Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What the bloody hell?! Two of the BEST characters killed in one night.

First, Van Alden and now my man, Chalky! I knew that Daughter bytch would be his downfall. I KNEW IT!!

:smh: Chalky :cape: Daughter ...... Chalky's last thought wasn't of his wife, son, or his daughter. It was of Daughter singing :snoop: but that scene I know Chalky's sacrifice was noble if you realize he was doing it for his daughter, not Daughter but :comeon: what if that kid wasn't his?.U gonna trust that hoe? but it was still so frustrating to see Chalky not get any kind of revenge.

The way the Gillian/Commodore story has previously been told to us was that she was just a random girl/street con who The Commodore spotted and directed Nucky to bring to him. Now that we know Nucky knew her from before that night and that in the past couple episodes we've seen him become aware of (or at least presume) The Commodore's pedophilia, I'm guessing we're going to see that Gillian being chosen by The Commodore was a bit less random. He's going to deliberately bring her to his attention in order to get in his favor.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i really hope it isnt Tommy

thats corny, too obvious and will hurt this show on rewatch

This. The actor playing Joe Harper (the helper kid) is Travis Tope and he is 22-23 years old... I suppose it is possible that he is playing extremely young - approximately 10 years younger- but that seems unlikely IMO. That is why I am having a hard time seeing him as being Tommy Darmody. Tommy D was born in late 1917/early 1918, so he would only be 13 years in 1931, just turning 14 at the oldest. Would they really cast a 22-23 year old to play a young teenager?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. The actor playing Joe Harper (the helper kid) is Travis Tope and he is 22-23 years old... I suppose it is possible that he is playing extremely young - approximately 10 years younger- but that seems unlikely IMO. That is why I am having a hard time seeing him as being Tommy Darmody. Tommy D was born in late 1917/early 1918, so he would only be 13 years in 1931, just turning 14 at the oldest. Would they really cast a 22-23 year old to play a young teenager?
Yeah, I'm hoping they're just throwing us off.

Last episode, Mickey was talking about when he was 10-11 he was robbing stores and shyt like that, so I thought that's who the kid Nucky was chasing until she said she was Gillian.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
this kid will prolly just be the one who nucky takes under his wing since this kid has no family. i also noticed he used the same line as young nucky used talking to the commodore. when asked what hes doing in atlantic city? he goes "just trying to get ahead." besides if tommy wanted to kill dude he could of done it when nucky was laying on the ground knocked out with no one around.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i hear ya but they do it all the time..always have like 32 year old white people playing high schoolers..especially those 80s flicks :dead:

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Since I am thinking ahead Nucky going to cause some havoc for Lucky to kidnap William , I mean I think going to do major damage to them where they have to go that route. Nucky is battle tested so I think whatever outcome happens his name will ring out forever since nobody got at him later in life.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this kid will prolly just be the one who nucky takes under his wing since this kid has no family. i also noticed he used the same line as young nucky used talking to the commodore. when asked what hes doing in atlantic city? he goes "just trying to get ahead." besides if tommy wanted to kill dude he could of done it when nucky was laying on the ground knocked out with no one around.

This.

Well according to history, Nucky is the one who helps sets up the first meeting of the commission so this little conflict won't last too long. Something is gonna happen where they broker a deal

Yeah, but that's the real Nucky Johnson & not the fictional Nucky Thompson. They completely skipped over the commission meeting with that time jump. I don't think you can broker a deal with folks who have tried to kill you repeatedly, maybe he'll just retire in the end but I don't think so.

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
I don't see Nucky just making peace and retiring

The whole promo before the season started was "No one goes quietly"

So far Masseria, Chalk n Van Alden haven't went quiet, so I see the same fate for Nuck

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Well according to history, Nucky is the one who helps sets up the first meeting of the commission so this little conflict won't last too long. Something is gonna happen where they broker a deal

That meeting already happened in 1929

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i think nucky is just gonna leave the game... it would be completely retarded to SORT of stay with history (not killing off guys who were alive, not keeping alive guys who died) to just throw that out the window in the last episode

i think they'll go as planned... capone locked up, the commission begins.. but nucky will offer to just walk away from the game since liquor is gonna be legal soon anyway.. then him and margaret go off into the sun set.. or he's lonely as shyt..

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
r.i.p. chalky and nelson

knowshon-moreno.gif

:wow: :mjcry: