Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
so far I'm like :patrice:

but I'm patient enough to wait until I see the whole series to decide anything.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm starting to think that joe kennedy is gonna be the one that finally takes down nucky.
in a similar way nucky did with the commodore. he gets arrested on some sort tax or fraud type shyt.
gets out of jail to discover that joe kennedy used all his ideas and power to become the man.

They setting joe kennedy up as a more successfully legal version of nucky.
they both straddle the line but nucky always seems to be more illegal the legit while kennedy is the opposite.
everything nucky wishes he could be.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I'm starting to think that joe kennedy is gonna be the one that finally takes down nucky.
in a similar way nucky did with the commodore. he gets arrested on some sort tax or fraud type shyt.
gets out of jail to discover that joe kennedy used all his ideas and power to become the man.

They setting joe kennedy up as a more successfully legal version of nucky.
they both straddle the line but nucky always seems to be more illegal the legit while kennedy is the opposite.
everything nucky wishes he could be.

I agree with this...

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Episode was slow as fukk, why they keep wasting screen time with irrelevant bullshyt like rothstein's wife/margaret etc that whole shyt with Chalky too, was so obvious he was gonna kill that dude in the end. I love this show and will keep watching it its just painful sometimes, so much potential

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Episode was slow as fukk, why they keep wasting screen time with irrelevant bullshyt like rothstein's wife/margaret etc that whole shyt with Chalky too, was so obvious he was gonna kill that dude in the end. I love this show and will keep watching it its just painful sometimes, so much potential
THANK YOU!!

All these unnecessary character deep dives about people we don't give a fukk about. Do a deep dive into Capone like they did a couple years ago...into Luciano, which the show has never done...into Lansky, which the show has never done. These are the characters the people care about IMO. I imagine this show lost a lot of the crowd it could've garnered because of these missteps with the script.

Daps
Ironic that the most memorable tagline for this show is "you can't be half a gangster" considering this show is determined to do just that :skip:

Good episode, tho. It's not like any of this is bad tv...it's all great tv (even Margaret, in this episode). It's just that with only 5 hours left it's tough to justify some of this stuff, like Chalky's scene.

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Wasn't Tommy like 4 or 5 when we last saw him? That'd mean he'd be like 11 or 12 in the show.
It's most likely one of
Dr Narcisse is an idiot....you got just got threatened by Lucky and the gang...so you dont put your establishments on alert??/

You let 2 wops walk in without being patted down?...:mjlol:

Very ridiculous scene
they weren't wops, they were Jews , that was Bugsey and Kid Twist, Meyers Brooklyn killers. Remember Lucky starting shyt up to make Maranzano look bad. If it was just Maranzano he would have some Italian guys up there.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
:aicmon:Man I should smack you nikkas, How yall gunna let lipstick alley come to the conclusion before yall?

The boy who is so eager to work for Nucky thompson, so much so he is gunna give doyle half his pay, is jimmy darmondy boy.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
:aicmon:Man I should smack you nikkas, How yall gunna let lipstick alley come to the conclusion before yall?

The boy who is so eager to work for Nucky thompson, so much so he is gunna give doyle half his pay, is jimmy darmondy boy.
scroll up :stopitslime:

and what is a grown man doing on lipstick alley

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

tommy darmondy was born in 1917, according to the show.
so he would be 14 years old this season.
its possible because its not like dude couldn't have lied two times about his age. but I doubt it.