Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
in real life that little b*stard changed his last name and ended the capone legacy... i think he's still alive tho... i know life would be hard dealing with it.. but i could never drop my last name if my dad was al fukking capone

Google says he died in 2004.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
in real life that little b*stard changed his last name and ended the capone legacy... i think he's still alive tho... i know life would be hard dealing with it.. but i could never drop my last name if my dad was al fukking capone
Think he died breh.

Im confused about some sh1t about Capone. Apparently he was kinda soft in prison. Was that his illness or was he just soft w/o all the power? :ohhh:

Then, his son was born with syphilis, but later cured. But I never read anything about his wife having it :what: she lived till she was damn near 90

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
I guess Jimmy Jr. didn't kill Nucky when he was KO because he waited the OK from Gillian. Maybe if Nucky would've helped her :yeshrug:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I wasn't the only one who caught this in the 7th episode, right?

boardwalk-empire-foreshadowing.png

The most blatant foreshadowing I can remember......shyt, that entire scene was forced as hell :dead:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ive never been so happy the day i seen own slumped like a pile of laudry in that fukking box. this bum thought he coulda took joe the boss out. YOU AINT JIMMY OR HARROW HOMIE. YOU AINT BUILT FOR THIS

s.

djnx1.gif

. So its always fun to discuss it because my pops lived in the times of Lucky and Meyer and the 5 families. In fact his union at his job is run by the MOB and they knew my pops and respected him. Never bothered him. Anyways a couple of points:
SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif

Last edited:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
He killed his pops and pimped out his grams. That seems like a good enough reason for me.

The only person that could tell him that was in a nut house, asking me to believe that letters from some woman in a nut house would be enough to turn a teenage kid into a vengeful killer is too much and like others pointed out why didn't he killed him in the alley when they were alone?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Finally caught up last night. Was very surprised at what happened to nucky.

Also the lucky storyline played out just the way I thought it would.
Personally, I liked the second to last episode best. But they summed everything up pretty well.

Nucky wasnt built for eat. He wasn't even a gangster like that. Also doyle finally got shut up.

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
tumblr_ne38h9IBgp1si3zvao2_250.gif

tumblr_ne38h9IBgp1si3zvao4_250.gif

The writing and acting humanizes a malicious Mob Boss SUCCINCTLY. A different creative team would've fukked this up:why:. Any premise for a season in Boardwalk Universe would be extremely difficult to shoot while pleasing everyone.They were juggling like 8 story lines, different States in the U.S and trying to blend history and fiction. There's plenty of brilliant small decisions the series made that still get the :banderas:reaction.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
tommy killing nucky was absolute trash.

when the show starts, tommy is 3 years old.

even if 3 years pass and tommy is 6 when harrow dies and he goes away, that makes him 13 this season.

also, how the fukk does tommy just happen to be there when doyle is looking for workers? he just happens to be with homeless guys waiting for the off chance that the mob comes hiring?

it would have made more sense if they had casted a 13 year old kid and have him approach nucky to work for him. use that to parallel nucky's flashback of wanting a chance to work with the commodore. have the kid doing odd jobs while nucky remembers his time as a kid. then, have the 13 year old shoot nucky when nucky figures out who he is somehow. maybe he asks the kid about his parents and the kid reveals his dad's name was jimmy darmody.

that also would have made it more of a surprise because u dont expect a kid to shoot nucky. instead, as soon as doyle hired that kid everybody suspected that it was tommy.

they rushed thru this season so much they fukked that arc up.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I liked the Tommy arc and I don't mind him killing Nucky...His intent at first wasn't to kill Nucky, he wanted to get to know him and Nucky confirmed everything Gillian told Tommy about him...Hence his decision to kill Nucky...I'm cool with that, its a logical ending to this fictional character...My issue with the Tommy arc as well as this season as a whole is that it felt very rushed...I have never seen a show with such stellar acting and writing get done so dirty like this...Tommy's age this season doesn't even make sense (he should be no older than 15 based off the timeline established in season 4)...and like somebody else said how did he know Doyle would be coming around to hire goons? Add to that it was very obvious who that kid was and you have a very messy ending to a great show...They could of handled this much better if they had more time...

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tommy killing nucky was absolute trash.

when the show starts, tommy is 3 years old.

even if 3 years pass and tommy is 6 when harrow dies and he goes away, that makes him 13 this season.

also, how the fukk does tommy just happen to be there when doyle is looking for workers? he just happens to be with homeless guys waiting for the off chance that the mob comes hiring?

it would have made more sense if they had casted a 13 year old kid and have him approach nucky to work for him. use that to parallel nucky's flashback of wanting a chance to work with the commodore. have the kid doing odd jobs while nucky remembers his time as a kid. then, have the 13 year old shoot nucky when nucky figures out who he is somehow. maybe he asks the kid about his parents and the kid reveals his dad's name was jimmy darmody.

that also would have made it more of a surprise because u dont expect a kid to shoot nucky. instead, as soon as doyle hired that kid everybody suspected that it was tommy.

they rushed thru this season so much they fukked that arc up.

He didn't even have to kill Nucky. He could have just killed someone else or did any other despicable life changing act (parallel it with Young Nuck pimping Gillian) and then revealed to Nucky he is Tommy Darmody. Nuck realizes his actions have ruined 3 generations of a family. Nuck realizes money doesn't fix everything. Nuck realizes he has no legacy. Nuck realizes he doesn't matter. Nuck realizes none of it meant anything. Fade to black.