Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm surprised at Chalky's following on here. That dude been making dumbass decisions for the longest. I had to stop fukcing with him when he flipped the major leverage he had with Nucky for a club where black folk shucking and jiving for whites :shaq2: then he throw his entire family in the family bushes for some random ass. His death was long overdue :dahellout:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm surprised at Chalky's following on here. That dude been making dumbass decisions for the longest. I had to stop fukcing with him when he flipped the major leverage he had with Nucky for a club where black folk shucking and jiving for whites :shaq2: then he throw his entire family in the family bushes for some random ass. His death was long overdue :dahellout:
it wasn't until season 4 that the writers starting messing up his motivations.
before that he was best written character in the show, had clear strengths(ran the black community, did right by his family, loyal)
even insecurities ( can't read or write, doesn't feel like he fits in with his upper class family but conflicted because he wants them that way.)
still had enemies, jealous cats, KKK etc but was very 3 dimensional.
then they fukked it up. wrote out his family, made his whole focus about revenge and lust, They didn't do anything about his hatred for kkk lynching his father, or his illiteracy for past two seasons.
no redemptive arc whatsoever, no clear motive for revenge,(i mean yeah the nikka lost everything but what was his plan? just kill narcisse then retire? take over narcisses empire?)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no redemptive arc whatsoever, no clear motive for revenge,(i mean yeah the nikka lost everything but what was his plan? just kill narcisse then retire? take over narcisses empire?)
I mean, messing with Narcisse led to his daughter's death. That's plenty of motive.

And I don't think Chalky had any belief that he was coming out of that room alive when he went in.

He had nothing left.

Last edited:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
it wasn't until season 4 that the writers starting messing up his motivations.
before that he was best written character in the show, had clear strengths(ran the black community, did right by his family, loyal)
even insecurities ( can't read or write, doesn't feel like he fits in with his upper class family but conflicted because he wants them that way.)
still had enemies, jealous cats, KKK etc but was very 3 dimensional.
then they fukked it up. wrote out his family, made his whole focus about revenge and lust, They didn't do anything about his hatred for kkk lynching his father, or his illiteracy for past two seasons.

adQIf6x.png
You're joking right? Did you not watch last season's final

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I mean, messing with Narcisse led to his daughter's death. That's pretty of motive.

And I don't think Chalky had any belief that he was coming out of that room alive when he went in.

He had nothing left.
If Chalky killed Narcisse, Daughter wouldn't be blackballed anymore. Chalky threw his life in the bushes for nothing. He could choked Narcisse out and left the room shooting.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Chalky killed Narcisse, Daughter wouldn't be blackballed anymore. Chalky threw his life in the bushes for nothing. He could choked Narcisse out and left the room shooting.
If Chalky killed Narcisse, Narcisse's goons come in and kill everybody in the room.

They're gonna think Daughter set Narcisse up.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
If Chalky killed Narcisse, Narcisse's goons come in and kill everybody in the room.

They're gonna think Daughter set Narcisse up.
Narcisse's goons was only loyal to that paycheck. Once they seen their boss was gone it wasn't shyt they could do. Maybe they shoot his ass up or maybe they don't. I don't think they kill the woman and the kid tho. Chalky should've went out shooting and Narcisse ruined his life, he should've took him out.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
one thing that I don't get tho...is why did hbo show chalky getting murked in the previews (anyone with common sense could tell it was him)...shows usually try to throw us off with shyt like this...

season has just been lazy.....i'm enjoying it...but god damn man...smh

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rightfully ? The commodore didn't marry her and like you just said she was pimped out to her rapist , so what claim does she have to anything in AC? She was a pawn , nothing more to Nucky and the Commodore . Now you saying the commodore was fukked out of his position like he wasn't pedo rapist and murder all along . And please explain how Tommy became an orphan and how Gillian found him from prison ? He was in Wisconsin with Harrow family so they gave him up? Kicked him out?
This.
And he just happened to be kicking it with the homeless when nucky was recruiting for workers? Seems like he had no real plan to infiltrate nucky organization or he would been more adamant then waiting around in the alleys

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nuckys gonna die brehs

and i will be :blessed:

that kid is tommy... look how he used a fake name from a novel just like old gillian did

the writers are trying to make nucky more sympathetic... but hes just too inconsistently written

killing jimmy and almost killiing eli is unforgivable in my eyes :pacspit:

and chalky went on a suicide mission plain and simple... helping out daughter was a bonus. but he fukked up his own life, he only had himself to blame... good ending for him.

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
nuckys gonna die brehs

and i will be :blessed:

that kid is tommy... look how he used a fake name from a novel just like old gillian did

the writers are trying to make nucky more sympathetic... but hes just too inconsistently written

killing jimmy and almost killiing eli is unforgivable in my eyes :pacspit:

and chalky went on a suicide mission plain and simple... helping out daughter was a bonus. but he fukked up his own life, he only had himself to blame... good ending for him.
Jimmy and Eli tried to kill him first, what was he supposed to do forgive them for disloyalty and murder . Remember St Jimmy dressed as klansmen in that first episode of season 2 and shot up Chalkys people and tried to kill him also while doing a Jax Teller and blaming someone else.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Jimmy and Eli tried to kill him first, what was he supposed to do forgive them for disloyalty and murder . Remember St Jimmy dressed as klansmen in that first episode of season 2 and shot up Chalkys people and tried to kill him also while doing a Jax Teller and blaming someone else.
jimmy n harrow killed n shot the kkk guys for attacking chalky

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

nah jimmy and commodore hiredthe klansmen cacs...

remember jimmy went back and had to ask who did it, so he could deliever them to chalky

nucky treated them like shyt though

this episode theyre showing knucky being conflicted about gillian, but then he hardly regrets killing jimmy? :pacspit:

eli was loyal in season 1 and got shot for it... knucky showed zero appreciation