Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Kennedy...JFK Jr. pops:whoo: Nuck stays schemin:heh: Since when CaCs in high-places:mjpls:, care about letting unsavory characters into their circle:huhldup:, if it won't bring them a boatload of cash:stopitslime: Pone's gangsta fame on a hundred, thousand, trillion:whew: Throwing shots at the Golden Age Hollywood crime movies:banderas: Bragging about his global fanmail:wow: All that boasting got him AWLL up in the cameras:takedat: But, blinds him from seeing his crew's infiltrated from the inside:ufdup: The chump who blew up Nuck's girl:usure:, got the payback...knew you bytch nikkas from wayback:pacspit: Surprised Lucky and Lansky didn't handle the snake:lupe:, before he slithered to the other side:scust: Eli drowning in sorrow at Larry Holmes Garden:mjcry: Van Alden's gonna Van Alden:skip: As you watch each scene:feedme:, knowing it's only 8 episodes:noah:, you just feel all the important moments getting crammed in:damn:, like Elliot Ness introduction:ohhh: That's why I can't comprehend giving Gillian:scusthov: all that screentime with Ms.Doubtfire:what:, only for it to end with her holding a pen and pad:wtb:, instead of getting her dome split:patrice:
Wait, who blew up Nucks girl?

Daps
This was a dope fukking episode. :banderas:

Gillian has been useless since Jimmy died, I don't know why the keep using her (I'm sure she'll tie into the Nucky storyline at somepoint), but everything else about this episode is piff.

Capone is fukking GOLD. That interview was real (http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/boa...tys-1931-interview-with-al-capone-1201305823/) btw. Capone didn't put the hit out on Torrio, and I don't think the show is saying he did. I think they are saying that Torrio thought he did and are using that as the motivation for Torrio's retirement. Capone is a hot head, not a cunning mastermind. He was genuinely upset at the attempt on Torrio.

Nucky with Joe Kennedy is great and it looks like he'll be back throughout this season. It'll be intersting to see how this beef with Lucky/Meyer plays out. I don't think Meyer went to Cuba to kill Nuck...if he did why would he just be walking around all willy nilly so Nucky could make him?

BTW, Tonnino, the guy Nucky kills was Gyp Rosetti's boy who was responsible for killing Nucky's mistress by blowing up the boardwalk. That's why the waiter points out her picture on the wall.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
boardwalk14_13.jpg

‘Boardwalk Empire’ Revisits Variety’s 1931 Interview with Al Capone

The June 30, 1931, edition of Variety featured the banner story “Capone Kids Gang Films,” written by staff scribe Lou Greenspan. The story detailed Capone’s amused reaction to the gangster films that were then flooding theaters, including now-classics “Scarface” and “Public Enemy.”

Played by British thesp Stephen Graham (pictured far right), Al Capone has been a regular character in the Prohibition-era drama that revolves around bootleggers and mobsters in Atlantic City. In the second episode of the show’s final season, “The Good Listener,” written by series creator Terence Winter and directed by Allen Coulter, the Variety interview is depicted as taking place in Capone’s Chicago headquarters while the notoriously fashion-conscious Little Caesar is surrounded by henchmen and getting fitted for a suit.

The enterprising reporter behind the story was Greenspan, who worked out of Variety’s Hollywood bureau (this was two years before Daily Variety launched in Hollywood) but had deep roots in Chicago. Winter noted that several lines of dialogue for the episode were taken directly from the article.

Greenspan revealed that Capone scoffed at the slew of mob-focused movies and books that were popular in the day, thanks in no small part to Capone’s growing celebrity. He noted that Capone’s many bodyguards and assistants called their boss “Snorky,” and that Capone had pictures of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln hanging on the wall behind his desk.

Capone bragged to Greenspan that he’d been approached “many times” to star in a movie but had no interest.

“I wouldn’t go into a picture for all the money in the world,” Capone said. He also used Variety tosend a message to one particular book writer who claimed to have gotten the inside dope on the Capone operation from the boss himself.

