Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I finally caught the season. It's one of my favorite shows but the Tommy Darmody angle is some of the worst shyt I've ever seen written. It makes no sense from an age standpoint and other things. But I digress.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I finally caught the season. It's one of my favorite shows but the Tommy Darmody angle is some of the worst shyt I've ever seen written. It makes no sense from an age standpoint and other things. But I digress.
I watched first episode of season 5 and couldn't do it anymore,ended up reading up on season 5 on wiki to see what happend :beli:

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look familiar?.. Just found this.

vintage-mugshots-black-and-white-22.jpg
tumblr_inline_nd22u636H31rl8zak.jpg

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
Just finished the series this week.
I'm not even terribly mad at the final season. It was known beforehand it was the last and it'd only be 8seasons. Sure they could have covered a lot more, left out a lot less. It really doesn't take away from the fact it may have shown us a part of American history we didn't know.
I read TOO much about the mafia in high school, even got A's in high school for book reports :wow:
The shyt intrigued me. I never got into the Atlantic city story tho.
It does make me wish there were cams that would have Al, Lucky and Meyer on camera to see how they really acted, or talked for that matter.
I know it was a fortune to shoot an episode but HBO should have taken the loss to send it off a lil bit more proper.
The ending isn't surprising in the show, the parallels of how Nucky met Gillian on the boardwalk and saved her only to lose his life in that last scene to Tommy was something else.
Overall it was a great series and I won't be the one to gripe about it.

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Watched season one on hbogo and Tommy was like 4 years old at best on season 1 , season 5 he aged 13 years at least, it made no sense that from letters he read that he would seek Nucky out and kill him. First where did he learn to read? How Gillian find him from prison? Gillian had to know Tommy would get caught and be on death row for the crime. Gillian out of jail while Tommy dead from the electric chair at 17 , damn.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Just finished it about a week ago as well. Didn't expect everyone to get merked like that but it wrapped up pretty good

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished it.

:beli: @ this season

Shortened season, all the stories felt rushed as hell, wasting time by giving a third of the season to Yung Nuck flashbacks (at least flashback to the seven years we missed)... Sad shyt.

I knew Nucky had to die but I didn't care for the swerve ending and I thought the whole thing was Nucky was trying to get away from Atlantic City. He had his chance and kept wandering around being lonely until he got popped.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
just finished the series:scust:

shyt fell off hard as fukk after season 2:wow:

season 4 and 5 was just thrown together
dude season 4 is equally as good as the first 2 seasons it just feels like a sequel (as in more action less story more OTT characters). However Season 3 even with rosetti was a chore and season 5 was terrible