Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
You are a borderline illiterate, so I'm going to assume you missed the part of my post that talked about Gillian filling his head with thoughts of birthright. I'm not arguing it's feasible for Tommy to takeover, I'm arguing that someone as deluded and crazy as Gillian could make a poor orphan think it is.

i dunno why a basically homeless kid with his foot in the door would take career advice from some lady in the psych ward. even if he does remember her...why would he believe anything that crazy bytch is saying?

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
He got shot down while hearing daughter music in his head...granted we only hear one shot but the fact he supposedly got shot up by like 5 dudes while hearing shawty music, it wasn't quiet at all

Now what if he never got merked?? What if that one shot was a lil warning shot or something and Narcisse let him live? We never seen him actually get the hot ones so anything can be possible right? :to:

The writers are not that bold...that whole sequence is just dumb and insults the intelligence of the above-average viewer...

I think what they are showing is the black man ultimate is a fool

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dunno why a basically homeless kid with his foot in the door would take career advice from some lady in the psych ward. even if he does remember her...why would he believe anything that crazy bytch is saying?

If the theory that that kid is Tommy is true, he is obviously only there working in Nucky's organization at Gillian's urging. You really think that Tommy working for Nucky and Gillian writing secret letters from the psych ward are independent storylines that won't connect at any point?

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
no, obviously they would connect. but what i mentioned is just another reason that it'd be stupid and corny if that was tommy, which was my original point.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, obviously they would connect. but what i mentioned is just another reason that it'd be stupid and corny if that was tommy, which was my original point.

I agree with that. I think it would be stupid and lazy as well, I also think it's the direction they are going in, though.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another thing. chalky is a dummy. nuck told him to go to where his family lived, but instead he had to go fukk with dr. narcisse.
I'd say the chances of him making it to St. Louis with the feds chasing him were slim.

Even if he did make it to his family, you think they're just gonna take him in?

Wife: You cheated on me, got involved in some shyt that got our daughter killed then disappeared for 7 years and now you're back after escaping from prison with the feds chasing you :blessed:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say the chances of him making it to St. Louis with the feds chasing him were slim.

Wife: You cheated on me, got involved in some shyt that got our daughter killed then disappeared for 7 years and now you're back after escaping from prison with the feds chasing you demanding hop'n john :blessed:

fixed

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The part that confused me about Chalky is why he "struck a deal" with Narcise...he knew when he was given the terms that Narcise would kill him so what incentive did Narcise have to follow through on allowing Daughter to preform wherever she wanted? :dwillhuh:
:manny:

None. But what was the alternative?

Chalky kills Narcisse in that room, Narcisse's goons come in and kill Chalky, Daughter and the little girl.

Like Narcisse told him, tell yourself they'll be alright. Chalky at least died believing he did something to redeem himself for the shyt that got Maebelle killed.

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
You are a borderline illiterate, so I'm going to assume you missed the part of my post that talked about Gillian filling his head with thoughts of birthright. I'm not arguing it's feasible for Tommy to takeover, I'm arguing that someone as deluded and crazy as Gillian could make a poor orphan think it is.
Since when is Tommy a poor orphan when Harrow set him nice with that lady and her father, he was in a caring home.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
The part that confused me about Chalky is why he "struck a deal" with Narcise...he knew when he was given the terms that Narcise would kill him so what incentive did Narcise have to follow through on allowing Daughter to preform wherever she wanted? :dwillhuh:

That was a suicide mission and Chalky knew it.

He lost everything and had nothing to live for. He knew he wasn't walking out of there alive, he just wanted Narcisse to join him

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps

Wife: You cheated on me, got involved in some shyt that got our daughter killed then disappeared for 7 years and now you're back after escaping from prison with the feds chasing you :blessed:
I think he would have an excellent chance to make it to St. Louis , it's 1931 , they have no internet or faxes of him all over the place, no hotline to call . It's the era of the headline crooks like Bonnie and Clyde and baby face Nelson . This is a black man, they not going to pour resources into his capture, Albert could be Albert White in St Louis , he could ask Nuck for 2K and be fine out there until he got settled or Nucky could have put him on a boat to Cuba to watch his interests there. Those days the Usa is not sending agents to capture him. Bottom line Chalky let Daughter kill him. He could have hid in a closet taken Dr and the kid hostage until he could get out the cathouse . Could have ransomed the Dr to Lucky or just shot him when he was clear and alone with him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He got shot down while hearing daughter music in his head...granted we only hear one shot but the fact he supposedly got shot up by like 5 dudes while hearing shawty music, it wasn't quiet at all

Now what if he never got merked?? What if that one shot was a lil warning shot or something and Narcisse let him live? We never seen him actually get the hot ones so anything can be possible right? :to:

Nah. There was no outro music...Only the needle skipping......He dead bruh

• Dap
Reactions: HHR
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The writers are not that bold...that whole sequence is just dumb and insults the intelligence of the above-average viewer...

I think what they are showing is the black man ultimate is a fool

Nah. That's not it at all....If daughter was childless, none of this would have happened. The guilt of his first baby girl dying indirectly because of him made him sacrifice himself for his latest(Althea)

Chalky was jammed up anyway. He kind of went on a suicide mission but daughter and the baby through a monkey wrench in it all....I don't think the ending did his character justice, but I don't think the writers were trying to paint him as stupid, at least not on purpose..........I think they wanted to make him look noble....:manny: