Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

mr x

Superstar
Daps
It should be self-explanatory. Although these characters are based on real people they're not always going to be portrayed as who they really were.

oh ok..you misinterpreted the post then..it had nothing to do with Capone being based on a real person.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was depressed for a week off this finale brah. Moreso because of Nucky ending up with nothing to show for a life long pursuit of wealth at the end of the series.

Nucky deserved that just for the shyt he did to gillian alone, dude was an accomplice in child molestation. with those last few episode i was :mjcry: for gillian not gonna lie plus nucky had the opportunity to redeem himself by trying to get her out the nut house and he didn't so fukk him and anyone that loves him:pacspit:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think it was to show that Capone was losing his mind thanks to all the drugs and the coke.

Lucky was a user too, and he remembered him.

Honestly, this show fell off so hard, no one hardly mentions it, and it'a only been a couple of weeks. Even Lost had people still complaining months after.

Last edited:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps

Honestly, this show fell off so hard, know one hardly mentions it, and it'a only been a couple of weeks. Even Lost had people still complaining months after.

Capone had diseases that were effing his mind up

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Honestly, this show fell off so hard, know one hardly mentions it, and it'a only been a couple of weeks. Even Lost had people still complaining months after.

Lucky was also fukking his mom for a long period of time too tho.

But I get your point.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i have season 1 on bluray
i only plan on buying season 2.

season 2 pretty much wrapped up the story for everyone. no cliff hangers and what not.

season 3 actually was the start of a whole new wack version of the series when you think about it.
  • van alden was a probition agent in season 1 and 2 that story ends with his disgrace and exile:ehh:makes sense

season 3 he is a bumbling iron salesman who happens to caught in between a gang war? :what:his character went from written out to being pulled him back into through series after series of improbable circumstances and he never once become a factor in the overall theme of the show just a distracting point of view to witness the cCaponerise and fall from power. that could've been more screen time for al capone instead.:snoop:

• Nucky was a crooked politian struggling between the line of legit and illegal before finally becoming
a full fledged gangster. in season 1 and 2:ehh:

Season 3 he is back to struggling again all the way to season 5 where he is jealous of kennedy for be legit?:what:his whole character arc repeated itself not twice but three times :snoop:

• Chalky brehs :whoo: black excellence in season 1 and 2. yeah the nikka couldn't read but he was the only gangster that went to church and took care of his family. That scene with him in prison was like :ohlawd:
Then season 3 and 4 comes along and all of the sudden chalky doesn't a fukk about nothing but his club and daughter. becomes such a simp that he spends 7 years in prison thinking about nothing but daughter. breaks out doesn't give one more thought to his family goes cross country to give up his life for daughter. :snoop:

All the true to life stories stayed good throughout the series. Rothsien, lucky, capone, lansky, but they never got screen time and the fictional ones went to shyt from season 3 onwards.
:camby:

season 1 and 2 for me.

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
i have season 1 on bluray
i only plan on buying season 2.

season 2 pretty much wrapped up the story for everyone. no cliff hangers and what not.

season 3 actually was the start of a whole new wack version of the series when you think about it.
  • van alden was a probition agent in season 1 and 2 that story ends with his disgrace and exile:ehh:makes sense

season 3 he is a bumbling iron salesman who happens to caught in between a gang war? :what:his character went from written out to being pulled him back into through series after series of improbable circumstances and he never once become a factor in the overall theme of the show just a distracting point of view to witness the cCaponerise and fall from power. that could've been more screen time for al capone instead.:snoop:

• Nucky was a crooked politian struggling between the line of legit and illegal before finally becoming
a full fledged gangster. in season 1 and 2:ehh:

Season 3 he is back to struggling again all the way to season 5 where he is jealous of kennedy for be legit?:what:his whole character arc repeated itself not twice but three times :snoop:

• Chalky brehs :whoo: black excellence in season 1 and 2. yeah the nikka couldn't read but he was the only gangster that went to church and took care of his family. That scene with him in prison was like :ohlawd:
Then season 3 and 4 comes along and all of the sudden chalky doesn't a fukk about nothing but his club and daughter. becomes such a simp that he spends 7 years in prison thinking about nothing but daughter. breaks out doesn't give one more thought to his family goes cross country to give up his life for daughter. :snoop:

All the true to life stories stayed good throughout the series. Rothsien, lucky, capone, lansky, but they never got screen time and the fictional ones went to shyt from season 3 onwards.
:camby:

season 1 and 2 for me.

:ehh:

I think I'm going to rewatch Season 1 and 2 now...

Daps

I meant to say the "syphilis and the coke" not the "drugs and the coke"

Capone's mind was clearly gone, Lucky's was not. Most people didn't notice this, but Capone was always walking around with white shyt on his face. That wasn't coke residue, that was makeup to cover his scar. He was too far gone to realize how ridiculous he looked.