Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rightfully ? The commodore didn't marry her and like you just said she was pimped out to her rapist , so what claim does she have to anything in AC? She was a pawn , nothing more to Nucky and the Commodore . Now you saying the commodore was fukked out of his position like he wasn't pedo rapist and murder all along . And please explain how Tommy became an orphan and how Gillian found him from prison ? He was in Wisconsin with Harrow family so they gave him up? Kicked him out?

Listen dummy, read what I write carefully and watch the show closely before you respond to me.

1. Gillian convinced Jimmy he had a right to AC. Why wouldn't she think the same thing about Tommy? It doesn't matter if she believes it or not.
2. I don't need to explain what happened to Tommy. Let's leave that to the writers. It shouldn't be too hard seeing how as he was last seen with a dying alcoholic and a single mother heading to the dustbowl 4 years before the great depression hit.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this show sticks to the history books when it comes to the real characters. once they announced the 7 year time change from season 4 to 5, it was a given that arnold rothstein was dead since that happened in 1928 and season 4 took place in 1923.
all these fukkin flashbacks but we couldnt do the ONE i wanted to see: rothstein gettin clapped :smh:

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Just thought of something , Nucky going to war with Lucky and Meyer seems like a lost cause well it isn't , Lucky over stepped his bounds now he has Joe on him as well, now Nucky being a far thinking vet could get another group on his team who being squeezed by Lucky and doesn't like. Kings only deal with kings so Nucky and Dr. N could do some real damage as a team. I got that feeling that's how the Dr will survive his war.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
nucky was cool with chalky, but he wasn't going to give him some men so chalky could wage a personal vendetta against dr narcisse. especially if nucky has an impending war coming his way as well. plus nucky ain't helping ANYONE unless it can benefit him financially.

plus in the 30's, lets be reality. no white men are gonna take orders from chalky and do a hit on dr. narcisse. that shyt would NEVER happen just of GP alone. they were all racist as hell.
Black men. Nucky gave him money. He could have took that money to the hood and got some guys. I'm sure his name still rang out there

Maybe not on previous levels. But with 2 gs in the 30s, I'm sure he could have found some men. shyt the dr had 6 damn dudes who weren't even on alert to look out for him. Same idiots who let white boys walk in with no pat down, hours after they warned him what's coming

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Chalky...I knew it was coming but it still hurts brehs...:sadbron:

I get why he accepted the deal, he was prepared to die hence why he didn't show up with some goons but he wasn't prepared to see ol girl and his daughter die along with him...They weren't supposed to be in that room...At the same time though I couldn't trust that snake ass nikka Narcise...I guess that slight chance he will let them live was worth it to him but to me dying not knowing is tough...

Anyways the kid is definitely Tommy, I didn't think so at first but after Nucky said I know who you are going on that rant outside the bar and they backtracked to Gillian's story I'm convinced...

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ooo last episode they showed deputy nuck look at a lil broad go into the commodore's spot so i think this flashback gonna show nucks 1st sin/betrayal in sending gillian to the boss all pedo'd up then using that shyt to getting the commodore to take that bid and let nuck become king.

That shyt goes back to their convo in season 1 where nuck said one of them had to go and commodore coming out to all to see his shyt been took

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Chalky...I knew it was coming but it still hurts brehs...:sadbron:

I get why he accepted the deal, he was prepared to die hence why he didn't show up with some goons but he wasn't prepared to see ol girl and his daughter die along with him...They weren't supposed to be in that room...At the same time though I couldn't trust that snake ass nikka Narcise...I guess that slight chance he will let them live was worth it to him but to me dying not knowing is tough...

Anyways the kid is definitely Tommy, I didn't think so at first but after Nucky said I know who you are going on that rant outside the bar and they backtracked to Gillian's story I'm convinced...

Yeah the writing is on the way with the Tommy shyt I didn't really think too much of the kid until I saw someone mention it during that episode he showed up.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Oddly enough, Cannavale might wind up being one of the primary reasons Boardwalk is ending its run after five seasons. Although there has been no official announcement yet, one of the prevailing theories as to why Winter and HBO came to such an amicable (and seemingly sudden) agreement on when to close out the show is that they are both eager to begin production on another period drama: The ’70s-set rock ‘n’ roll series Winter has cooked up with Boardwalk executive producer and Wolf of Wall Street director, Martin Scorsese, and producer Mick Jagger.

As reported, Cannavale has been linked to the lead role, in what was formerly titled History of Music, playing recording executive and lover of illicit things, Richie Finestra. With a leading man in negotiations, it’s understandable to think the project has become a primary concern for the network. At any rate, we’re awaiting information from HBO regarding the status of this program.

Without mentioning future plans, Winter had this to say about the decision to see his current series to the door:

I think this all ready to go breh they've been casting a lot of people for this during the summer.

Spin

All Star
Daps
Even with the series cancelled early, this will go down as one of my favorite shows ever. I like many was upset with the flashbacks taking up so much time this season, but I think they put everything in perspective.

This is a story of a man that really came from nothing and made the best of the cards he was dealt. Nucky isn't a over the top charismatic character like Al Capone. He wasn't polished like a Arnold Rothstein. He was normal almost to point of being boring. The casting choice of Steve Buscemi hammers the point home further as in many of his movies he played a loser/weasel type personality. On paper, he is one of the last actors that would come to mind if you just heard the premise of the show. Him being so "normal" like the average viewer makes him relatable even if we would rather see the Al Capone/Gotti type.

Nucky learned how the "real world" operates. One of his gifts was identifying mentors early(for better or worse) in the Commodore and Sheriff Lindsay. In today's time, having a mentor isn't really promoted. However, in the past a mentor or apprenticeship was accepted as the way to learn something. In Nucky's case it might of been a mix of legal and illegal, but it was still a process he went through.

There are obviously flaws with Nucky, but that is true of all of us. Nucky chose not to accept the life that was dealt to him, but to participate in the world and accept whatever consequence came with the path he chose. While he might not be as slick as a Joe Kennedy, he was ahead of 99.9% of his peers(referring to the Nucky of the show and not the real life version). However this show plays out, I think there was plenty of knowledge dropped to apply to our own personal lives.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really think if they have this kid really be Jimmy's son & he kills Nucky off the strength of letters from a woman who says she's his grandmother....then it would go down as the worse series finale ever.

I get the whole "faces change, but the game remains the same" but don't do no lame full circle shyt like this.

Meanwhile, Margot Bingham's fine ass talks about the last season of Boardwalk Empire & confirms that Daughter's daughter is Chalky's.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:what:

People clowning on Nucky being a sucker for love...meanwhile giving Chalky a pass?Dude ruined his whole game up over that yellow c*nt.

Suprised COLI hasn't gone in on him already.
low key did it for his daughter tho, kinda different.
by daughter i mean his child
:yeshrug:
i mean he still went out like a simp tho
but :yeshrug:
i dunno i just fukk wits chalky more than nucky

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Can someone sum up this season for me?

I'm following but have a few questions. Just want to tie up loose ends.

Thanks in advance

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
Meanwhile, Margot Bingham's fine ass talks about the last season of Boardwalk Empire & confirms that Daughter's daughter is Chalky's.

nozj90.gif

:whew: