Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

ChemicalBk

Super !
Daps
Reppin
Brooklynnn!!!
Rothstein in real life died in 1928 after a card game gone bad. He was found in the hotel lobby where the game was being played bleeding out by a housekeeper next morning, New season of BE is set in 1931. Notice when Nucky bumps into Mayer Lansky in Cuba he mentions they last met at Rothstein's funeral.
I know im sayin thats a shytty write off for a great character who was As important as Nucky and 2nd to him once Jimmy left in terms of being the star (we gonna pretend Shroader scenes aint happen)

kareem929

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NJ/NC
I know they jumped over it. I hate how they did that. He was my favorite character.

And we already know Nucky aint fukkin with Murder Inc. Shoulda had a spin off or something.

And why was Chalky locked up?

Got Cawwt!! :ld:

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
Honestly, they could've started with 1928, Death of Rothstein, Capone taking out Frankie Yale, the St Valentine's Day Massacre of '29 and bounced around after that. All they had to do was show they key moments, with some of the other characters sprinkled in, while leading up to the end of prohibition.

A Sopranos season 2 opening style montage would've been :banderas:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, as much as Margaret has had some annoying times on the show. It's 7 episodes to go and I'm actually interested to see how how The Depression effects her.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
They definitely should have done a like ten minute montage/recap of the years they skipped over. People would complain(rightfully) anyway but at least we wouldnt feel so lost.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not bad episode,I enjoyed it that's why it was called the Great Depression. but I do feel like they rushed it. They could have done with Season 7 with this The Great Depression theme perfect for finale season in Season 7....now they have to skip in time which I didn't like it with only 8 episodes......weak, imo. That is what worries me about the time jumps and shorter season. It seems like we'll see a copue people and arcs get rushed or settled off caera in order to close every loose end......not good looking, imo.

Imagine with this story so after the Wall Street Crash of 1929, the US called in its loans to Germany (Nazi running by Hitler), and the German economy collapsed, etc. Board Empire would be one of the best TV show ever but they rushed it that threw people off.

Joe Masseria walks into a restaurant in Coney Island on a rainy day in April, 1931 but not memorable if you asked me.....again, they rushed it.

Myer's still tight with Lucky (he lied about the wife, so why not Lucky?), and Lucky is cleaning house up north. So maybe cleaning house down south, too. Lucky was actually running in Cuba

Wish, we would love to see that Lucky was forced into a limesine at gun point by three men, beaten and stabbed, and dumped on a bench on Staten Island that he somehow surivied the ordeal but was forver marked with a scar and droopy eye....but again the time jumps throw me off.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Doesn't make fukking sense why they're doing this. Make a damn fundraiser, shyt! Ruining this. There is really no reason why we are being forced to be rushed like this. I fukk with Nucky's storyline more than anyones, but they're fukking him too. HBO does it a fukking gain.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Not bad episode,I enjoyed it that's why it was called the Great Depression. but I do feel like they rushed it. They could have done with Season 7 with this The Great Depression theme perfect for finale season in Season 7....now they have to skip in time which I didn't like it with only 8 episodes......weak, imo. That is what worries me about the time jumps and shorter season. It seems like we'll see a copue people and arcs get rushed or settled off caera in order to close every loose end......not good looking, imo.

Imagine with this story so after the Wall Street Crash of 1929, the US called in its loans to Germany (Nazi running by Hitler), and the German economy collapsed, etc. Board Empire would be one of the best TV show ever but they rushed it that threw people off.

Joe Masseria walks into a restaurant in Coney Island on a rainy day in April, 1931 but not memorable if you asked me.....again, they rushed it.

Myer's still tight with Lucky (he lied about the wife, so why not Lucky?), and Lucky is cleaning house up north. So maybe cleaning house down south, too. Lucky was actually running in Cuba

Wish, we would love to see that Lucky was forced into a limesine at gun point by three men, beaten and stabbed, and dumped on a bench on Staten Island that he somehow surivied the ordeal but was forver marked with a scar and droopy eye....but again the time jumps throw me off.
good points...and yea, it really does suck that they rushed through all of this. however, i think that we kinda forget that the creators of the show are sticking to their guns and really continuing to make the show mostly about Nucky Thompson............even though people have cared less and less about the dude since like season 3. as much as we'd like it to be about the rise of capone, lansky, luciano, etc....it's not & then the focus on all these other fictional characters, trying to continue to be extra deep with flashbacks, killing off the most interesting characters, etc...it's a mess.

is this season really only 8 eps? wtf...so it's gonna end on the last sunday of october??? impossible...

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
is this season really only 8 eps? wtf...so it's gonna end on the last sunday of october??? impossible...
7 more episodes and Boardwalk Empire is done breh

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a AR fan, I was looking forward into more of Margarette inside trading for him:noah:

...anyway, I like how they gave the actor playing Lucky, his signature droopy eye:jawalrus:

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't feeling it. Once again, why is Margaret on my screen? And everything g was rushed and glossed over. The hit on Masseria. No backstory, reasoning, or explanation. Same with the Rothstein death. Speaking of Lanky, I really dont care for another war between Lucky and those guys. We know the outcome. Only thing interesting was chalky