Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: Really?

Yo that movie was terrible. Besides the fact they left out important characters and moments, shyt was mad glossy and Hollywood. Not gritty enough with horrible casting choice. I honestly thought I was watching a parody movie
yea that shyt was hot garbage :mjlol:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Honestly, they could've started with 1928, Death of Rothstein, Capone taking out Frankie Yale, the St Valentine's Day Massacre of '29 and bounced around after that. All they had to do was show they key moments, with some of the other characters sprinkled in, while leading up to the end of prohibition. HBO doesn't know how to end a series, will this be different?

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Honestly, they could've started with 1928, Death of Rothstein, Capone taking out Frankie Yale, the St Valentine's Day Massacre of '29 and bounced around after that. All they had to do was show they key moments, with some of the other characters sprinkled in, while leading up to the end of prohibition. HBO doesn't know how to end a series, will this be different?
we needed 2 more seasons instead of 1, 1928/29 like you said then finish with this 1931 timeline.

this will be rushed and we will moan for days

edit: did you guys see the preview for next ep, looks like Eli's son has joined the FBI :beli:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
a 5-10 min montage would of done it too

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
anyone have the season preview? my dvr didnt catch it and hbo go doesnt have it.. i don't understand why HBO go still can't add the fukking previously on and next week preview to their shyt but we always get a pointless advert for one of their other shows

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
...... i m bout to :camby: this shyt
this Final Season is worse than the HIMYM ending.
like seriously what the fukk1!!!! IS THIS RUSHED shyt!!!!

The Counselor

Rookie
Daps
They better go more in depth with Rothstein dude was #2 behind Nucky n only got a line of mention
Rothstein in real life died in 1928 after a card game gone bad. He was found in the hotel lobby where the game was being played bleeding out by a housekeeper next morning, New season of BE is set in 1931. Notice when Nucky bumps into Mayer Lansky in Cuba he mentions they last met at Rothstein's funeral.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
time jump completely fukked up the greatness of this show....yall said everything already so im not gonna regurgitate too much...but you don't skip key moments in the history of this mafia shyt....rothsetin dying, lucky/lanksy/capone rising up as bosses.....smfh

they should have gotten Scorsese to write and direct this episode...he would have handled this jump perfectly....unless they plan on doing flashbacks throughout the 8 episodes for all the major characters

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yea I know.....but it's better than just mentioning shyt that happened in the previous years through dialogue..
:wow:

Now that you mention it... that's probably what they'll do. This season could be very garbage brehs.

Singing Inmate: What you do to get in here?
Chalky: I got myself caught

:snoop: