Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I agree with this...
if you look at the history of both real life characters that is exactly what happens in 1933.
:yeshrug:

whether or not the show trys to credit kennedy with scheming it from the beginning is what I wonder.
but they're clearly trying to show nucky being out of his league with this dude. which never happened with any other characters.

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:aicmon:Man I should smack you nikkas, How yall gunna let lipstick alley come to the conclusion before yall?

The boy who is so eager to work for Nucky thompson, so much so he is gunna give doyle half his pay, is jimmy darmondy boy.

:skip: BUT...

i think thats just a plant from luciano's gang trying to get revenge for tonio... damody's kid is living in minnesota with harrow's kid and sister

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really like the nucky\joe\bacardi storyline this season. Seems like a perfect way to end the show.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
:aicmon:Man I should smack you nikkas, How yall gunna let lipstick alley come to the conclusion before yall?

The boy who is so eager to work for Nucky thompson, so much so he is gunna give doyle half his pay, is jimmy darmondy boy.

You need to be smacked for being on "Lipstick Alley" :stopitslime:

Plus, somebody already said that

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
slower ep

i guess Margaret is back and thinks all is forgiven :beli:

did anyone else think that girl in the flashback was Gillian? Nucky thinking about his first love :mjcry:

i loved the conversation Lucky and Bugsy had with Narcisse, the veiled threats :ohlawd:. Boardwalk always has great dialogue.

They werent playing doctor :ufdup:

I've been waiting for him to show up. He's looking a bit worn down. Now I can't wait to see his reaction cause I know it has to be grand.

I love how Chalky was giving that retreated fool the:rudy: while he was talking.

Acting-wise, both of Chalky's sidekicks have been >>>>

All his scenes were tense as fukk

I'm starting to think that joe kennedy is gonna be the one that finally takes down nucky.
in a similar way nucky did with the commodore. he gets arrested on some sort tax or fraud type shyt.
gets out of jail to discover that joe kennedy used all his ideas and power to become the man.

They setting joe kennedy up as a more successfully legal version of nucky.
they both straddle the line but nucky always seems to be more illegal the legit while kennedy is the opposite.
everything nucky wishes he could be.

I hate the historians and shyt that come out of the woodwork when discussing this show but I saw some people discussing by 1931, which they jumped to, Kennedy was pretty much already the man. Legitimately, at least. No one can seem to confirm whether or not he did any actual dirt.

I agree with the last bit though. I had to laugh at Nucky switching up so quick in his presence.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to think that joe kennedy is gonna be the one that finally takes down nucky.
in a similar way nucky did with the commodore. he gets arrested on some sort tax or fraud type shyt.
gets out of jail to discover that joe kennedy used all his ideas and power to become the man.

They setting joe kennedy up as a more successfully legal version of nucky.
they both straddle the line but nucky always seems to be more illegal the legit while kennedy is the opposite.
everything nucky wishes he could be.

Joe Kennedy is already very successful up to this point, that's why Nucky NEEDS him, not the other way around. Kennedy already had heavy pockets from riding the bull market of the 1920s & then hedging himself to make a profit during the downfall & crash. He also invested heavy into real estate.

Like someone said earlier, Kennedy was dropping jewels on Nucky because Nucky's not in his league yet. That's why Kennedy was originally sitting with the big boys at the table when Nucky came to them for funding. Nucky even said in a previous show that he wish he could be as successful & wealthy as Kennedy without having to watch his back because of his gangster past.

killacal

Banned
Daps
That whole chalky storyline was garbage. You know the woman is a liar but each time you catch her in a lie you forget about it instead of routinely applying pressure on the girl. Could have been in and out in 1 hour smh.
he aint said one word this whole time but now he knows alllllll about schools and banks :dead:
RIP ol boy was comedy

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
THANK YOU!!

All these unnecessary character deep dives about people we don't give a fukk about. Do a deep dive into Capone like they did a couple years ago...into Luciano, which the show has never done...into Lansky, which the show has never done. These are the characters the people care about IMO. I imagine this show lost a lot of the crowd it could've garnered because of these missteps with the script.

exactly, the show is all over the place. Last episode we had Capone etc on the come up and this episode just jumps completely in another direction with the Mrs Shroeder/Chalky storylines. Too many made up characters always fukked this show up imo, even the likes of Gyp, they spend a whole season building him up then he just gets clapped by his own man on the beach in the end, like what the fukk was the point of all that? So many true stories they could delve into, people like Vito Genovese, Albert Anastasia, Carlo Gambino etc who were prominent back then

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
the show should have kept it heavy on capone, lucky, rothstein, lansky and the ny families pre-maranzano

medium to heavy on nucky, jimmy, and chalky

light on margaret and all the other females

instead they decided to go

heavy on nucky and margaret

medium on van alden, chalky, eli, jimmy, harrow and gillian

light on capone, lucky, rothstein, lansky and the pre-maranzano families

i would really like to find out why they decided to do that.

if they wanted to they could have even stayed heavy on nucky and jimmy and chalky to glue all the other stories together with some fiction.

imo killing jimmy so soon was a big mistake.

when the show is over im gonna rewatch it from season 1 for some jimmy/richard shyt :mjcry:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
the show should have kept it heavy on capone, lucky, rothstein, lansky and the ny families pre-maranzano

medium to heavy on nucky, jimmy, and chalky

light on margaret and all the other females

instead they decided to go

heavy on nucky and margaret

medium on van alden, chalky, eli, jimmy, harrow and gillian

light on capone, lucky, rothstein, lansky and the pre-maranzano families

i would really like to find out why they decided to do that.

if they wanted to they could have even stayed heavy on nucky and jimmy and chalky to glue all the other stories together with some fiction.

imo killing jimmy so soon was a big mistake.

when the show is over im gonna rewatch it from season 1 for some jimmy/richard shyt :mjcry:

Nucky, Chalky, Eli and Margaret were the main focus of the show since day one.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Nucky, Chalky, Eli and Margaret were the main focus of the show since day one.

yea i know but thats what im getting at, why did they choose to do that? show would have been 10 times more successful if it was capone and ny gangster heavy

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
yea i know but thats what im getting at, why did they choose to do that? show would have been 10 times more successful if it was capone and ny gangster heavy

You could do more with those characters and have more surprises in the story while the real characters are kind of handcuffed with real events that happen. Like when Jimmey died that was unexpected while the real characters you kind of have no suspense in certain situations.