The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
I was watching the HBO movie for Lansky last night, dope movie

00542740-326874_500.jpg

Daps
My point is, how can you even say the bolded? We have to wait for it to play out before complaining.

I actually liked the downfall of Gillian storyline in season 4 :manny:

If the character's wack, then the character's wack. Use better characters to move the plot. Gillan is terrible and a has been a waste of screen time since season 2. The fact that they tied her in to the plot doesn't excuse that.

Keep holding out hope tho :yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
on another note im so disappointed they never touched on jimmys death affecting nucky like they should have. the rumors of having trouble with him on set must have been true.
They covered that the night nucky killed jimmy

Jimmy was on his back already shot up. Started asking who would kill him. Nucky steps up. Jimmy goes on a rant about the nightmares and ghosts nucky will see and how this murder will haunt him

Nucky says something to the likes of "if you think that shyt is gonna bother me, you don't know me at all" then claps him up

Which went to show he never was half a gangster. You don't go to war and do business with the most famous mobsters of all time, and get rich and stay alive, by being a weak half time nikka

Jimmy misjudged him and it cost him his life

Daps
Seems like the writers were really excited to "dive" in to Joe Kennedy...all about legacy building, bends the rules but never did anything illegal, proud Irishman who doesn't drink etc etc...thats great but we don't have that kind of time.

The point of Kennedy is juxtaposing what Nucky (a powerful politician and astute businessman when we first meet him) failed to achieve. I think it's perfectly worth the time (as are the flashbacks, which many seem to hate)

Nucky achieved extreme wealth (in this episode Mrs Rothstein recounts the ridiculously lavish party Nuck threw in the roaring 20s) yet today, he's alone. No kids, an estranged wife, a brother shipped across the country.... what does he have left? Meanwhile Joe IS wealthy, yet through all his travels, he goes home to his wife, fukks the shyt out of her, and goes back out to make more money. The Brahmin still look down on him, but they don't shyt on him like Nuck and since Joe's merit keeps him in the room, he's able to make the best of it, just like we've seen Nuck do countless times in the past.

Why couldn't Nuck be in his shoes? Why ISN'T Nuck in his shoes?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I wrong in thinking that Narcisse already had some heroin deal going on with Luciano? Wasn't that a source of contention with Luciano and AR at one point?

Dr. Narcisse returns, and it was a rough one for him. He basically laughs off Lucky's warnings/threats, and ends up having his top whorehouse get mowed down. Might want to think of another strategy there, Doctor.

All the stuff with Chalky was intense, even though I figured it was going to end with him killing that guy. He may have gone to a dark place, but I can't see Chalky being this brutal. But, even if he took the nine dollars, what is he going to do now? I can't see him having many allies.

Well, as sad as I am that Arnold is gone, I'm glad we were able to meet Caroline Rothstein this season. Yeah, she was about what I expected, and I can totally see how she was Arnold's wife. Icy, being polite and sophisticated when unleashing threats, knowing full well Arnold had mistress, etc. And, hey, it looks like she's also going to make me interested in Margaret again. I like the idea that she is going after Margaret for those funds like :ufdup: and was like :salute: at on her part.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to think that joe kennedy is gonna be the one that finally takes down nucky.
in a similar way nucky did with the commodore. he gets arrested on some sort tax or fraud type shyt.
gets out of jail to discover that joe kennedy used all his ideas and power to become the man.

They setting joe kennedy up as a more successfully legal version of nucky.
they both straddle the line but nucky always seems to be more illegal the legit while kennedy is the opposite.
everything nucky wishes he could be.

This!

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chalky was very cac friendly this episode, his partner should've shot or raped that girl for lying.

The flashbacks are good at showing the difference between how the Commodore helped Nucky come up and how Nucky's not doing that without Jimmy, he's doing all this dirt for himself. The Kennedy conversation pointed that out too.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
They covered that the night nucky killed jimmy

Jimmy was on his back already shot up. Started asking who would kill him. Nucky steps up. Jimmy goes on a rant about the nightmares and ghosts nucky will see and how this murder will haunt him

Nucky says something to the likes of "if you think that shyt is gonna bother me, you don't know me at all" then claps him up

Which went to show he never was half a gangster. You don't go to war and do business with the most famous mobsters of all time, and get rich and stay alive, by being a weak half time nikka

Jimmy misjudged him and it cost him his life
that has nothing to do with what i was saying though. they briefly touch on it in season 3 when he sees the altar boy with holes in his face in the church, it clearly affected him.

7:05 on

they should have touched on it more in my opinion. it was a life changing event that in season 5 with having no legacy and children to hand his empire off to - would work well.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
that has nothing to do with what i was saying though. they briefly touch on it in season 3 when he sees the altar boy with holes in his face in the church, it clearly affected him.

7:05 on

they should have touched on it more in my opinion. it was a life changing event that in season 5 with having no legacy and children to hand his empire off to - would work well.

You're right. I forgot about that scene. It does seem out of place tho

He says he'd never care then goes about not caring. Has that one scene that he does care. Then goes back to not caring ever again. Definitely seems like the writers dropped the ball somewhere

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I could tell the Chalky/retarded breh hostage situation was going no where from the beginning I was hoping they would kill both of those women (like that kid that was stealing from Nucky 2 season ago :whew:) just so it wasn't obvious. Why even introduce that other black man as a character? He added nothing...

These 3 eps were all wack. That long ass scene with chalky was a waste of time and dumb. Who wrote this mularkey

The point was to show how serious the Great Depression was in the 1930s.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the character's wack, then the character's wack. Use better characters to move the plot. Gillan is terrible and a has been a waste of screen time since season 2. The fact that they tied her in to the plot doesn't excuse that.

Keep holding out hope tho :yeshrug:
Not everyone agrees the character is wack. I didn't like how Gillian was used in season 3, but I thought her storyline in season 4 was brilliant :yeshrug:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Do all of you even remember how the other seasons play out? They're all slow for the first few episodes :mindblown:

That's what I'm saying. I mean, if you've been watching this show for 5 seasons you should know it's a slow build always.

my friend pretty much said she would do this cause shes mad its only 8 episodes

What does your friend look like?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Honestly, I think that was one of the most single boring episodes that i have ever seen. And they are really beating us over the head with this kiddie-Nucky ish.