Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
You could do more with those characters and have more surprises in the story while the real characters are kind of handcuffed with real events that happen. Like when Jimmey died that was unexpected while the real characters you kind of have no suspense in certain situations.

yea u right, but they could have given more screentime to those guys while using the made up characters for suspense. for example having jimmy working with capone was incredible, and even tho u knew capone wasnt gonna die and was gonna become huge, having jimmy there or even van alden worked great. we just needed to see more of it.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
yea u right, but they could have given more screentime to those guys while using the made up characters for suspense. for example having jimmy working with capone was incredible, and even tho u knew capone wasnt gonna die and was gonna become huge, having jimmy there or even van alden worked great. we just needed to see more of it.

I agree but I think the reason we the audience enjoy capone, Lucky and the real characters more is because they are not overexposed.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I agree but I think the reason we the audience enjoy capone, Lucky and the real characters more is because they are not overexposed.

yea u right but i think as long as they dont go into their love lives or childhoods u cant really overexpose em.

the capone-moran war on hbo would have been incredible :noah:

some more lansky and lucky shenanigans too :banderas:

we can only wonder what could have been now :sadcam:

Last edited:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
yea u right but i think as long as they dont go into their love lives or childhoods u cant really overexpose em.

the capone-moran war on hbo would have been incredible :noah:

some lansky and lucky shenanigans too :banderas:

we can only wonder what could have been now :sadcam:

so true.

Daps
How can you guys complain about too much "pointless" character development without knowing what's going to happen at the end of the season/series? Y'all need to stop complaining until everything plays out :beli:

I don't think anyone doubts they'll tie these stories together, the gripe is that with just 5 hours left what's the real value in much of this?

For instance, although they used Gillian to advance some plots (like forcing Harrow the Gawd to get it in and take out Gyp's crew), but she's been pointless since Jimmy died. They should've killed her off then too and used other means to advance the story.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Damn I was trying not to super critical of this season. But this last episode is pretty much the worst ever in my opinion. By far.

I could tell the Chalky/retarded breh hostage situation was going no where from the beginning I was hoping they would kill both of those women (like that kid that was stealing from Nucky 2 season ago :whew:) just so it wasn't obvious. Why even introduce that other black man as a character? He added nothing...

Seems like the writers were really excited to "dive" in to Joe Kennedy...all about legacy building, bends the rules but never did anything illegal, proud Irishman who doesn't drink etc etc...thats great but we don't have that kind of time.

Also, the Kennedy/Nucky thing felt very much like the Conrad Hilton/Don Draper relationship on Mad Men and a little bit like the Major Dad/Frank Underwood relationship on House of Cards. They're biting....

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I don't think anyone doubts they'll tie these stories together, the gripe is that with just 5 hours left what's the real value in much of this?

For instance, although they used Gillian to advance some plots (like forcing Harrow the Gawd to get it in and take out Gyp's crew), but she's been pointless since Jimmy died. They should've killed her off then too and used other means to advance the story.

My point is, how can you even say the bolded? We have to wait for it to play out before complaining.

I actually liked the downfall of Gillian storyline in season 4 :manny:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
you knew Chalky was going to kill him but i felt they used up too much time on Chalky and the guys home invasion.

:mjlol: Nucky's reaction to the barmaid when Doyle sent over the whiskey's...how quick he changed up in Kennedy's presence.

Luciano and Bugys's conversation with Narcisse and then Bugys putting in work. :blessed:

next weeks ep looks :whoo: