daughter to preform wherever she wanted? :dwillhuh:
they alluded to that before he died.. the doctor said "just believe it"

meaning basically, she's gone now, for now she's alive, so temporally you got your wish... either way you gonna die... so you might as well die believing it all worked out for you and them

had he killed narcise on the spot, they ALL definitely would have died.. so it was basically a 1% chance vs a 0% chance... he took the 1% for the sake of his daughter.. he didn't want to SEE another die over his actions

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
another thing. chalky is a dummy. nuck told him to go to where his family lived, but instead he had to go fukk with dr. narcisse.
and then what??

they was already hating him for all his moves with the marriage of his daughter.. he cost her that

then him beefing with his son, cause he felt he was too proper.. and his wife downing him with no cooking his meals cause they was too ghetto

he was skipping family functions, CHEATING, and in a war

this war got his only daughter shot in the head and he been locked up for 7 years

now he's an escaped convict, no money, no power... like he said "what am i supposed to do, just show up on the doorstep like hi"

they probably hate that nikka and would turn him in... IF he made it that far.. IF he could find them

now why didn't he ask nucky for some men.. or ask for some money to hire some men.. he still had his name around town.. i'm sure someone who was getting 100% of the black vote a few years ago could muster up 10 dudes to ride to ny with him... especially with all the extra cake they'd get if they took over narcise shyt

guess he was just tired and said fukk it

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
There has to be a back story to why there rushed the end of this show

HBO suffers from that and horrible final episodes
Oddly enough, Cannavale might wind up being one of the primary reasons Boardwalk is ending its run after five seasons. Although there has been no official announcement yet, one of the prevailing theories as to why Winter and HBO came to such an amicable (and seemingly sudden) agreement on when to close out the show is that they are both eager to begin production on another period drama: The ’70s-set rock ‘n’ roll series Winter has cooked up with Boardwalk executive producer and Wolf of Wall Street director, Martin Scorsese, and producer Mick Jagger.

As reported, Cannavale has been linked to the lead role, in what was formerly titled History of Music, playing recording executive and lover of illicit things, Richie Finestra. With a leading man in negotiations, it’s understandable to think the project has become a primary concern for the network. At any rate, we’re awaiting information from HBO regarding the status of this program.

Without mentioning future plans, Winter had this to say about the decision to see his current series to the door:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the writer wants to start working on another show...a 70's rock and roll kind of joint on hbo. it actually sounds pretty cool, too bad dude is in such a rush to do it though.

:scusthov: that shyt gonna flop it's gonna be like there second category of shows they like to put, hail mary, shows shyt they pray people watch, main example :

Treme

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
and then what??

they was already hating him for all his moves with the marriage of his daughter.. he cost her that

then him beefing with his son, cause he felt he was too proper.. and his wife downing him with no cooking his meals cause they was too ghetto

he was skipping family functions, CHEATING, and in a war

this war got his only daughter shot in the head and he been locked up for 7 years

now he's an escaped convict, no money, no power... like he said "what am i supposed to do, just show up on the doorstep like hi"

they probably hate that nikka and would turn him in... IF he made it that far.. IF he could find them

now why didn't he ask nucky for some men.. or ask for some money to hire some men.. he still had his name around town.. i'm sure someone who was getting 100% of the black vote a few years ago could muster up 10 dudes to ride to ny with him... especially with all the extra cake they'd get if they took over narcise shyt

guess he was just tired and said fukk it

nucky was cool with chalky, but he wasn't going to give him some men so chalky could wage a personal vendetta against dr narcisse. especially if nucky has an impending war coming his way as well. plus nucky ain't helping ANYONE unless it can benefit him financially.

plus in the 30's, lets be reality. no white men are gonna take orders from chalky and do a hit on dr. narcisse. that shyt would NEVER happen just of GP alone. they were all racist as hell.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Yeah EP6 was pretty ridiculous. Really liked the Van Alden holier than thou fukk the world scene, was less happy about Chalkies demise :to:.

My only complaint about the 'young nucky' actor is his fukking exaggerated teeth. They look comically oversized for his body and don't look like what Buchemi has at all.

If those are his real teeth then :damn: & apologies on my end of but if they're for the role, it's way overdone

The Gillian stuff was interesting but honestly I don't give a shyt about her storyline at all :shaq2:

Oh yea FUKK HBO for ending this master piece prematurely...:pacspit:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm frustrated at cutting this show off by a whole god damn season... but why just 8 episodes for this final season?!?!?

:snoop:

If they could have just had 6 seasons, 12 episodes a season... they could have had almost a flawless show. It really is a shame. This could of been one of the GOATs.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That kid is 100% Tommy Darmody. He is going by Joe Harper; the name of Tom and Huck's best friend. It is an obvious alias. Also, who else would Gillian be writing to? I'm not saying I agree with this direction, I'm just saying that is clearly where they are going.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That kid is 100% Tommy Darmody. He is going by Joe Harper; the name of Tom and Huck's best friend. It is an obvious alias. Also, who else would Gillian be writing to? I'm not saying I agree with this direction, I'm just saying that is clearly where they are going.

Yo, so if thats lil Tommy you think he's just tryna get close to Nucky to ice him?:ohhh:

Did Tommy moms put the bug in his ear? :ohhh:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, so if thats lil Tommy you think he's just tryna get close to Nucky to ice him?:ohhh:

Did Tommy moms put the bug in his ear? :ohhh:

Looks like it to me, breh. I mean think about it. You are a poor orphan during the great depression and you start getting letters from a grandmother you barely remember. She is very persuasive. Convinces you were stolen from her after a gangster killed your father. Also, this same gangster pimped her out and took over the city from your real grandfather. Atlantic City is rightfully a commodore/darmody town, but this dude Nucky fukked your grandfather and killed your father to steal it from you.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Looks like it to me, breh. I mean think about it. You are a poor orphan during the great depression and you start getting letters from a grandmother you barely remember. She is very persuasive. Convinces you were stolen from her after a gangster killed your father. Also, this same gangster pimped her out and took over the city from your real grandfather. Atlantic City is rightfully a commodore/darmody town, but this dude Nucky fukked your grandfather and killed your father to steal it from you.
I cant front...
this season been kinda wack
but if this IS IN FACT how the shyt goes down in the end, I could def dig it.
Justice served

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Rightfully ? The commodore didn't marry her and like you just said she was pimped out to her rapist , so what claim does she have to anything in AC? She was a pawn , nothing more to Nucky and the Commodore . Now you saying the commodore was fukked out of his position like he wasn't pedo rapist and murder all along . And please explain how Tommy became an orphan and how Gillian found him from prison ? He was in Wisconsin with Harrow family so they gave him up? Kicked him out?