“If you ever meet that guy give him a punch in the nose with my compliments,” Capone instructed Greenspan.

A few months after the interview, Capone was in the clink following his conviction on tax evasioncharges. And Lou Greenspan? He left Variety a few years later to go into marketing and publicity.

Here’s the original story in its entirety:

al-capone-interview-variety-boardwalk-empire.jpg

al-capone-interview-variety-boardwalk-empire-jump.jpg

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/boa...tys-1931-interview-with-al-capone-1201305823/

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
All my anger and disappointment flushed away this episode.

Episode was perfect and reminded me of every reason i love this show. Van Alden with the comedy. Elliot Ness and Kennedy. The callbacks to previous seasons. The small details that fit right into history. :wow:

Now Im filled with sadness because its only 6 episodes left.:mjcry:

Daps
All my anger and disappointment flushed away this episode.

Episode was perfect and reminded me of every reason i love this show. Van Alden with the comedy. Elliot Ness and Kennedy. The callbacks to previous seasons. The small details that fit right into history. :wow:

Now Im filled with sadness because its only 6 episodes left.:mjcry:

C/S 100%

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Damn...why did Nucky kill ol boy and send a message to Lanksy...now Lanksky gonna go into hiding and Maranzano gonna get popped earlier by Lucky

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn...why did Nucky kill ol boy and send a message to Lanksy...now Lanksky gonna go into hiding and Maranzano gonna get popped earlier by Lucky

Nucky is done playing around with the young bucks who want his spot (jimmy, gyp, meyer). He listened to Torrio's message about retirement, but decided to go with what Jimmy taught him in season one instead (you can't be half a gangster).

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
boardwalk14_13.jpg

‘Boardwalk Empire’ Revisits Variety’s 1931 Interview with Al Capone

The June 30, 1931, edition of Variety featured the banner story “Capone Kids Gang Films,” written by staff scribe Lou Greenspan. The story detailed Capone’s amused reaction to the gangster films that were then flooding theaters, including now-classics “Scarface” and “Public Enemy.”

Played by British thesp Stephen Graham (pictured far right), Al Capone has been a regular character in the Prohibition-era drama that revolves around bootleggers and mobsters in Atlantic City. In the second episode of the show’s final season, “The Good Listener,” written by series creator Terence Winter and directed by Allen Coulter, the Variety interview is depicted as taking place in Capone’s Chicago headquarters while the notoriously fashion-conscious Little Caesar is surrounded by henchmen and getting fitted for a suit.

The enterprising reporter behind the story was Greenspan, who worked out of Variety’s Hollywood bureau (this was two years before Daily Variety launched in Hollywood) but had deep roots in Chicago. Winter noted that several lines of dialogue for the episode were taken directly from the article.

Greenspan revealed that Capone scoffed at the slew of mob-focused movies and books that were popular in the day, thanks in no small part to Capone’s growing celebrity. He noted that Capone’s many bodyguards and assistants called their boss “Snorky,” and that Capone had pictures of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln hanging on the wall behind his desk.

Capone bragged to Greenspan that he’d been approached “many times” to star in a movie but had no interest.

“I wouldn’t go into a picture for all the money in the world,” Capone said. He also used Variety tosend a message to one particular book writer who claimed to have gotten the inside dope on the Capone operation from the boss himself.

“If you ever meet that guy give him a punch in the nose with my compliments,” Capone instructed Greenspan.

A few months after the interview, Capone was in the clink following his conviction on tax evasioncharges. And Lou Greenspan? He left Variety a few years later to go into marketing and publicity.

Here’s the original story in its entirety:

al-capone-interview-variety-boardwalk-empire.jpg

al-capone-interview-variety-boardwalk-empire-jump.jpg

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/boa...tys-1931-interview-with-al-capone-1201305823/
So Capone bout to get locked up soon? :snoop: