Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
There's no where for his character to develop.

yeah he could have ran for major of Atlantic City and him and Nucky would own the town. then if he was Major he could have the national guard take the roads back from Gyp and they would own the market agian.

plus he seemed like a nice handyman who would be able to patch and fix the whore house and turn a profit, making his mother and the other guy both happy and profitable

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
yeah he could have ran for major of Atlantic City and him and Nucky would own the town. then if he was Major he could have the national guard take the roads back from Gyp and they would own the market agian.

plus he seemed like a nice handyman who would be able to patch and fix the whore house and turn a profit, making his mother and the other guy both happy and profitable

negative, that would make Nucky the punk of all punks. This man usurped your business, embarrassed him, ok'd an attempt on his life. there was NO WAY Jimmy could even THINK on keeping his life and Nucky retain his reputation or the respect of his partners.

CHESS...
NOT...
CHECKERS....

I don't give a eff it was his biological son, a man tries to kill another man. That man's life is forfeit. period. in this context.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Boring episode. I fell asleep twice trying to watch. Nucky and the lawyer was great. Nucky will do whatever to keep out of jail. Peg? Slut bag. She tries to be super righteous to erase a past of sin and evil. And Owen? I think Kate is gonna spill the beans to Nucky. And we know Nucky will buss his gun.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole season seems to be about Daddy Issues, and it's makin' me bored and putting my toes to sleep.

Teddy misses his daddy. So he's bad.
Nucky killed his (surrogate) son. So he sleeps with a woman so neutral that she could be a boy and even has a boy's name.
Billie Casey Anthony sadly reminisces about her dad's non-belief in her, so surrogate daddy Nucky rushes in to save the day.
Gillian's without moorings from missin' both her Big Daddy (the Commodore) and the son that she took into her bed to be her daddy/son. I can't say any more there without calling my therapist.
Eli comes home to find his oldest son having stepped in as daddy/provider...so he gets off his ass and gets back on the stick.
And the number of boy/men proxies for Nucky/Jimmy who are getting offed is kind of creepy: basement boy, newspaper boy...

Off all of those, the only one I am rooting for in any respect is Eli.

The scene with Esther and Nucky was the best of the evening. Sad to think that each scene in Boardwalk Empire used to be that level of concision, snappy dialog, wry humor, and unspoken undercurrent.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Rosetti is carrying this season..fukk whoever disagrees.

he's still not a good character. any antagonist like that would carry this season b/c their appearance basically guarantees action... but I'll admit, i missed him this week.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Owen has to die this season, b/c no one else really can. Gyp will, Owen probably will, which other big character is even a possibility? Gillian? Everyone is a historical figure who didn't die in 1924.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
Owen has to die this season, b/c no one else really can. Gyp will, Owen probably will, which other big character is even a possibility? Gillian? Everyone is a historical figure who didn't die in 1924.

am i the only one who feels Owen is gonna kill Nucky and take Margerat and the business over?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I think this show has done the opposite of paint itself into a corner....whatever the phrase for that is.

It's cast such an incredibly wide net that it struggles to keep tabs on every character and every subplot for week to week. They're bouncing from Nucky to Gyp to Margaret to Van Alden to Chalky to Eli to Gillian to Harrow to Rothstein....from New York to AC to DC to Tabor Heights to Chicago...and in a one-hour show it's becoming almost too much for the writers to handle imo. If watching the show in a marathon this might not be a problem...but week-to-week, viewers sometimes go 2-3 weeks without so much as a mention of fairly important characters or arcs.

I can tell the writers don't want the show to become all bootlegging/violence...but so many of the "normal" storylines have such little payoff, or at the least appear to have such little potential for anything satisfactory.