Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Not a bad season overall.. it was good for the most part but far from great

I felt like the flashbacks took the momentum from every episode... everytime they'd pop up I'd be like 'damn Im just getting into this episode.."

With that said I don't think they were completely bad either I just feel those flashbacks would have worked much better in season 3 or something... instead of using them to flesh out the finale, because they were effective in making Nucky more relatable and understanding as a character. Too little too late.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At least maybe Daughter Maitland can do her thing Narcisse dead

:takedat:
tumblr_mt9ut5CD1F1rcu5xbo1_500.jpg

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
dissapointed by the rushed season
no bumpy johnson or dikk Schultz
tommy as the killer,which bs because at most he should be 13:camby:,they should of cast someone around young nucks age if that was the direction they wanted

the real nucky was on the commision, and died of natural causes married with 6 kids

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Saw the finale last night, wasted potential that's what this shows legacy will be in history. The way this season went just begs the question on why they felt they could have s3 be this filler filled transitional season. The season practically ended when chalky was the last shot before the fade to black, everything else was a waste of time. It's like micheal pitt's departure was really the end but they just went 2 and 3qtrs seasons more out of stubbornness

Ps can someone explain the significance of capone and the fed he knew betrayed him nodding at each other? Should have put a hit on that guy?

Last edited:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw the finale last night, wasted potential that's what this shows legacy will be in history. The way this season went just begs the question on why they felt they could have s3 be this filler filled transitional season. The season practically ended when chalky was the last shyt before the fade to black, everything else was a waste of time

Ps can someone explain the significance of capone and the fed he knew betrayed him nodding at each other? Should he have put a hit on that guy?

Basically he was showing him respect in a sense, saying "you got me, fair and square". He wasn't a cop who could be bought out bythe biggest gangster in the country and was able to outsmart Al.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Basically he was showing him respect in a sense, saying "you got me, fair and square". He wasn't a cop who could be bought out bythe biggest gangster in the country and was able to outsmart Al.
:obama:cheers

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Watched the 1st 2 seasons again.

Now thinking back to this season where Capone didnt even remember Jimmy.

Damn.

As Jimmy would say "To the lost" :mjcry:

Even though Jimmy was fictional. It made me think of all the people who were apart of something important...but the streets/world ultimately forgot them. :wow:
when they made him say that I was like :umad:micheal Pitt must've really pissed these guys off

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
when they made him say that I was like :umad:micheal Pitt must've really pissed these guys off

Felt wrong though. Maybe it was to show Capone being oblivious now that he was such a big shot. But Capone looked out for Jimmy. On some "Remember when I use to let you sleep on the couch and the beg the bytch to let you sleep in the house" :wow:

Watching the 1st 2 seasons again made me think they could have executed this last season perfectly.....

if they hadn't killed Jimmy off so soon and then forgot about him (Nucky).

oh well