Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I had no problem with the kid being Tommy, I mean you could tell by his second appearance that they looked for a guy that looked like Pitt and had him studying the way he talked and his mannerism, it was obvious he was Tommy, my problem was having him kill Nucky :scusthov: that shyt made no sense.

killacal

Banned
Daps
This is the first show I've seen from beginning to end :mjcry:
Anybody else think nucky was going to get killed in that tent on the boardwalk :mjlol:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
People are going to bytch but i find the complainta dishonest.

The show was ALWAYS about Nucky. And Theyve repeatedly said while he was loosely based in a real person he was fictional. So complaints about it not being about other characters are silly because it wasnt ever supposed to be. Its like watching breaking bad and complaining the show isnt about Gus.

I liked the ending. Because as I watched Nucky dying I realized I really did love the character and his arc.

When commodore said all that matters is what you leave bwhind it summed up the entire show.

Nucky didnt deserve to live. He sold his soul that day on the boardwalk.

The flashbacks were a beautiful book end. It was like an ouroboros.

It was only fitting nucky be ended by the lives he took. And all he left behind was money and the lives destroyed because of the pursuit of money.

It was a great story. A great character arc.

I loved the season, the end and it will go down as a top 5 show for me.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I had no problem with the kid being Tommy, I mean you could tell by his second appearance that they looked for a guy that looked like Pitt and had him studying the way he talked and his mannerism, it was obvious he was Tommy, my problem was having him kill Nucky :scusthov: that shyt made no sense.
He killed his pops and pimped out his grams. That seems like a good enough reason for me.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly

the wire ending, breaking bad, boardwalk...not "bad" or "lacking" per se, but compared to what the sopranos did, i dont know. hard to describe exactly what im tryna say. maybe they realized the challenge of ending such a series and left it open ended for completely the right reason

plus the fact that its tonys perspective (the black), and dude popped him, so you were seeing from his persepctive, thats just fukkin sick

It was genius. Putting the viewer in Tony's shoes and then "killing" us with him is the ultimate judgement on us. We got so much pleasure out of watching a sociopathic monster, we became complicit in his crimes. It was brilliant.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did they ever explain how mickey Doyle knew he was tommy? Remember like the 4th episode he was telling him a story and said "your father introduced me to them" and tommy looked up like what?!?:ohhh:

Then he said nevermind. His ass dead anyway but thats when him bein tommy got stuck in my head

I think Doyle was just telling one of his lame jokes, he never knew it was Tommy

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Narcisse murder was the best shot of the season to me....Jeffrey Wright made that shyt look so smooth lol

And why didn't any of his men across the street fire back at the 2 hitmen....they all just stood across the street like :ohhh::whoo:

It would've been dope if they showed a lil cameo of Madame St Clair meeting with Lucky after the hit like "Me & You, Now we work :win:"

I like the fact that they tried to tie everything in and put some plot twist in it. Like when Lucky tells his boy to take two men and kill him, they skip to Nucky walking on the boardwalk with 2 guys behind him looking like they might shoot him - yet instead the two men are gunning down Narcisse. So while they killed him off to wrap up loose ends, it's was eloquently done IMO. On the foot of a church, after telling Chalky he had his word .

mr x

Superstar
Daps
In the epilogue, Teddy avenges Nucky and kills Tommy on Emily's orders. She took the money that Margaret would've got since they were never divorced.

She now heads her own crime syndicate and she takes back AC from the Italians...Her stronghold forces them to fall back and they come to an agreement that AC is off limits to the Italians.

:lolbron:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I love this show. I love this show because it has a personal touch for me. They filmed part of season 2 ON MY BLOCK and down the street at the Masonic Temple here on Lafayette Ave and Clermont in Clinton Hill Brooklyn. I remember getting my mail and I saw Steve as Nucky in full costume and he gave me a hand shake. I said I loved the show. He said thanks and ran off to shoot the scene where he comes out of the his office in season 2. The history, rich. Me and my pop love Mafia lore. So its always fun to discuss it because my pops lived in the times of Lucky and Meyer and the 5 families. In fact his union at his job is run by the MOB and they knew my pops and respected him. Never bothered him. Anyways a couple of points:

1) The good DR claptize scene was great. Him running his mouth, didn't see two strange looking white boys just run up broad day with no remorse or care who saw them, and just BLAMMIFIED his ass on the street. I liked how he tried to defy death and stand up then stumbled then these CACs shot him in the head. Mr Jeffery Wright lives around the corner from me. I see him in the summer a lot. Again he knows me and my pops from just being around the way, we all go to same drug store. Cool dude. Always says hello to me. Class act. His acting on this show, SUPERB!! Clap for him.

2) I went :russ::lolbron::mjlol: when after Eli and Nucky embraced for the last time, Eli going through the bag of money like :gladbron::takedat: then Nucky hit him with one last :troll: with the shaving kit. Always looking out for his little brother.

3) Poor Gillian. :manny: and Nuck didn't even know how to make sense of it all.

4) YOUNG NUCKY IS THE GOAT. :blessed:

5) Luciano and the Commission. Get down or lay down :birdman:

6) Nucky's story. Now I know its been lightly touched upon but you can see the underlaying theme even in the flashbacks. Nuck was always always about FAMILY and trying to better himself for his family. And Jimmy was the only thing he had that was close to a son. Especially we see how his relationship with Gillian started with him giving a shyt and then giving her up to Commodore to better his position. Jimmy was going to be his lasting redemption for her AND for him not having kids of his own and leaving a legacy. Mabel was a good wife. Its sad she died. I feel for him. But her smarts and regal attitude is probably what he saw in Margret. Her and mabel have some of same qualities. With that said, he wasn't going to go off into the sunset. He was the last of the old guard that needed to be swept away so cats like Lucky, Meyer, the 5 families of New York to usher in the modern era of the Mafia. Whether it would have been tommy or Bugsy, Nucky was gonna go. He tried though. But it was one loose end he never had peace with. It was jimmy. Killing Jimmy sat with Nucky. Him having his family torn from him again and again with Mabel and his son dying, then Jimmy going off to war and coming back being changed and turn traitor, to having Margret and her kids and pretending to have this perfect family and then Margret leaving.

But Tommy wasn't trying to hear that bullshyt though. I told Nucky he was gonna get got. On his Facebook page I told him some of the goons were gonna hit the turnpike then the Garden State and ring his bells. Smack that silly ass top hat CLEAN OFF. He did it for his pops and for Harrow, for his moms. I was rooting for him. Then I remembered, he shot Jimmy. So its been fukk Nucky ever since. So :yeshrug:

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
No it wasn't, there was no build up for his death scene. Just some shyt they threw in there just because they could

:camby:

I would of much rather saw Chalky kill that dude than the Italians
I wasn't talkin bout the story aspect of it, I'm talkin bout how the hit was carried out, Jeffrey Wright acting and the way it was filmed....I loved it