Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
good episode. lots of gunplay, a cleaver to a head, lucky luciano's rise plus we still havent even touched on capone, narcisse, and siegel.

i dont like the jump in years but :manny: it is what it is

sidenote: :mjlol: at them getting a gay kid to play young nucky.

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
nikkas quick to jump on Boardwalk's back already. Same shyt happens every season, everyone says it was boring, slow, rushed, too many weak storylines until the final three episodes where everything comes full circle and it ends on some fukking piffery. Y'all should know how this shyt works by now. Stop with the bytchin'.

It was perfectly fine to me. Loved Luciano's scenes and enjoyed Chalky on some c00n shyt. A dude in here said he thinks that his scenes were a flashback. I initially thought that too, but theonly thing dissuading me is the grey beard. Suggests age more than youth. I too am intrigued as to where Margaret's storyline is going. She gonna come up in that firm and reunite with Nucky in some vein I feel. Interesting that the Bacardi man said "Every must have an exit arranged". That foreshadowing for the season right there.

Masseria's death was rushed but I enjoyed it sameway. Meyer popping up in Cuba ain't no coincidence either. He planned that attack 100%.

I love this shyt. We back cuz :blessed:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
why rush it :to:, we only hav 8 eps and they are wasting minutes on a pointless flashback plotline.

AR getting treated dirty, this guy deserves more than a little throwaway line.

i like luckys rise but please no more margaret. did Meyer really try to wack nucky :lupe:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I honestly don't even know what to think of the first episode. I have no idea what's going on in Chalky's storyline. I have no idea how Margaret's storyline is going to tie in to anything. We don't really know the significance of Nucky seeing Meyer in Cuba yet. Did Meyer put the hit out on Nucky? :yeshrug:

In all honesty, the first episode seemed like a filler episode to bigger things. It was necessary to have this. If none of this stuff builds to anything, you have reason to complain.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why rush it :to:, we only hav 8 eps and they are wasting minutes on a pointless flashback plotline.

AR getting treated dirty, this guy deserves more than a little throwaway line.

i like luckys rise but please no more margaret. did Meyer really try to wack nucky :lupe:

I'm wondering how Margaret gets worked back into the storyline. With no AR and no job (stock market crash) does she come at nucky legally? Wouldn't be surprised if she wanted a piece of the land in tampa or something. Margaret is not shy to do underhanded things when it comes to protecting her children (and herself, but she pretends it's all for the kids).

Holiday

Ohh G
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Dope episode. I liked the flash backs more than I thought I would.

The season preview looked crazy

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since the first season, I've been waiting:noah:, for Lucky's ascension into La Costra Nostra:lawd: Masseira, ya reign on top was short as leprechauns:wtb: Being that it's 1930s:flabbynsick:, that means no more Rothstein:rip::sadcam: The decadence and corruption of old Cuba was captured beautifully:banderas: Lansky scoped out Nucky:whoo:, but blew his cover, simultaneously:lupe: Margarette boss did all that:dwillhuh:, so hopefully his office wouldn't have go through that:huhldup: Chalky may know how to use a telephone:dahell:, but what's the singing fool going to do:dwillhuh:, when he find out he can't read:patrice: We only have eight episodes for this season:why:, couldn't they show Young Nucky backstory the previous seasons:ld: Needless to say, Boardwalk Empire season has returned:ahh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are they going to show flashbacks on how Chalky got locked up too?

They wait til now to give us Nucky's backstory? Why not cut down on Marg's scenes from previous seasons and show us that shyt with the commodore while the commodore was still alive?

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
they wasted far too much screen time with made up characters since series 3..so much potential and so many real life stories they could have incorporated..like where the fukk is vito genovese?

still this episode wasnt bad, like everyone has said they rushed it but still a good show to watch nevertheless

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Damn...They showin how Lucky is got into La Cosa Nostra :wow:......honestly is story is more interesting...

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, they really gipping us this year with a measley 8 episodes. that being said, last night's episode was dope. I told the wife that masseria was bout to get popped right before it happened, since it's straight out the history books.

also, they really fukked us over by not giving us any dr. narcisse, eli, agent van alden, or capone fukkery last night. We only got 8 episodes, I don't wanna see shyt about nucky's childhood :camby: