Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
another thing. fukking margaret schroeder :snoop:

been wanting her dead since season 1. I wish they would have gave her the boot.

in the 7 years that have passed since season 4, rothstein got murdered. they really didn't even discuss that.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Eh, people would've felt this way if the show went 15 seasons.
This show could have easily went 10 seasons though because they have the material/history to go off of. It's not like other shows where they have to come up with storylines from scratch. This show found it's stride in Season 4 and now they jumped 7 years to end it and I'm worried already.

That premier had me just waiting til it was over to see how The Leftovers wrapped up

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was an OK ep.....but I'm more interested in Chicago than anything in Nucky's past. I want Capone and Nelson.....mostly so we get to see Graham and Shannon :lawd:
Well you might want to stop watching i doubt it's going to be much.Nucky always been the main character and they just trying to finish this shyt.

As far as this episode.I actually thought was one of the most well put together episodes they've ever done.They gave us a alot in a hour.

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
It would've been nice to see Maranzano & Masseria in a scene together popping off at each other or discussing their beef...then later on show who Lucky decided to side with...I think it would have been better for viewers who don't know who Maranzano is and not familiar with the Castellammarese war..also it would have gave Maranzano a proper introduction and the meeting when he became boss of all bosses would have hit harder

Instead he just popped up outta nowhere at the meeting and I'm sure viewers who are unfamiliar were prolly like "who the fukk is he" and "how did he get so powerful"

That's the problem with that time jump...should have atleast gave us one episode in 1928 giving us the Castellammarese war and AR gettin bodied then jumped 3 years into Cuba...this season should have been 12 episodes :to:

Ijs

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well you might want to stop watching i doubt it's going to be much.Nucky always been the main character and they just trying to finish this shyt.

As far as this episode.I actually thought was one of the most well put together episodes they've ever done.They gave us a alot in a hour.
Not even close.

Just because "they gave us a lot" doesn't mean it was good let alone one of the best. The pacing was bad, they go from flashback, to violence, to flashback, to violence... and this is after a 7 year jump where a lot of stuff happened that we won't see on screen. The flashbacks came off as forced to me, because like you said, they're trying to finish shyt up

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not even close.

Just because "they gave us a lot" doesn't mean it was good let alone one of the best. The pacing was bad, they go from flashback, to violence, to flashback, to violence... and this is after a 7 year jump where a lot of stuff happened that we won't see on screen. The flashbacks came off as forced to me, because like you said, they're trying to finish shyt up
The flashbacks were dope though.At first i was like :dry: what is this? But it ended up being pretty good.It didn't drag to me like i thought it might.I legit felt bad for Nucky going through that shyt with his sister being sick and his dad. :to: And his mom giving him that paper to look at hiding it from his Dad.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The flashbacks were dope though.At first i was like :dry: what is this? But it ended up being pretty good.It didn't drag to me like i thought it might.I legit felt bad for Nucky going through that shyt with his sister being sick and his dad. :to: And his mom giving him that paper to look at hiding it from his Dad.
:stopitslime:

Felt like they were Mad Men inspired, but the difference is Mad Men has been doing the Don flashbacks for multiple seasons now... it was just odd to have them NOW in Boardwalk IMO.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
lucky is the one who set up the NYC mafia to be 5 seperate families. he'll be the most powerful mobster of all.

Yea but, he had to kill Merranzano first. Lucky wanted The Commission to be like the Roman Senate whereas Merranzano wanted it to be a Dictatorship, with him being the boss of all bosses. They whacked his azz so fukkin quick :heh: